Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs made me nervous

wayomayo

Anyone hear Gibbs talking about he felt that the team was forced to throw as much as they did against the cowturds due to the circumsatnces. If I heard right he still intends on more of a balance attack leaning towards running it more.

I mean I'm for giving the ball to CP but maybe the dallas game proved that da O is more of a pass attack O. I got the sense that da O played more like Saunders wants the team to play, and it worked very well... and won't passing the ball open it up more for CP to find more room to run downfield?

And you know CP, w/ bigger holes to run through, will have big games even w/ out having to carry it 25- 30 times and subjecting his body to taking more hits than it has to.

Even though JC isn't the most accurate QB, but will be, I really hope that Gibbs and coaches let the guy loose from here on out. I don't think throwing it 50 times in a game is necessary but let the guy take his shots downfield more often than before the dallas game. He will connect deep more than not, especially now that it seems Moss is back and looks to be almost at full strength. Or maybe this new WR can help in doing that. But I doubt we'll see him on the field... Point is: DON'T HAND CUFF JC.

this is whats pissed me off about gibbs pressers since day one...he keeps talking about balance...WHO GIVES A **** about balance if one side is working...if passing the ball seems to be working better, keep doing that and dont worry "well we need to run 10 times more to be 50/50 so lets get balance instead of doing what works"

Well actually Gibbs also said if we are passing and keep going 3 and out then we are going to change things. Gibbs is going to do what works, but what also fits into what he feels will win the game and not necessarily a particular drive. Running wears down a team and is effective in Dec and Jan.

Only when the offense can get the running and passing game going together with Portis over a hundred hard and a with 250+ yards passing will the offense really take over. They are getting there, but I definitely want them to run the ball more in general than last week.

You have to have balance. Fifty-four passes is a bit much, but that was because we was playing catch up after the Cowboys went up by two scores. I would like us to trim the passing down to about 33-35 passes a game. We can't become one demensional either one way or the other.

You have to have balance. Fifty-four passes is a bit much, but that was because we was playing catch up after the Cowboys went up by two scores. I would like us to trim the passing down to about 33-35 passes a game. We can't become one demensional either one way or the other.

Even 33-35 is too many passes. Ideally you want to pass no more than 25-28 per game and run 35-38.

I think if a defense is giving you the pass...take it. I've gotta believe that just about all the top teams pass more than run. Sure, you want to run to prevent the defense from dropping everybody to stop the pass. But if being a "balanced" offense in this league means about 50/50 run/pass, then you'd better have a darn good defense because you'll need it to keep the game close. Gibbs probably hates to see high-scoring games. He wants to run the ball and play tough defense. I believe you have a chance to score more by passing, so why not pass more than run and play tough defense.

Whatever works on offense is fine, but I just hate to see these games where you are struggling right to the end in tight games and just hope you don't make mistakes that bring about a loss. These type games are happening too much this year for the 'Skins.

Name me the last time the Redskins won a game passing the ball 54 times, or more then 45 times

If you are passing that much, you are not in control of the game. Your D is on the field much longer and you are not winning the battle at the LOS

Pass deep, make plays in the passing game, but you have to be able to run the ball. The Redskins will win 0 games passing it 40+ times much less 54 times

it's not about handcuffing j.c. it's about gameplanning against a team. dallas' pass defense sucks, their run d is great. tampa's run d is so-so, their pass defense is good. we will run the ball more this week and be more ballanced.

i really wish our fans would take the time to understand how the game is being played and think about what we are being given instead of making claims that we are always handcuffing players.

yeah but showing the teams that we can pass makes them think then. now we can play pass too, so if you mix it up it opens up running game. until now everyone knew we go run run pass! I think portis will have some good games for the rest of the season. we have some good talent, its time to use them all, not just one or two players. I just hope we dont go back to the stuborn run run pass game again!

Gibbs said that we're going to run the ball until they have to bring a safety into the box. Then we'll look down field. We take what their D gives us.

If our running game is doing the job and they're not stacking the box, I see no reason to Pass.

Where I have a problem is when our running game is getting shut down and Gibbs still refuses to pass the ball. Hopefully we won't see that anymore.

Gibbs said that we're going to run the ball until they have to bring a safety into the box. Then we'll look down field. We take what their D gives us.

If our running game is doing the job and they're not stacking the box, I see no reason to Pass.

Where I have a problem is when our running game is getting shut down and Gibbs still refuses to pass the ball. Hopefully we won't see that anymore.

NOW that we FINALLY having Campbell able to call ONE audible per game, perhaps we can now audible deep when they move that safety up into the box.

We were foolish to not let this kid call an easy audible when he sees one.

NOW that we FINALLY having Campbell able to call ONE audible per game, perhaps we can now audible deep when they move that safety up into the box.

We were foolish to not let this kid call an easy audible when he sees one.

On Larry Michaels show today he had Gibbs on it and he brought up the fact that JC told him that he called an audible on the play where he hit Moss for the one handed catch down the side line.

Gibbs said that JC was stupid for telling you (Larry) that. He also said that maybe you should tell JC not to talk about stuff like that because I can't seem to get through to him. It sounded like Gibbs was a little pissed off about it.

Looks like Larry sold out JC on accident today. If JC weren't such a classy guy he'd probably give Larry the brush next time he tried to get an interview.

(didn't realize that there is already a thread on this "Redskins Radio")

The NFL now is 55% pass 45% run on average, top offenses throw even more than that.

Be one thing if Gibbs showed that his offense was elite with doing the opposite of what most of the NFL is doing with his run heavy game plan -- but the rest of the NFL for the most part has looked better than the Skins offense.

Hopefully last Sundays game is a harbinger for the Skins joining the 21st century version of the NFL and throw a little more than run.

I think you are taking his comments the wrong way. Just that they opened up the offense for the first two days should really be heart warming. By balanced he means they dont want to throw the ball 50+ times every game. I think they finally are at the point of just letting Jason play, and thats what this offense truly needs.

This was the first game that I have seen all year in which the Redskins came out after half time and appeared to have adjusted for what needed to be done to finish the game. They gave themselves a chance to win it in the end. If that means passing more, then so be it. We took what was available. Had CP been able to break out 30 yards per run, I am sure we would have been doing that. Personally, I think you aim for a balanced approach, but if it isn't happening with one aspect, you take the one that is there.

this is whats pissed me off about gibbs pressers since day one...he keeps talking about balance...WHO GIVES A **** about balance if one side is working...if passing the ball seems to be working better, keep doing that and dont worry "well we need to run 10 times more to be 50/50 so lets get balance instead of doing what works"

I agree

Archived