Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If I was Greg Williams

NotInOurHouse

With Taylor being out I would put the hardest hitter (better tackler) between Prioleu and Fox and put them in Landry's current spot at SS and move Landry to Taylor's spot at FS. This way we will still have some of that range that Taylor had along with his big hit ability and Landry traditionally has better ball skills than Prioleu and Fox.

Naw, don't wanna stunt Landry's growth by doing that. keep Landry at SS and use PP/Vernon Fox as FS. Have Landry blitz the hell outta Romo sits to pee and hope that the CB's do their job to cover their WR's.

I agree with you. But to the OP, this is pretty much already being discussed in the Sean Taylor injury thread.

With ST out do you really think we are going to blitz against Dallas? It would be a crying shame if we play this BS prevent defense and be picked apart by Tony Homo. I actually made it a point to watch Area 51 at the game yesterday. I just couldn't get over how far back LL and ST were playing even on 1st down. With Considine out, the Eagles were playing press coverage on Bdawks side with the exception of a few. I just couldnt get over how far down the field LL and ST were.

if you were gregg williams...nah...too easy. :)

love your enthusiasm, but you've dug deeply into what has been my biggest heartburn with this team...the inability to develop talent capable to step in at a time when needed. yeah, we have what, 4 first rounders starting as dbs...great, but what's next?....dudes that are either undrafted or castoffs by other teams.

If I were Gregg Williams, I'd insist that we spend a couple of day one picks on some DE's that can actually get to the qb so we could actually balance this defense out.

ah hah!!! you've solved the riddle my friend! an ability to rush the passer with the front 4! you have my vote for the next skins gm. :)

If I were Gregg Williams. . . and I wanted to be the next head coach then I would figure out a way in which to get to Tony Romo sits to pee, because if he doesn't, this team's chances of making the playoffs goes out the window and so does his chances of becoming the next head coach. The disturbing trend here is the offense has put up 20+ points per game, but the defense has given up 20+points per game as well. Something has to be adjusted, because just as a playoff team doesn't score above 20 isn't a playoff team, a team that gives up 20+ points isn't a playoff team.

If I were Gregg Williams. . . and I wanted to be the next head coach then I would figure out a way in which to get to Tony Romo sits to pee, because if he doesn't, this team's chances of making the playoffs goes out the window and so does his chances of becoming the next head coach. The disturbing trend here is the offense has put up 20+ points per game, but the defense has given up 20+points per game as well. Something has to be adjusted, because just as a playoff team doesn't score above 20 isn't a playoff team, a team that gives up 20+ points isn't a playoff team.

yes the team put up 20pts the last two weeks but I still dont think the offense has averaged 20pts for the season. The offense up to this point has been a overall failure while the defense has had 3 bad weeks out of 9 and one of those are best DB is out.

Concede the game to the Cowboys and concentrate simply on inflicting the maximum amount of punsihment possible. Blitz every player on every down. Send guys flying at Romo sits to pee in waves. Take every fifteen yard penalty possible.

We're going to lose no matter what. The very least we can do is leave them in a bloody pulp at the end of the day.

With Taylor being out I would put the hardest hitter (better tackler) between Prioleu and Fox and put them in Landry's current spot at SS and move Landry to Taylor's spot at FS. This way we will still have some of that range that Taylor had along with his big hit ability and Landry traditionally has better ball skills than Prioleu and Fox.

Landry doesn't fair that well in coverage though. Offenses tend to pick on him during passing plays because still green at coverage repsonsibilities. I'd rather keep in close to the line, and let PP play the free safety spot.

Landry doesn't fair that well in coverage though. Offenses tend to pick on him during passing plays because still green at coverage repsonsibilities. I'd rather keep in close to the line, and let PP play the free safety spot.

I think landry is ok when it comes to playing coverage in space which essentially is what the free saftey job entails. He does struggle a little when in coverage in man to man. Pierson is absolutely terrible in coverage and is slow which is a very bad combo. They actually send Pierson on blitzes a lot even though he gets picked up most of the time.

If I'm Williams, no more Nickel base defenses. I'd rather have Godfrey and his wheelchair out there than see another 5 yard pass go for a 32 yard TD. I'm also with the guy that said leave Dallas bloodied. At the very least, make it such that Romo sits to pee's jaw is wired shut.

Archived