Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com: Vikings dock WR Williamson pay for missing game to attend funeral

redskns21

Business decision?

Williamson doesn't have something equivalent to a sick day that he could use? Hell, it isn't like he just missed the game without notice. He talked it over upon leaving. That is ****ing disgusting that you are going to punish a guy for attending a funeral. It isn't like he just felt like staying home. :doh:

The Minnesota Vikings have NO respect and get zero respect from me. :mad:

I wonder just how bad this is going to be for them PR wise. Very few, if any, of their fans or NFL fans in general will feel that this was justified. In the wake of trying to clean up their image after the Love Boat, etc. this just reeks of stupidity.

Also, good for Williamson in going anyway and then saying in response that they could have taken a years pay and he still would have gone. I'd really like to see the commish step in here and block them from imposing this fine.

Considering what he cost the Viking in the draft, I'm sure they view Williamson as a disappointment. I bet they'd have paid him if he had better numbers over the past few seasons!

That and the fact they save half of the average annual salary of the average American by not paying him for not showing up to work makes it a business decision!

"Williamson's maternal grandmother, who helped to raise him and with whom he was very close, died last week and he returned to South Carolina, where he played a large role in arranging her funeral. He also had to make travel arrangements for several of his siblings, some of whom are in the armed services. He returned to the team on Wednesday as the Vikings began practicing for this Sunday's game against Green Bay."

Wow, just wow.

1) "business??" that is a cop-out....

2) Im not saying 23,000 is chump change, but Williamson could use that money (from what i heard he paid for most of it and paid for family to fly to the service.) and lets be honest...lets say the ave. tix in Minn is 40 bucks and they had 70k there...that is equal to 2,800,000!!! whats a matter 2,777,000 was not going to pay the bills this week???

CLASSLESS

Archived