Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jury Awards Father $2.9M in Funeral Case - Westboro Baptist Church

Destino

If God is telling these nutbags to go protest funerals of gay soilders, how can I take what he is telling someone else seriouslly?
That's the crazy part. The soldiers weren't gay, the goofy protesters were saying their deaths was God's punishmnet for America tolerating gay people. :insane:

That's the crazy part. The soldiers weren't gay, the goofy protesters were saying their deaths was God's punishmnet for America tolerating gay people. :insane:

I think Phelps and Co. got pissed when no one paid any attention to them when they picketed funerals of gay people. Well, no one except the gays and their families, and who cares about that?

But once they picketed the funerals of our fallen heroes, well, the outrage among the public began to grow.

If they're trying to protest the government, why don't they protest on the Mall, or in front of the Capitol?

Are you really asking lunatics why they didn't make a sane decision?

Seriously, though, Predicto is spot on (as he often is). Westboro's been around for years, as I understand it. They just kept cycling through various protests until they hit on one that would get them the attention they so desperately craved.

And, you know... It's worked. Fred Phelps and Westboro are household names.

It's a little like the kid that doesn't know how to get attention in a good way, so he gets it through bad behavior, except this is a lot more twisted and evil.

The only time I've ever found myself saying, "Right on, Hannity, nail that crazy *****."

:laugh: :laugh: me too... I can't STAND sean hannity.

But I thought his question at the end was a good one... "what are your sins? do you sin?" She started sweating hard and immediately tried to change the subject

And I fear that the ACLU will step in on their behalf on appeal.

And I think people will hate the ACLU even more around here and I will have to try and defend them again.

I think you are correct.

Actually, the resolution I was hoping for was for The Reverand to get decked by some soldier's brother (or maybe a member of his unit, attending the funereal), and for the jury, when Phelps sues the slugger, to issue a ruling of "he needed sluggin".

That would be nice but much better IMO, is for someone to go "temporarily insane" and send these P.O.S'. to go meet their maker (Satan I assume).

This would prevent Predicto's scenario from having to unfold.

The only thing better than that would be for me to have the "honor" to be a jury member for the person that put these SOB's out of their misery, as there is no way in hell I would let someone get punished for providing such an honorable public service as getting rid of these sorry excuses of life forms.

It is the scum of the earth such as this effed up cult that results in bad laws getting passed.

Archived