Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can gibbs do what he did two years ago?

akorn22

Two years ago the redskins dropped to 5-6 and everyone counted us out. Then gibbs, along with some veteran players who stepped up and rallied this team to win the next 5 straight games to make the playoffs. The redskins just dropped to 5-5 in yet another game they probably should have won. The team also showed a lot more bright spots today then i thought they were going to show earlier in the week. THe nfc is still pretty bad, but after the last 2 weeks we have let ourselves drop into a tough race by getting behind the giants and lions, and getting close to the eagles and cardinals. Even so, 10-6 can possibly make the playoffs again, and we realistically have a chance to go 11-5 if we play to our full potential.

The redskins showed some promise today, but campbell still cannot throw deep consistently, and he made a very boneheaded decision with the game on the line. Does anyone think gibbs and the vets can rally the team again to a remarkable finish?

yes he can. As long as our O keeps playing this way, we will have a shot.

When St comes back, our D will be much much better and will allow us to make a run.

As long as we can get by Tampa w/o ST we will be fine. He'll be back for the Bears game after TB so if we can beat TB and be 6-5 heading into that week, I don't see why 10-6 or hell 11-5 isn't possible.

I say we win 5 out of our last 6 and finish 10-6 and earn a wildcard spot over Detroit.

If Joe Gibbs can do it once, he can do it again. The rest of the schedule is pretty much in our faces and we have to show now more than at anytime in the season that we belong in the playoffs. Forget 2005 for a moment. We have lost very close games this year. And we almost pulled out a win yesterday. I think this will only make the team hungrier and more focused.

If he does make the playoffs and wins a couple of games would you guys want gibbs back?

Yes I would. I mean face it, wether you are Gibb's redskins, Wade's cowboys, or mccarthy's packers, no one is beating the patriots in the superbowl. But I firmly beleive that as of 2007 with the players we have, we should at least be a top nfc team. So if gibbs can prove we are a top nfc team, then I will be content with that. BUt our record isn;t that promising.

ANd btw, our defense looked sorry against TO

No I don't. I think we finish 8-8.

What kind of weed is that your smokin'? Skunk Redhair or Northern Lights :doh: :laugh: What 3 teams are gonna beat us out of the last 6? You think we'll lose to the Bucs, the Giants, and the Pokes again? You're smokin' some good stuff. If we win against the Bucs without Taylor, and we get him back after that, and get Thomas back by the Giants game, we'll go 11-5 or 10-6 at worst. Hell the way the NFC is playing, we could get in as a Wild Card at 9-7. The problem is that we've got 5 of 6 NFC opponents remaining so we almost have to win 5 of the next 6 to get in IMO. 8-8 though? Nah, I think we're better than that.

If he does make the playoffs and wins a couple of games would you guys want gibbs back?

He still has a year left on his contract, so it wouldn't be our choice.

But yes, I think we are not only in the playoff hunt at this point, but, if we beat TB next week, I think we'll have as good a chance as anyone not located in Dallas or GB to grab a wild card spot.

Face it the reality is this, Joe Gibbs allows Al Saunders to call plays until we get in the redzone, then for some reason Gibbs takes back the play calling and goes into Super Conservative mode that usually ends up biting us in the butt. Then on Defense we have this "genious defensive coordinator" That either refuses to make adjustments or is simply too arrogant, either way it spells disaster. The run we made in 2005 was Gibbs best and last chance to go back to the Superbowl. Teams have figured our defense out and Gibbs needing to call the plays in the redzone is the downfall. I don't care if we got Thomas, Jansen, Taylor and everyone was completely healthy this coaching staff is what is hurting this team, nothing more and nothing less.

It's possible, but only if our defense can regain its early form. The offense still struggles to put up 20 pts a game, that means that we are in dogfights week in, week out. The defense has got to figure out a way to stop giving up these big plays till ST comes back.

its going to be VERY HARD.

When we made our run, Eli was still green, the Iggles didn't have Mcnabb, we had more cupcake games, and we played at home for the majority of that run of 5 games, and the Cowboys were not very good. We only lost one NFC east game that year ...

not sure.

yeah we can do it ... if we slip up, we can only afford to slip against the Bills and/or Dallass ... all the other teams we face will be contending for a WC spot.

Even though I am going to the Bills game, this is the one we can most afford to lose, if any.

It can be done. Though our backs are against the wall, and we will need to play "mistake-free" football for 6 straight weeks to have a shot.

Too bad we don't get to play St. Louis, SF or ATL this final strecth.

Minnesota worries me more than Chicago.

Archived