Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did the refs job anyone else today?

tr1

That call isn't made if Ware doesn't touch his facemask. He wasn't really flagged for being "rough" so much as he was for slapping Campbell's facemask for no reason after the play was over. Hands to the face is almost always a penalty no matter how weak it is.

Or he was getting blocked and his hand just happened to miss Campbell's arm when he was throwing.

But you're right slapping him in the facemask when the play was over sounds alot better when you're trying to villify the Cowboys.

Ok I have a question. Who determines when the game takes a TV timeout. It seems very odd to me that this game had barely any commercial breaks, yet after Rocky gets the would-be INT, and the offense is on the field, all of the sudden they go to a commercial break which gives the Cowboys staff extra time to watch replays of the non-INT. As soon as Rocky made the attempt, I was screaming for the offense to run on the field and run the play, but then all of the sudden they go to a commercial break when neither team called a timeout. That really bugged me.

Keep in mind that I am in a sportsbar where game audio is usually drowned out by fans.

???

Or he was getting blocked and his hand just happened to miss Campbell's arm when he was throwing.

But you're right slapping him in the facemask when the play was over sounds alot better when you're trying to villify the Cowboys.

I am not trying to villify anyone. You can argue with the NFL RULE all you want. I didn't even say I like the rule or agree with it, but it is a rule, and if you think Ware is the first person that has been screwed by an iffy rule then you are wrong. Same call was made on Phillip Daniels last year because he "slapped" McNabb's facemask. It might be a lame rule, but it is the rule.

Let me guess, next you are going to tell me Roy Williams isn't "horse-collaring" he is simply patting the ball-carrier on the back!?! :doh:

I am not trying to villify anyone. You can argue with the NFL RULE all you want. I didn't even say I like the rule or agree with it, but it is a rule, and if you think Ware is the first person that has been screwed by an iffy rule then you are wrong. Same call was made on Phillip Daniels last year because he "slapped" McNabb's facemask. It might be a lame rule, but it is the rule.

Let me guess, next you are going to tell me Roy Williams isn't "horse-collaring" he is simply patting the ball-carrier on the back!?! :doh:

You said "he was for slapping Campbell's facemask for no reason after the play was over. "

1.The play wasn't over

2.He didnt slap him in the facemask he was blocked into him and his hands were up.

I'd say by saying that you were trying to villify him.

You are correct about the rule.. but I'm sure most would agree that its either

a pathetic rule

or pathetic inforcement of the rule.

the refs treat the qbs like they are pansys in todays NFL, all 5 people in my house said that was a stupid penalty against Ware, but hey, what can ya do?

BTW the ball hit the ground, if you see it hit the ground it is irrefutable evidence the receiver (in this case Rocky) did not catch the ball) :)

The Rocky INT overturn was CLEARLY the right call. As soon as they showed the first replay from a new angle I called it right away. Again, those of you who dispute may have not seen it on High Def.

Ball hit the ground, AND it was moving. Correct call. Stop being a homer.

As for the Ware roughing the passer, it's obvious that it was not intentional. You could see he WAS trying to pull it back. Regardless, he still slapped the QB's helmet after the ball was thrown. Call was correct.

Personally, I felt that on one play where Carter got great penetration he was going to sack Romo sits to pee, but he got held. no call was made.

The refs did not screw anyone today. They called a fair game

I'm anxious to hear what Rocky has to say.

All the players on both teams thought it was an INT.

And, frankly, I don't think that replay was clear enough to over turn...

...but hey, they were in Texas stadium, where the refs are surrounded by players and joking with them...

...what was I thinking...?

There is not a person on earth that can talk any sense into you...

We are just hoping that you don't find that cancelled check that we write to Goodell... it would be scandalous...

Also, late in the game, I believe Santana Moss got pulled down and mugged, why was the penalty against the Cowboys holding and not Pass Interference? Holding gave us a meager 5 yard gain, while Pass Interference moves us to the spot of the foul which was about 15+ yards. Was the penalty somewhere else and I missed it our what?

QUOTE]

Don't know about the timeout, but the penalty I think you are questioning was illegal contact. Which is a 5 yard auto 1st down.

doesnt matter springs got away with a clear PI too so with that we still broke even

Yeah there was a play on 3rd down i believe, TO ran a route, stopped and kinda fell, and was nearly tackled by the defender before the ball was even close. I'm not really complaining it was just something that ticked me off when it happened :P I thought the refs were pretty good but the NFL needs to do something about these patty cake QB rules, they're ridiculous. You could tell Ware had no intent to hit JC's helmet. He's a class act IMO and intent and severity should play a role in the rule's enforcement.

This was about the most fair I have seen a game called all year. I saw a couple of things on both sides that should have been called, as well as a couple that I didn't think should have. But all in all, this game was pretty fairly officiated.

And, yes, the interception was correctly overturned.

Yeah there was a play on 3rd down i believe, TO ran a route, stopped and kinda fell, and was nearly tackled by the defender before the ball was even close. I'm not really complaining it was just something that ticked me off when it happened :P

no worse than allowing TO to push off :)

no worse than allowing TO to push off :)

True, but I don't see TO interfering... ever.

Matter of fact I don't see Cowboy holds or DWare Offsides either. :D

On that Ware sack where JC fumbled, I coulda sworn he was offsides until the replay, he got an amazing jump.

I'm anxious to hear what Rocky has to say.

All the players on both teams thought it was an INT.

And, frankly, I don't think that replay was clear enough to over turn...

...but hey, they were in Texas stadium, where the refs are surrounded by players and joking with them...

...what was I thinking...?

And where are the links to quotes expressing what the players thought? It looked as if Rocky knew he didnt make that according to his face on the sidelines.

Nice stretch though. Doesnt take away from the fact that the Skins played a hell of a game, just not enough at the end. May or may not be different in DC

The refs called a surprisingly fair game.

I dunno...the Boys were holding our DLine all day long and we didn't get any calls. Maybe ONE.

Ok I have a question. Who determines when the game takes a TV timeout. It seems very odd to me that this game had barely any commercial breaks, yet after Rocky gets the would-be INT, and the offense is on the field, all of the sudden they go to a commercial break which gives the Cowboys staff extra time to watch replays of the non-INT. As soon as Rocky made the attempt, I was screaming for the offense to run on the field and run the play, but then all of the sudden they go to a commercial break when neither team called a timeout. That really bugged me.

They went to a commercial break because of the challenge - they just never showed Phillips throwing the red flag.

All this talk about bad calls by tr1, yet no mention of the pathetic Roughing the Passer call on Ware?

:laugh:

What you are forgetting is that we picked up 14 yards and a 1st down on that play so it really didn't matter. You're worrying about a 1 yard swing?

Archived