Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Skins Were What I Thought They Were, And So Were The Pats

88Comrade2000

Well, I initially said 49-0 Pats. 52-7, looks like I wasn't that far off the mark. The Patriots are who we thought they are. Next week against the Colts should be the Superbowl Part 1 and then the Superbowl part 2 will be the rematch in the AFC Championship game.

Today's result is what I fully expected. The Skins are what I thought they would be. This is the worst Gibbs loss since Superbowl 18. I think today's game shows how far away we are from being a real superbowl contending team.

Also, today's game also will show how we stand in the NFC EAST. The Boys have already played them at Texas Stadium and at least they had a lead before the Pats pull away. Giants and Eagles have yet to play them.

I still believe this team will remain in the hunt for that 6th playoff spot but I'm not sure this team will make it. I also believe that the NFC Sacrificial Lamb will be the NFC EAST winner: Dallas or New York.

I also believe that there shouldn't be a year 5 of Gibbs; playoffs or not. I wouldn't fire Gibbs. His first tenure earns him the right to finish his final year of his contract if he wants. I just hope he realizes that it's time for him to retire. His legacy is already set, he's in the Hall of Fame. We need a young, hungry coach; more in tune with today's game. Gibbs cleaned up the mess that Spurrier left. We are a better team than the one he inherited. We've also reached plateau that I don't think Gibbs can go beyond. I compare this to Dallas. Before Parcells, they had three 5-11 seasons. He improve them to mediocre and made the playoffs twice. He cleaned up the mess he inherited. Post Parcells, Dallas is 6-1 and when the face the Giants in 2 weeks; it will probably be for the NFC EAST crown. I've already said I think the NFC EAST winner goes to the superbowl to be the sacrifice for the Pats or Colts.

When Synder looks for Gibbs successor, hopefully after this season or after the next season; Dan better do an exhaustive search. No handing the job to anyone. I know many want Gregg Williams. If after several candidates; Gregg is the guy; then fine. Jack Kent Cooke biggest mistake was that his only candidate in 1994 was Norv Turner. If he did a search; I think he would've found a better person. Things would've turned out differently. So next winter or the one after; I expect an exhaustive search. My favorite would be Russ Grimm.

So, today's loss really hasn't bummed me out because The Skins were what I thought they were. On to the New York Jets.

Skins 24

Jets 20

One final note, I am not saying fire Gibbs. I just have come to the conclusion that under Gibbs II; the Skins aren't going to go beyond where he has gotten us to. I hope he does the honorable thing and retires after the season but if he comes back for year 5- that must be his final year. Gibbs past tenure earns him the right to decide if he wants to come back for one more year; to finish his contract. I hope he realizes he cleaned up the mess he inherited and now it's time for someone else to take us where we want to go. Where is that? To be a team that competes for the playoffs every year and remains at a Superbowl contending level for a several years like the Pats and Colts. Sorry, I don't feel Gibbs will be the coach to take us to that level.

Well, I initially said 49-0 Pats. 52-7, looks like I wasn't that far off the mark. The Patriots are who we thought they are. Next week against the Colts should be the Superbowl Part 1 and then the Superbowl part 2 will be the rematch in the AFC Championship game.

Today's result is what I fully expected. The Skins are what I thought they would be. This is the worst Gibbs loss since Superbowl 18. I think today's game shows how far away we are from being a real superbowl contending team.

Also, today's game also will show how we stand in the NFC EAST. The Boys have already played them at Texas Stadium and at least they had a lead before the Pats pull away. Giants and Eagles have yet to play them.

I still believe this team will remain in the hunt for that 6th playoff spot but I'm not sure this team will make it. I also believe that the NFC Sacrificial Lamb will be the NFC EAST winner: Dallas or New York.

I also believe that there shouldn't be a year 5 of Gibbs; playoffs or not. I wouldn't fire Gibbs. His first tenure earns him the right to finish his final year of his contract if he wants. I just hope he realizes that it's time for him to retire. His legacy is already set, he's in the Hall of Fame. We need a young, hungry coach; more in tune with today's game. Gibbs cleaned up the mess that Spurrier left. We are a better team than the one he inherited. We've also reached plateau that I don't think Gibbs can go beyond. I compare this to Dallas. Before Parcells, they had three 5-11 seasons. He improve them to mediocre and made the playoffs twice. He cleaned up the mess he inherited. Post Parcells, Dallas is 6-1 and when the face the Giants in 2 weeks; it will probably be for the NFC EAST crown. I've already said I think the NFC EAST winner goes to the superbowl to be the sacrifice for the Pats or Colts.

When Synder looks for Gibbs successor, hopefully after this season or after the next season; Dan better do an exhaustive search. No handing the job to anyone. I know many want Gregg Williams. If after several candidates; Gregg is the guy; then fine. Jack Kent Cooke biggest mistake was that his only candidate in 1994 was Norv Turner. If he did a search; I think he would've found a better person. Things would've turned out differently. So next winter or the one after; I expect an exhaustive search. My favorite would be Russ Grimm.

So, today's loss really hasn't bummed me out because The Skins were what I thought they were. On to the New York Jets.

Skins 24

Jets 20

One final note, I am not saying fire Gibbs. I just have come to the conclusion that under Gibbs II; the Skins aren't going to go beyond where he has gotten us to. I hope he does the honorable thing and retires after the season but if he comes back for year 5- that must be his final year. Gibbs past tenure earns him the right to decide if he wants to come back for one more year; to finish his contract. I hope he realizes he cleaned up the mess he inherited and now it's time for someone else to take us where we want to go. Where is that? To be a team that competes for the playoffs every year and remains at a Superbowl contending level for a several years like the Pats and Colts. Sorry, I don't feel Gibbs will be the coach to take us to that level.

i lost effin 100 bucks on this game. the patriots are who we thought we are. damn cheaters. looks like we couldnt do nothing against them, offensively and defensively. bill turned in all the tapes but memorized the gestures in his head. how can u turn in his head. take him away from the game. he cheated. u get kick out of the class. should get their rings and trophies away too like that girl who took steriods in the olympics. same shiet. cheatin is cheatin. roger goodell and bill are good friends. i have some strange feeling on this

i lost effin 100 bucks on this game. the patriots are who we thought we are. damn cheaters. looks like we couldnt do nothing against them, offensively and defensively. bill turned in all the tapes but memorized the gestures in his head. how can u turn in his head. take him away from the game. he cheated. u get kick out of the class. should get their rings and trophies away too like that girl who took steriods in the olympics. same shiet. cheatin is cheatin. roger goodell and bill are good friends. i have some strange feeling on this

Archived