Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to look forward..... Coles or Moss

RDSKNfaithfull

At some point we have to laugh the loss off we have put up with this for awhile now, and most have learned how to deal with losing. So looking to next week.

In 05 all of us on this board wrote off Coles and Jets fans couldn't tell us anything. Moss was the man. Now that we have cooled off from his 6 or so good games it makes you think. Who is really the better reciever?

At some point we have to laugh the loss off we have put up with this for awhile now, and most have learned how to deal with losing. So looking to next week.

In 05 all of us on this board wrote off Coles and Jets fans couldn't tell us anything. Moss was the man. Now that we have cooled off from his 6 or so good games it makes you think. Who is really the better reciever?

Coles is more consistent he shows up every game blocks and goes over the middle. He was a very good player when he was here as well. Its still a close call but its very debatable.

What Moss did in Dallas and for half the season in 05 has us all giving him a little more credit than he is due. This summer I honestly thought Moss was better than Plaxico :doh: :doh: I admit I was wrong. Moss is a flash in the pan and will give us some great plays down the road I'm sure but its time we all realize he is not as good as we thought. At one point a lot of people on here thought he was as good as Steve Smith.

Coles is more consistent he shows up every game blocks and goes over the middle. He was a very good player when he was here as well. Its still a close call but its very debatable.

What Moss did in Dallas and for half the season in 05 has us all giving him a little more credit than he is due. This summer I honestly thought Moss was better than Plaxico :doh: :doh: I admit I was wrong. Moss is a flash in the pan and will give us some great plays down the road I'm sure but its time we all realize he is not as good as we thought. At one point a lot of people on here thought he was as good as Steve Smith.

2005-07 Stat Comparison:

Coles - 40 games, 206 rec, 2416 yds, 11.7 avg, 17 tds, 5 40+ rec

Moss - 36 games, 159 rec, 2521 yds, 15.9 avg, 15 tds, 16 40+ rec - Main reason for victory over Cowboys, Giants, and Jaguars

Moss is clearly the bigger play receiver, while Coles has become more of a possession type guy. Plus, these stats include this year, where Moss hasn't done much, along with rest of offense.

Also, remember L. Coles was threatening to be a huge locker room cancer before we traded him. Gibbs won't tolerate players who won't be part of team. Therefore, it was also addition by subtraction.

2005-07 Stat Comparison:

Coles - 40 games, 206 rec, 2416 yds, 11.7 avg, 17 tds, 5 40+ rec

Moss - 36 games, 159 rec, 2521 yds, 15.9 avg, 15 tds, 16 40+ rec - Main reason for victory over Cowboys, Giants, and Jaguars

Moss is clearly the bigger play receiver, while Coles has become more of a possession type guy. Plus, these stats include this year, where Moss hasn't done much, along with rest of offense.

Also, remember L. Coles was threatening to be a huge locker room cancer before we traded him. Gibbs won't tolerate players who won't be part of team. Therefore, it was also addition by subtraction.

Archived