Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time to Man Up

Toe Jam

There are a few things I would like to address.

I know that a lot of people here are complaining about the Patriots running up the score.

I call BS. You know damn well that if the Redskins were on the same level as the Pats and in the same position, you'd want them to score some more. Also, if you don't want to lose by 52 points, don't let the other team get into that position. As a defense in the NFL, you have to prevent that from happening. If you can't, and they score a few more points on you just because they can, then deal with it.

Stop calling for a complete rebuild of this team. Most of you knew we were going to lose this game anyway. We all hoped that the Skins' could pull out the win, but you have to realize that the Pats just proved WHY they are so good. You can't take anything way from them. Our team obviously did not play on the same level, and so the players should take that and build on it. We are now 4-3. There is a lot of season left in front of us.

If you want to blame this loss on anything other than a great performance by NE and a very poor one by the Redskins then you need your head examined. Don't blame cheating. Don't complain about the headset problems. Great teams find a way to beat down any kind of adversity no matter the situation. The Skins' just didn't bring it today and they will rebound from this.

As fans, we need to accept the fact we got beat by a better team. It was a very lopsided victory and for a good reason. We have a long way to go before we play on that level. Let's just get ready for the Jets next week. One game at time people.

I know that a lot of people here are complaining about the Patriots running up the score.

I call BS. You know damn well that if the Redskins were on the same level as the Pats and in the same position, you'd want them to score some more. Also, if you don't want to lose by 52 points, don't let the other team get into that position. As a defense in the NFL, you have to prevent that from happening. If you can't, and they score a few more points on you just because they can, then deal with it.

Stop calling for a complete rebuild of this team. Most of you knew we were going to lose this game anyway. We all hoped that the Skins' could pull out the win, but you have to realize that the Pats just proved WHY they are so good. You can't take anything way from them. Our team obviously did not play on the same level, and so the players should take that and build on it. We are now 4-3. There is a lot of season left in front of us.

If you want to blame this loss on anything other than a great performance by NE and a very poor one by the Redskins then you need your head examined. Don't blame cheating. Don't complain about the headset problems. Great teams find a way to beat down any kind of adversity no matter the situation. The Skins' just didn't bring it today and they will rebound from this.

As fans, we need to accept the fact we got beat by a better team. It was a very lopsided victory and for a good reason. We have a long way to go before we play on that level. Let's just get ready for the Jets next week. One game at time people.

Well said...

Well said...

When we were rolling in the 80's, Gibbs never used to run up the score. I remember a few times we took a knee on a final drive.

The only real ass whipping I remember handing out was in 83 when we beat the Rams something like 52 - 7 during the playoffs, and in 91 when we waxed Altanta by a similiar score, after they ran their mouths all week

I hope the COlts beat the living snot out of New England

When we were rolling in the 80's, Gibbs never used to run up the score. I remember a few times we took a knee on a final drive.

The only real ass whipping I remember handing out was in 83 when we beat the Rams something like 52 - 7 during the playoffs, and in 91 when we waxed Altanta by a similiar score, after they ran their mouths all week

That was in the 80's.

This is 2007. The NFL is not the same as it was then.

That was in the 80's.

Then why is Gibbs still coaching the same way??

I don't think he is IMHO.

I think it's a combination of things going on with this team. Players not performing the way they should is the starting point. They did not look fired up at all today.

Then why is Gibbs still coaching the same way??

I don't think he is IMHO.

I think it's a combination of things going on with this team. Players not performing the way they should is the starting point. They did not look fired up at all today.

When are you homers gonna get off JC'S nuts.I've seen no improvement since last year none!!!When you talk about developing its suppose to be by recognizing defenses{MAN,ZONE}**** like that.He doesn't even have proper mechanics long delivery,holding ball way to low,over throwing wide outs,throwing into double coverage you get the picture basic ****!!!What the hell was he working at 3 years on the bench?I guarantee collins could come in right now and be more preductive!

When are you homers gonna get off JC'S nuts.I've seen no improvement since last year none!!!When you talk about developing its suppose to be by recognizing defenses{MAN,ZONE}**** like that.He doesn't even have proper mechanics long delivery,holding ball way to low,over throwing wide outs,throwing into double coverage you get the picture basic ****!!!What the hell was he working at 3 years on the bench?I guarantee collins could come in right now and be more preductive!

There is an unwritten rule in sports about running up the score equalling a classless act, but I agree with the poster of the thread. If we don't like them scoring so much, all we have to do is stop them. We don't want their fans to run their mouths, all we have to do is beat them.

Someday, hopefully, our owner, coaching staff and players will get as sick of being treated like the doormat of the league (like the fans already are) that they will stop giving the rest of the teams a reason to disrespect us and actually start kicking some ***** or at least make the other team feel like they were in a war.

There is an unwritten rule in sports about running up the score equalling a classless act, but I agree with the poster of the thread. If we don't like them scoring so much, all we have to do is stop them. We don't want their fans to run their mouths, all we have to do is beat them.

Someday, hopefully, our owner, coaching staff and players will get as sick of being treated like the doormat of the league (like the fans already are) that they will stop giving the rest of the teams a reason to disrespect us and actually start kicking some ***** or at least make the other team feel like they were in a war.

That was in the 80's.

More brash, less class, huh?

And you think that is a good thing?

I remember the Redskins' Super Bowl year of '91. Gibbs' Redskins were beating the Lions in the first game of the season 45-0.

The Redskins could've easily won that game 66-0.

However, 2 or 3 times when the Redskins had the ball deep into the Lions' red zone in the 4th quarter, Gibbs had Rypien take a knee and turn it over on downs.

He didn't want to run up the scoreboard on them. He didn't even go for a FG to make the beating worse.

THAT is a classy, respectful and honorable coach.

Belicheck has all but 3 of those qualities. :)

That was in the 80's.

More brash, less class, huh?

And you think that is a good thing?

I remember the Redskins' Super Bowl year of '91. Gibbs' Redskins were beating the Lions in the first game of the season 45-0.

The Redskins could've easily won that game 66-0.

However, 2 or 3 times when the Redskins had the ball deep into the Lions' red zone in the 4th quarter, Gibbs had Rypien take a knee and turn it over on downs.

He didn't want to run up the scoreboard on them. He didn't even go for a FG to make the beating worse.

THAT is a classy, respectful and honorable coach.

Belicheck has all but 3 of those qualities. :)

Archived