Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you rather make the Playoffs

andyburd

I was thinking about this today. Would we be more miserable making the playoffs and losing to the Cowpukes, or not making the playoffs at all?

I say I would rather not make the playoffs then lose to Dallas in the playoff. How bout you all? I don't think I could take losing to them in the playoffs

I will still ENJOY the celebration of when we clinch a spot so that I can have visions of sugar plums dancing in my head. The week of anticipation, even if it were a 1st round exit, etc.

But playing Dallas would mean that survived our 1st round playoff game in "this" particular year.

Also, we'll always have the upper hand on Dallas as far as playoffs head to head...we beat them in 2 NFC Championships.

That's a very good question.

To be honest, I'm more concerned with how we do as a team, not how we stack up against rivals. Therefore, I think I'd rather make the playoffs and lose to Dallas (especially since it would probably mean we got out of the first round considering they are trending toward having a first-round bye).

It would make it a little tougher if they beat us on their way to winning a championship. However, if they beat us and then lost in the next round, I'd be OK with that. The fact is, they are further along than we are. Since I recognize that, I could live with a loss to them in the playoffs.

The tougher question for me is this:

Would you rather make the playoffs with our current philosophy KNOWING that we have a low ceiling and are not a threat to win a championship or would you rather miss the playoffs and prompt philosophical changes (either with this coaching staff or the next) which would give us a better chance to be at a championship level?

Discuss.

I will still ENJOY the celebration of when we clinch a spot so that I can have visions of sugar plums dancing in my head. The week of anticipation, even if it were a 1st round exit, etc.

But playing Dallas would mean that survived our 1st round playoff game in "this" particular year.

Also, we'll always have the upper hand on Dallas as far as playoffs head to head...we beat them in 2 NFC Championships.

I thought it was 3 times we beat them in the NFC Championship

I remember way back in 1992, I had a similar thought.

Would I rather have the Skins beat San Francisco and then lose to Dallas in the NFC Championship or just take a loss now to SF and have them beat Dallas and prevent them from getting to a Super Bowl (as it turned out Dallas still came in to Candlestick and beat SF so it didn't matter).

I decided that I'd take as many playoff wins as we could get and hope for the best against Dallas because as much as I hate Dallas, I love the Skins more so I'd want to see them win as much as possible.

I think that would still be my answer. Make the playoffs (hopefully with a strong record....no 8-8 and sneak in please) perhaps win a game in round one against Tampa,Carolina or Seattle (revenge for 05) and then if we must lose in Dallas, at least hopefully we'd put up a good fight.

I love catch-22's like this.

Would I rather have Jessica Alba dump me, or never date me at all?

No brainer. Make the paloffs, at least we'll have a taste of glory.

Dude. That's not a catch-22. If Jessica Alba dumps me, that means I've been in a relationship with her. If I've been in a relationship with her, we've bumped uglies. If we've bumped uglies, I can tell my grandchildren about it. I don't care if she dumps me afterwards.

There's no catch-22.

Archived