Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL fines Owens $10,000 for towel-waving celebration

DWinzit

Umm this was his first offense, he was not fined for celebration or anything like that, he was fined for using an object that was not licensed by the NFL
So he has never been in any trouble or controversy over celebrating? He was fined for using an object that wasn't liscensed by the NFL in a celebration.
Earlier this season, Owens was fined $7,500 for a celebration that included using the goal post and football to poke fun at the New England Patriots' spying scandal during Dallas' 37-20 victory over Miami this past Sunday

So he has never been in any trouble or controversy over celebrating? He was fined for using an object that wasn't liscensed by the NFL in a celebration.

The fine had nothing to do with celebrating, if he was waving a white towel their would not have been a fine

The fact that the towel was "advertising" is why there was a fine

Why is a fine for habitual behavior a bad thing?

It's not like he hadn't been warned or fined before.

Why should TO get a pass?

It isn't his league.

It should have been $100,000.

Agree wholeheartedly. I'm surprised at the REdskin faithful here defending Owens. He was always the enemy, now he's a Dallas player. That makes him more of an enemy. Any fines should be welcome, only for the fact that he plays for Dallas.

It amazes me how a guy who once danced on their star now gets the benefit of the doubt from the simpletons in Dallas.

I sometimes thought puke fans had some integrity...I guess I was wrong.

Meh. Last year he got on my nerves a little, but this year? He's been nothing but a good teammate.

We all had our reservations about the guy coming in. We had quite a few fans say they wouldn't watch another Cowboy game til he was gone. We even had a guy that said that he was so angry about it that it was causing friction between him and his wife. No kidding. Trust me. It hasn't been taken lightly here in Dallas, but he's sort of won some of us over.

He could blow up again tomorrow, but until then, we'll just enjoy the ride.

Oh and I have no integrity and am most definitely a simpleton. ;)

him waving the towel and saying nothing did not advertise the product since he never mentioned the product was for sale or where to get it.

The articles written about it in papers, pft etc and now the fine that has been shown all over ESPN advertised it

What a crock of **** :laugh:

Why would he need to say anything? He was waving a towel around that was not sanctioned by the NFL. Same scenario as Jim McMahon wearing a Adidas headband and then getting fined for it. I doubt McMahon was yelling that you can get one at your local footlocker. How about players getting fined for not wearing certain shoe brands? I think people would also be smart enough to figure out a TO towel would most likely be available through his personal website.

Also, what do you expect the league to do? Ignore it totally because they don't want to advertise it any further? So that means the next idiot can hold up anything on TV that he wants because the league wouldn't want to risk getting a story out of fining him for the product display and advertise it further for him. Seriously, get a grip.

Stop riding his nuts, he deserved the fine. You guys are ridiculous the way you defend anything TO nowadays.

What a crock of **** :laugh:

Why would he need to say anything? He was waving a towel around that was not sanctioned by the NFL. Same scenario as Jim McMahon wearing a Adidas headband and then getting fined for it. I doubt McMahon was yelling that you can get one at your local footlocker. How about players getting fined for not wearing certain shoe brands? I think people would also be smart enough to figure out a TO towel would most likely be available through his personal website.

Adidas was clearly visible, and a direct competitor to the shoe company that sponsored the NFL. Know what was visible on the towel? TO's name.

Also, what do you expect the league to do? Ignore it totally because they don't want to advertise it any further? So that means the next idiot can hold up anything on TV that he wants because the league wouldn't want to risk getting a story out of fining him for the product display and advertise it further for him. Seriously, get a grip.

I dont care that they find him, I just think its ridiculous, they did more to advertise the product by fining him than he did by waving a towel around that had his name on it

Stop riding his nuts, he deserved the fine. You guys are ridiculous the way you defend anything TO nowadays.

Many people disagree with you. Maybe its not so much as riding someones nuts as it is seeing how stupid it is. Or are the redskins fans in this thread riding his nuts as well? Is KosherHam a closet Cowboys fan who loves TO? Or is he someone that is looking at this objectively and seeing that its BS

Archived