Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could Landry play ST's position until his return? (Mod Edited Title)

Fan4life

Frankly, I was thinking the same thing. I read somewhere that PP is very good against the run. If that's so, it makes more sense for him to play closer to the line, with Landry playing centerfield. I recognize that this would be a real challenge for a rookie, but Landry's natural talents might make this option the best alternative until Sean returns.

I think we're better off playing a two high safety look for this game. One of landry's few weaknesses coming out of college was that he didn't always play the ball well in the air. He needs more experience, as does PP, as being a lone Safety playing Center Field the way ST does.

Could he play ST position until his return? Landry seems to have the same range as ST. Just seems more logical vs the Cowboys open pass scheme. :dallasuck

I was actually thinking this very thought a couple days ago and completely agree. He seems to have tha athleticism required to offer good deep pass coverage. Move Pierson up for run support is my suggestion. GW himself said shortly after drafting Landry that he gave them a luxury b/c of his ability to play either Safety postion and excel at both.

I was actually thinking this very thought a couple days ago and completely agree. He seems to have tha athleticism required to offer good deep pass coverage. Move Pierson up for run support is my suggestion. GW himself said shortly after drafting Landry that he gave them a luxury b/c of his ability to play either Safety postion and excel at both.

I was thinking about this too.

I'd like to see Vernon Fox play.

I was going to say the same thing too Santana. What about Vernon? He stepped in last season and did better than what I thought. So it should go like this

FS- V.Fox

SS - L. Laundry

LCB - S.Springs

RCB - F.Smoot

With Macklin, Prioleau, and Doughtery coming in.

I was going to say the same thing too Santana. What about Vernon? He stepped in last season and did better than what I thought. So it should go like this

FS- V.Fox

SS - L. Laundry

LCB - S.Springs

RCB - F.Smoot

With Macklin, Prioleau, and Doughtery coming in.

Exactly. After last week, Prioleau shouldn't be starting period. I think Fox is better anyways.

Man, this isn't exactly a luxury of options for us. I'd love to go into this game with Sean, Carlos, and Marcus, but it is what it is.

We're gonna have to score some points Sunday fellas. Maybe Antwaan or Rock are due for a big return. Maybe get some reckless picks off Romo sits to pee.

Gonna be a tough day.

No. No need to have him learn a new position his rookie year.

PP was playing a lot already anyway, so we may see a lot more Reed Doughty on defense.

Hope he's up to it.

Agreed. Landry is doing too well in his position as a rookie to move him around now, even if it's temporary. While it's obvious that PP was a huge reason we lost to the Eagles, I think he'll play much better having a week to prepare. Although nobody has an effect on the Cowboys like ST does. TO fears him, and he knows it...

Could he play ST position until his return? Landry seems to have the same range as ST. Just seems more logical vs the Cowboys open pass scheme. :dallasuck
I think he can but thats alot to put on a rookie he seems alittle to aggressive similar to how ST played when he first got here. I think Vernon Fox is a quality back up and if he isnt hurt anymore should be activated infront on P Priouleau at starting Free Saftey :2cents:

I'm pretty confident Williams will keep Landry in his position. Which means you will see a rotation of Vernon Fox, Reed Doughty, and Pierson Prioleau covering Witten and Owens over the middle. I'm also fairly confident you will see Fletcher covering TO at one point. It's going to be a fun fun day.....

Archived