Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Steinberg Blog: Everybody Loafs (BLloyd content)

SkinsFanOH

of course he is smiling. He gets 30 million to sit on the bench

Yeah, but that's not his fault. And to be honest, you don't get as far as Lloyd did without having a competitive fire. I don't think that he's just happy to be collecting a paycheck. Yeah, it makes it easier. But any competitor, which you have to be to get to that level, wants an opportunity. He's had every opportunity to ***** and moan, but he's kept a smile on his face, and said that he's going to do what it take to help the team. Yeah, he's sucked so far. But he's had plenty of openings to go off and he hasn't, unlike someone like Lavar. I respect that.

I dont by his story for the reason he was benched. If that were the case santana moss would have been benched for his game against green bay. If gibbs benched lloyd for loafing, it would only be fair to do the same to moss.

The only difference is that Moss tries and doesn't "loaf."

I dont by his story for the reason he was benched. If that were the case santana moss would have been benched for his game against green bay. If gibbs benched lloyd for loafing, it would only be fair to do the same to moss.

The only difference is that Moss tries and doesn't "loaf."

Thanks, Snyder. Why is it that when Snyder signs a player, they consistently don't play hard or live up to their previous hype when they put on the Skins uniform??

Didn't Snyder sign Marcus Washington, Philip Daniels, Cornelious Griffin, Clinton Portis, London Fletcher, Mike Sellers, and numerous other players that have all played well? Or does Snyder only get blamed for the bad decisions?

Thanks, Snyder. Why is it that when Snyder signs a player, they consistently don't play hard or live up to their previous hype when they put on the Skins uniform??

Didn't Snyder sign Marcus Washington, Philip Daniels, Cornelious Griffin, Clinton Portis, London Fletcher, Mike Sellers, and numerous other players that have all played well? Or does Snyder only get blamed for the bad decisions?

The problem with Lloyd is that he's pretty much lived up to the "hype" (i.e. reputation) that preceded him here.

The problem with Lloyd is that he's pretty much lived up to the "hype" (i.e. reputation) that preceded him here.

Anyone care to post it for me since my work blocks this website for some reason!!!

Here ya go

B-Lloyd: Everybody Loafs

Mister Irrelevant has expertly chronicled five D.C. sports media dust-ups of the past month, but the B-Lloyd vs. media fight appears to be ongoing. As told to WRC's Dan Hellie in a long interview that can be seen here:

"I think people come after every player, because I think the average Joe Blow on the street wants to see the demise of a professional athlete, they want to see it," Lloyd said. That's just the way America is. People watch football to see guys get hit hard. You know, you watch hockey to see a fight. That's just the way we are as human beings, that's what we want to see."

In the meantime, when I chatted with Lloyd the other day, he repeated the story of how he was told he'd been benched because he loafed after that pass was intercepted against the Dolphins. (As he told Hellie, Joe Gibbs came up to him before a practice and said, "You're just not gonna play very much after doing something like that.")

But I asked Lloyd the natural question: why he seemed to give up on that play.

"I mean, that's what I was telling Dan, I was shocked and embarrassed," he explained. "I was shocked that the ball was thrown, and I was embarrassed that I couldn't catch it, that the guy timed his jump better and intercepted it. So I was kind of sitting there like, 'What the...." Right when I snapped out of it, he ran out of bounds. And so for Coach Gibbs to say, 'You're being demoted because you didn't run after the guy with the ball,' I was like, 'Ok.' Because that's what happened. I can't argue that. I was just trying to figure out what I can do from here on to get back in a position where I'm playing more, and the answer is just, 'Continue to work hard.' So that's what I'm doing, and I'm staying where I am. Working hard, everybody works hard. Nobody doesn't work hard. So I just continue going about it how I've been going about it."

Later, I suggested that there must be a reason he continues not to play all that much despite his massive contract.

"Yeah, and I gave you the reason, what I was told was the reason," Lloyd said. "That was the reason. Because I didn't run after the guy after the interception."

One play in one game?

"Ok," he said. "So why is everybody riding me? I said what the truth is. Ask the people who are making these decisions. That was one play, a long time ago. Everybody has a loaf play. Everybody. We all do that, and we all always are gonna do that. It's just the nature of the game. You're always gonna have that one play. Nobody's always hustling every play. It's just, ask the questions to the people that are making decisions."

Now virtually all of you are thinking either "stop writing about this guy, right now" or "lemme find something else to read during my lunch break" or "how are you going to defend this one, Bog? How will you still maintain what D.C. Optimist has brilliantly labeled "B-Lloyalty?"

Well, here's how: there's just a layer of bizarre honesty in something like this that is appealing. Because I ask myself: have I ever had the journalistic equivalent of a loaf play? Try about 400. I posted three short items on Tuesday. I've fallen asleep in my car in the middle of the work day. I spend at least an hour on the clock thinking about fantasy football every week. So do you, probably. We just don't have thousands of fans and dozens of writers there to call us on that. I'm sure Lloyd has lied to my face about various things--just like Gilbert Arenas occasionally tells utter falsehoods--but those guys also refuse to make any bones about something like this: that everybody (or nearly everybody, anyhow) sometimes loafs. Maybe we loafers don't belong in the NFL, I guess.

I told Lloyd he reminded me of Gilbert in some ways; "he's a little weird, isn't he?" Lloyd asked. "I'm not weird, I'm normal." Which is exactly what Gilbert would have said. Also, Lloyd plays Rainbow Six: Vegas online against random kids he meets.

Anyhow, let's go back to his media criticism.

"I don't agree, I don't agree," Lloyd said of media coverage. "If I was a local writer for a team, I'd be focusing on--partly because I play football--I'd be focusing on things the teams can do to get better. I wouldn't go for so much sleaze, I wouldn't go for that, I'd pick more of the positive things out of the team, the things that a team can do better. Because the things you guys get to do is you guys get to say whatever you want to say, guys get to write whatever they want to write, and nobody comes back and says, 'Hey, you just said we were gonna be 0-6 at this time, at the beginning of the year you said we were gonna be 0-6.' Nobody goes back and corrects those guys."

And to me, much the same; he brought up the Junkies' re-telling of a Kelli Johnson story that implied Lloyd didn't join a receivers work-out organized by Keenan McCardell.

"I mean, I've never really been a fan of sleaze," he said. "It's not that I don't appreciate it, it's that I don't acknowledge it. It's not real. The made-up stories, on the Junkies they were saying Keenan McCardell had a group of guys and I didn't go. Get out of here. Where does she get that from? I never heard of an anonymous source. Like, you can count that? That counts? People not being man enough to say what they feel? I don't see how that counts."

Seriously, if media criticism happens in threes, and if we've had Etan and Lloyd already this week, any bets on who's next? Karl Hobbs maybe?

Anyone care to post it for me since my work blocks this website for some reason!!!

Here ya go

B-Lloyd: Everybody Loafs

Mister Irrelevant has expertly chronicled five D.C. sports media dust-ups of the past month, but the B-Lloyd vs. media fight appears to be ongoing. As told to WRC's Dan Hellie in a long interview that can be seen here:

"I think people come after every player, because I think the average Joe Blow on the street wants to see the demise of a professional athlete, they want to see it," Lloyd said. That's just the way America is. People watch football to see guys get hit hard. You know, you watch hockey to see a fight. That's just the way we are as human beings, that's what we want to see."

In the meantime, when I chatted with Lloyd the other day, he repeated the story of how he was told he'd been benched because he loafed after that pass was intercepted against the Dolphins. (As he told Hellie, Joe Gibbs came up to him before a practice and said, "You're just not gonna play very much after doing something like that.")

But I asked Lloyd the natural question: why he seemed to give up on that play.

"I mean, that's what I was telling Dan, I was shocked and embarrassed," he explained. "I was shocked that the ball was thrown, and I was embarrassed that I couldn't catch it, that the guy timed his jump better and intercepted it. So I was kind of sitting there like, 'What the...." Right when I snapped out of it, he ran out of bounds. And so for Coach Gibbs to say, 'You're being demoted because you didn't run after the guy with the ball,' I was like, 'Ok.' Because that's what happened. I can't argue that. I was just trying to figure out what I can do from here on to get back in a position where I'm playing more, and the answer is just, 'Continue to work hard.' So that's what I'm doing, and I'm staying where I am. Working hard, everybody works hard. Nobody doesn't work hard. So I just continue going about it how I've been going about it."

Later, I suggested that there must be a reason he continues not to play all that much despite his massive contract.

"Yeah, and I gave you the reason, what I was told was the reason," Lloyd said. "That was the reason. Because I didn't run after the guy after the interception."

One play in one game?

"Ok," he said. "So why is everybody riding me? I said what the truth is. Ask the people who are making these decisions. That was one play, a long time ago. Everybody has a loaf play. Everybody. We all do that, and we all always are gonna do that. It's just the nature of the game. You're always gonna have that one play. Nobody's always hustling every play. It's just, ask the questions to the people that are making decisions."

Now virtually all of you are thinking either "stop writing about this guy, right now" or "lemme find something else to read during my lunch break" or "how are you going to defend this one, Bog? How will you still maintain what D.C. Optimist has brilliantly labeled "B-Lloyalty?"

Well, here's how: there's just a layer of bizarre honesty in something like this that is appealing. Because I ask myself: have I ever had the journalistic equivalent of a loaf play? Try about 400. I posted three short items on Tuesday. I've fallen asleep in my car in the middle of the work day. I spend at least an hour on the clock thinking about fantasy football every week. So do you, probably. We just don't have thousands of fans and dozens of writers there to call us on that. I'm sure Lloyd has lied to my face about various things--just like Gilbert Arenas occasionally tells utter falsehoods--but those guys also refuse to make any bones about something like this: that everybody (or nearly everybody, anyhow) sometimes loafs. Maybe we loafers don't belong in the NFL, I guess.

I told Lloyd he reminded me of Gilbert in some ways; "he's a little weird, isn't he?" Lloyd asked. "I'm not weird, I'm normal." Which is exactly what Gilbert would have said. Also, Lloyd plays Rainbow Six: Vegas online against random kids he meets.

Anyhow, let's go back to his media criticism.

"I don't agree, I don't agree," Lloyd said of media coverage. "If I was a local writer for a team, I'd be focusing on--partly because I play football--I'd be focusing on things the teams can do to get better. I wouldn't go for so much sleaze, I wouldn't go for that, I'd pick more of the positive things out of the team, the things that a team can do better. Because the things you guys get to do is you guys get to say whatever you want to say, guys get to write whatever they want to write, and nobody comes back and says, 'Hey, you just said we were gonna be 0-6 at this time, at the beginning of the year you said we were gonna be 0-6.' Nobody goes back and corrects those guys."

And to me, much the same; he brought up the Junkies' re-telling of a Kelli Johnson story that implied Lloyd didn't join a receivers work-out organized by Keenan McCardell.

"I mean, I've never really been a fan of sleaze," he said. "It's not that I don't appreciate it, it's that I don't acknowledge it. It's not real. The made-up stories, on the Junkies they were saying Keenan McCardell had a group of guys and I didn't go. Get out of here. Where does she get that from? I never heard of an anonymous source. Like, you can count that? That counts? People not being man enough to say what they feel? I don't see how that counts."

Seriously, if media criticism happens in threes, and if we've had Etan and Lloyd already this week, any bets on who's next? Karl Hobbs maybe?

Does it matter? We dont even (effectively) use the WRs we signed to "replace" him. Are they "loafing" as well?

The guy is talented and should be a part of this offense. He seems at least a little remorseful. And he did really lay it out for the overthrown ball against the Pack. I say give him one more chance.

Does it matter? We dont even (effectively) use the WRs we signed to "replace" him. Are they "loafing" as well?

The guy is talented and should be a part of this offense. He seems at least a little remorseful. And he did really lay it out for the overthrown ball against the Pack. I say give him one more chance.

Archived