Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why I feel the half way point is just that!

bbuzz1962

Does Portis get over 100 yards rushing against the Eagles?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Does Portis get over 100 yards rushing against the Eagles?

• Yes
    • No

Look, we are 5-3, by any definition, a very good record at the half way point. What bothers me, is that everyone seems to either throw in the towel after a loss, or is ready to put this team in the playoffs after each win.

It isn't only with the Redskins, it seems to be with every team that is doing well this year.

If history has taught us anything, it is that anything can happen from week to week, and that is why it is so important to remeber the motto, " one game at a time".

It just seems everyone is ready to pick the playoff teams, and even the home field advantage teams at the half way point, and that is just absolutely crazy!

If the Patriots were to lose Tom Brady for the season to injury, they would be finished. That's all it would take for the so called super team of all time to have a catastrophe, and probably miss the playoffs all together.

It's mid season, and just that. The entire league has another half season to go, so anything can happen between now and then.

ummm...well...good thread?

Its been said time and time again...or at least something along these lines.

The media's job is to speculate.

As fans, people who cant get enough football, we speculate with them.

Its all speculation and everyone knows anything can happen...but what the hell else are we gonna do during the week when we should be working?

the team is not improving week to week, that is my issue....not the overall record :)

if the club was producing a consistent attack and just lost some close games to top clubs like the Pats and Packers, that would be one thing.

but this team seems to have taken a giant step back after the Detroit game.

the Redskins played well against the Eagles and the Lions. it appeared as if these victories were ones the team could build on.

but the Arizona game, the Pats game, and then the Jets game in consecutive weeks have shown us a team that is far less than being of playoff caliber.

Arizona is 3-5 and the Jets are 1-8 and yet both of those games came right down to the end before the Redskins were able to win them.

We're 5-3 at the halfway point of the season. The biggest thing I am looking forward to is that Gibbs' teams usually really start to gel and play better in the 2nd half of the season.

We overcame a decimated offensive line in the 1st half to pull out 5 wins. Now the replacement parts seem to be playing better so I'm excited to see what we can produce in the next few games.

First up is the Eagles. Should we win this game we'll be 6-3 and within 1 game of 2nd place in our division - 2 games withing 1st place. And even better for those of us in the Philly region - the iggles season will be all but over.

Keep the faith - Hail to the Redskins.

We're 5-3 at the halfway point of the season. The biggest thing I am looking forward to is that Gibbs' teams usually really start to gel and play better in the 2nd half of the season.

We overcame a decimated offensive line in the 1st half to pull out 5 wins. Now the replacement parts seem to be playing better so I'm excited to see what we can produce in the next few games.

First up is the Eagles. Should we win this game we'll be 6-3 and within 1 game of 2nd place in our division - 2 games withing 1st place. And even better for those of us in the Philly region - the iggles season will be all but over.

Keep the faith - Hail to the Redskins.

No doubt! WHOOOOOT

the team is not improving week to week, that is my issue....not the overall record :)

if the club was producing a consistent attack and just lost some close games to top clubs like the Pats and Packers, that would be one thing.

but this team seems to have taken a giant step back after the Detroit game.

the Redskins played well against the Eagles and the Lions. it appeared as if these victories were ones the team could build on.

but the Arizona game, the Pats game, and then the Jets game in consecutive weeks have shown us a team that is far less than being of playoff caliber.

Arizona is 3-5 and the Jets are 1-8 and yet both of those games came right down to the end before the Redskins were able to win them.

such an authority, well buffalo almost beat dallas we beat detroit by 31, what are u saying anyway,not making sense to me miami and jets played a number of people tuff once in a while u know thats what they get paid to do

such an authority, well buffalo almost beat dallas we beat detroit by 31, what are u saying anyway,not making sense to me miami and jets played a number of people tuff once in a while u know thats what they get paid to do

I think Bulldog's focus is more on the offense then anything else. Its true that Santana Moss pretty much single-handedly cost us the Packers game, but the offense just hasn't looked the same and seems to have regressed into the Brunell mode of '04 and '06 the last three games. Was nice to see CP run for close to two bills yesterday, but some more downfield passing would be nice.....we haven't seen much the past 3 weeks.

the most important thing to be looking for right now is IMPROVEMENT in this team as we hit the halfway point :)

the Redskins don't have to be a finished product by Game 8, but we need to see MORE improvement than we have seen so far to really feel comfortable pointing to the Redskins as a playoff team.

a nice win over the Eagles where Campbell throws for 2 touchdowns and Portis is able to get 90-100 hards would be a great start in that direction :D

Archived