Extremeskins

Parents Face up to 10 days in jail for not vaccinating

Ken

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/nat-gen/2007/nov/17/111709480.html

Parents Ordered to Court for Kids' Shots

By MATTHEW BARAKAT

Associated Press Writer

UPPER MARLBORO, Md. (AP) -

Hundreds of grumbling parents facing a threat of jail lined up at a courthouse Saturday to either prove that their school-age kids already had their required vaccinations or see that the youngsters submitted to the needle.

The get-tough policy in the Washington suburbs of Prince George's County was one of the strongest efforts made by any U.S. school system to ensure its youngsters receive their required immunizations.

Two months into the school year, school officials realized that more than 2,000 students in the county still didn't have the vaccinations they were supposed to have before attending class.

So Circuit Court Judge C. Philip Nichols ordered parents in a letter to appear at the courthouse Saturday and either get their children vaccinated on the spot or risk up to 10 days in jail. They could also provide proof of vaccination or an explanation why their kids didn't have them.

By about 8:30 a.m., the line of parents stretched outside the courthouse in the county on the east side of Washington.

Many of them complained that their children already were properly immunized but the school system had misplaced the records. They said efforts to get the paperwork straightened out had been futile.

"It was very intimidating," Territa Wooden of Largo said of the letter. She said she presented the paperwork at the courthouse Saturday and resolved the matter.

<CLICK LINK FOR FULL STORY>

OMG how did they infiltrate the local county govt. Everyones in on it except me!

I'm head of the local illuminati chapter in east tennessee.

If you'd like, I can get you an application. Just let me know.

And yes, this is all part of our conspiracy. One world government! Jail the parents! Immunize the children! And all of that good stuff. It's a great time, I think you'll really enjoy your membership.

Dues are a ***** though, i won't lie.

I'm head of the local illuminati chapter in east tennessee.

If you'd like, I can get you an application. Just let me know.

And yes, this is all part of our conspiracy. One world government! Jail the parents! Immunize the children! And all of that good stuff. It's a great time, I think you'll really enjoy your membership.

Dues are a ***** though, i won't lie.

You have kids zoony?

Yah, but he's not old enough to join.

Oh, he's a he...

Just a little FYI for you...males are more likely to be damaged from the neuro toxins in the vaccines.

I would do some serious research into what is in the vaccines and what they have been linked to before you go defending throwing parents in jail for exercising their 4th amendment right.

Oh, he's a he...

Just a little FYI for you...males are more likely to be damaged from the neuro toxins in the vaccines.

I would do some serious research into what is in the vaccines and what they have been linked to before you go defending throwing parents in jail for exercising their 4th amendment right.

When do you find time to post when you're constantly hiding under your bed in fear of vaccinations,conspiracies,the government.........

Oh, he's a he...

I think it sucks that my child has to be exposed to illness just because some rednecks out there are either too lazy or too paranoid to get their children's vaccined.

(vacined, is that a word?)

When do you find time to post when you're constantly hiding under your bed in fear of vaccinations,conspiracies,the government.........

Look, vaccinations are not good for you, nor do they actually work.

Take a look at the Sarkozy thread where I listed the ingredients in them.

I want you to tell me which of those ingredients you think I should want in my kids body.

I think it sucks that my child has to be exposed to illness just because some rednecks out there are either too lazy or too paranoid to get their children's vaccined.

I would think you might consider the policies that expose your kid to illness first before you address vaccinations....but I guess that ain't popular. ;)

I would think you might consider the policies that expose your kid to illness first before you address vaccinations....but I guess that ain't popular. ;)

like when he touches a dirty shopping cart in Kroger, and then puts his hand in his mouth?

Well, since you vaccinate, you should be fine.

It is quite humorous to me that it is actually the opposite that your vaccinated kid, who emits the virus from his/her pores, exposes my kid to things that she would otherwise not come in contact with.

I know, it is immunity by commnunity, perhaps the dumbest thing i've ever heard of. As long as it makes sense to you.

exposes my kid to things that she would otherwise not come in contact with.

And you know this how?

While you're at it hotshot, work up the winning lotto numbers for me?

BTW, how do you think the spread of smallpox,measles,polio got stopped?

Was it immunizing the population or did the government decide we'd suffered enough and quit implanting diseases in the food and water?? :rolleyes:

Well, since you vaccinate, you should be fine.

It is quite humorous to me that it is actually the opposite that your vaccinated kid, who emits the virus from his/her pores, exposes my kid to things that she would otherwise not come in contact with.

I know, it is immunity by commnunity, perhaps the dumbest thing i've ever heard of. As long as it makes sense to you.

are you serious? care to post an evidence?

While I think Ken generally goes overboard with the whole conspiracy theory thing, I do feel for some of these parents.

I'm a SLP and I work with children with autism. Several of my students' parents refuse to vaccinate their other children because they believe the vaccines caused their child's autism. CDC and other medical researchers have not found a definite link between vaccines & autism; however, that doesn't mean that vaccinations are safe for everyone.

I heard a doctor explain it this way...some people cannot take penicillian because they have major negative reactions to it. Why is it so far fetched to think that some children will react negatively to vaccinations? More research is clearly needed.

I will be interested to see how the PG county courts/school system deals with the parents in this situation. I do believe in vaccinations (both my boys are up to date on their shots), but I don't expect parents to blindly follow vaccination protocols after seeing their child (or children) regress after receiving the shots.

I guess the question is...does a parents' reservation about vaccines & autism constitute a valid medical reason for a waiver? I think it does, but it will be interesting to see if PG county agrees.

Amy

"CDC and other medical researchers have not found a definite link between vaccines & autism; however, that doesn't mean that vaccinations are safe for everyone."

there is no correlation between vaccination and autism, the idea simply has no solid basis. Maybe not everyone will be perfectly unaffected by negative symptoms, but probably 99.9+% of the population, unless you have good reason to believe you are part of that <0.01% then you are being irrational by ignoring the vaccine.

I heard a doctor explain it this way...some people cannot take penicillian because they have major negative reactions to it. Why is it so far fetched to think that some children will react negatively to vaccinations? More research is clearly needed.

research takes time, what makes you think we haven't done enough.

Uh, my copy of the 4th amendment seems to be missing the part that mentions the right to send disease carriers into a room where society forces other people to send their children.

Archived