Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The best time ever to be a skins fan.

akorn22

I know it's improbable. I know it's heavily against the odds but if the Redskins can somehow, someway find a way to pull off a win on sunday, just think of how great it will be to be a redskins fan for the next week. There are a lot of people on this board, including me, that were not old enough to appreciate the superbowl days. However a win on sunday may just be the single greatest moment of our time to be a redskins fan. Just think of what the week would be like.

FIrst off, we'd be 5-2. THe skins would jump to spot 3 or 4 in all power rankings. The redskins would have accomplished a feat that no other team in the league could do. The media would regard us as one fo the best. We'd get to watch our team beat the pats all week on espn. As fans, we'd be gods. We'd be untouchable to all other fans. No other fans, even pats fans, would have anything bad to say about us for at least another week. No matter what city we live in, we'd be able to walk around proudly wearing our redskins jerseys and nobody will be able to make a bad comment or laugh at us. We could call all our friends and laugh at how our team is better then theirs. It would be a euphoric week if the skins pull it out.

I know it's improbable. But i love to think about the "what if's". As a skins fan i have seen only 2 playoff appearances, 2 playoff wins, and 2 playoff losses. But a win this sunday against the pats (if it somehow happens) may just top it all as being the best time ever for me.

I know it's improbable. I know it's heavily against the odds but if the Redskins can somehow, someway find a way to pull off a win on sunday, just think of how great it will be to be a redskins fan for the next week. There are a lot of people on this board, including me, that were not old enough to appreciate the superbowl days. However a win on sunday may just be the single greatest moment of our time to be a redskins fan. Just think of what the week would be like.

FIrst off, we'd be 5-2. THe skins would jump to spot 3 or 4 in all power rankings. The redskins would have accomplished a feat that no other team in the league could do. The media would regard us as one fo the best. We'd get to watch our team beat the pats all week on espn. As fans, we'd be gods. We'd be untouchable to all other fans. No other fans, even pats fans, would have anything bad to say about us for at least another week. No matter what city we live in, we'd be able to walk around proudly wearing our redskins jerseys and nobody will be able to make a bad comment or laugh at us. We could call all our friends and laugh at how our team is better then theirs. It would be a euphoric week if the skins pull it out.

I know it's improbable. But i love to think about the "what if's". As a skins fan i have seen only 2 playoff appearances, 2 playoff wins, and 2 playoff losses. But a win this sunday against the pats (if it somehow happens) may just top it all as being the best time ever for me.

Who cares about power rankings. You think that matters. You think beating the Pats would guarentee us a win even against the Jets the next week? It'd be great, sure, but won't guarentee us anything.

Who cares about power rankings. You think that matters. You think beating the Pats would guarentee us a win even against the Jets the next week? It'd be great, sure, but won't guarentee us anything.

Great thought. I know what you mean about not knowing what it feels like to be on top of the world as a fan. Everyone at school always gives me crap for wearing my skins gear, and rightfully so. But this week, we could finally feel on top of the sports world by beating the best in the NFL.

You will know some day.

I know I will never forget driving home from my girlfriend's dorm at the time, listening to the J Geils "Love Stinks" cassette I believe:) after the Miami game, and getting about three blocks.

From that point for the next hour every car was frozen solid on all sides by thousands of bodies. People waving Redskins banners in front of your windshield, inside your car, high fiving total and complete strangers

No one could move, so we just got out of the cars and joined the celebration.

I have to go cry now.

Great thought. I know what you mean about not knowing what it feels like to be on top of the world as a fan. Everyone at school always gives me crap for wearing my skins gear, and rightfully so. But this week, we could finally feel on top of the sports world by beating the best in the NFL.

You will know some day.

I know I will never forget driving home from my girlfriend's dorm at the time, listening to the J Geils "Love Stinks" cassette I believe:) after the Miami game, and getting about three blocks.

From that point for the next hour every car was frozen solid on all sides by thousands of bodies. People waving Redskins banners in front of your windshield, inside your car, high fiving total and complete strangers

No one could move, so we just got out of the cars and joined the celebration.

I have to go cry now.

The Monday Night Miracle would be hard for ANY regular season game to match.

But should we pull this upset, I would just assume that New England run the table and win the SB if we don't...they would go down as one of the best ever with an 18-1 record...

Just like Miami fans always have that one win over the 85' Bears...we'd have that one win over the 2007 Patriots...that would be pretty sweet!!!

But as far as Regular season wins...the Monday Night Miracle may never be topped.

But should we pull this upset, I would just assume that New England run the table and win the SB if we don't...they would go down as one of the best ever with an 18-1 record...

Just like Miami fans always have that one win over the 85' Bears...we'd have that one win over the 2007 Patriots...that would be pretty sweet!!!

But as far as Regular season wins...the Monday Night Miracle may never be topped.

The "Monday Night Miracle"...is this in reference to the 2 TD's bombs from Brunell to Moss to beat the Cowpukes in less than 2 minutes?

The "Monday Night Miracle"...is this in reference to the 2 TD's bombs from Brunell to Moss to beat the Cowpukes in less than 2 minutes?

Archived