Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

6'5 former 10th overall pick, Mike Williams waived by Oakland (merged)

@DCGoldPants

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Are you kidding me? We have the best WR corp in the NFL, you'll see this week, or at the very least the following week but just in case that doesn't workout we shouldn't rule anyone or thing out.

Maybe I am slow, but this is sarcasm, right?

Are you kidding me? We have the best WR corp in the NFL, you'll see this week, or at the very least the following week but just in case that doesn't workout we shouldn't rule anyone or thing out.

Maybe I am slow, but this is sarcasm, right?

He was waived because Thanksgiving is coming up. Traditionally Thanksgiving is where Mike Williams has been known to blow up in size. It was rumored he weighed about 245 after Thanksgiving in his rookie year. A WR who can't control his weight? Talk about a lack of dedication.

He was waived because Thanksgiving is coming up. Traditionally Thanksgiving is where Mike Williams has been known to blow up in size. It was rumored he weighed about 245 after Thanksgiving in his rookie year. A WR who can't control his weight? Talk about a lack of dedication.

You know its funny........I remember being REALLY mad when we didn't draft him and thought we would live to regret passing on this uber-talented phenom from USC. And I find myself even today enticed by the idea of giving him a look. However, I then think about the fact that two lowly franchises like Oakland and Detroit cut this guy. There HAS to be a reason.

Somehow I attribute that one year he took off to fight the NFL as the core to all his problems.

You know its funny........I remember being REALLY mad when we didn't draft him and thought we would live to regret passing on this uber-talented phenom from USC. And I find myself even today enticed by the idea of giving him a look. However, I then think about the fact that two lowly franchises like Oakland and Detroit cut this guy. There HAS to be a reason.

Somehow I attribute that one year he took off to fight the NFL as the core to all his problems.

Guest RideorDieChic

But, that was 3 years ago, if he didn't get over it after he got drafted IN the 1st round, then exactly what will help him get over it? A third chance??? Not likely...besides, it appears like he may have a string of core problems, to include unproductivity with TWO teams. Do we really want to see if the 3rd try is a charm??? Give the chump a third chance? Right.

p.s. he also doesn't sound very smart, how did he not know he wasn't eligible for the draft??? :doh:

Guest RideorDieChic

But, that was 3 years ago, if he didn't get over it after he got drafted IN the 1st round, then exactly what will help him get over it? A third chance??? Not likely...besides, it appears like he may have a string of core problems, to include unproductivity with TWO teams. Do we really want to see if the 3rd try is a charm??? Give the chump a third chance? Right.

p.s. he also doesn't sound very smart, how did he not know he wasn't eligible for the draft??? :doh:

Archived