Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

3 excellent Military quotes

Spaceman Spiff

Truman Burbank, a favorite movie character of mine.

By the way, I'm not a Republican, just a patriotic American :) . I'll most likely vote for Mark Warner when he runs to replace John Warner's senate seat.

Thanks. :cheers: Was just curious. I'm glad to hear that you are not a Republican, but a patriotic American. Most patriotic Americans recognize that being Republican and Patriotic are incongruous ;)

Truman Burbank, a favorite movie character of mine.

By the way, I'm not a Republican, just a patriotic American :) . I'll most likely vote for Mark Warner when he runs to replace John Warner's senate seat.

Thanks. :cheers: Was just curious. I'm glad to hear that you are not a Republican, but a patriotic American. Most patriotic Americans recognize that being Republican and Patriotic are incongruous ;)

Was the silence on the first question because people were thinking 'He didnt answer the question?'....

As for the last and the usual BS about saving France from Germany blah blah...if memory serves me well, in 1940 the only soldiers in the field fighting Germany in the west were British Expeditionary Force (like my dad!) and FRENCH troops. We managed to get the hell out just in time or our ass was grass too. The French were left completely stranded (as indeed the Poles in the east). Maybe if 'other countries' had been there then we wouldnt have been faced with the hell of Normandy 4 years later.

Was the silence on the first question because people were thinking 'He didnt answer the question?'....

As for the last and the usual BS about saving France from Germany blah blah...if memory serves me well, in 1940 the only soldiers in the field fighting Germany in the west were British Expeditionary Force (like my dad!) and FRENCH troops. We managed to get the hell out just in time or our ass was grass too. The French were left completely stranded (as indeed the Poles in the east). Maybe if 'other countries' had been there then we wouldnt have been faced with the hell of Normandy 4 years later.

From an email fwd.

When in England at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by

the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example

of empire building' by George Bush.He answered by saying, "Over the

years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women

into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only

amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those

that did not return."

It became very quiet in the room.

I wonder how that quote would go over with Indians?

From an email fwd.

When in England at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by

the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example

of empire building' by George Bush.He answered by saying, "Over the

years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men and women

into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only

amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to bury those

that did not return."

It became very quiet in the room.

Personally, one of my all time favorite military quotes was...

..."Nuts!"

ah a good one at that. my personal WWII favorite is by General Patton, "I would rather have 3 German divisions in front of me than a French one behind."
All three quotes are interesting in that an America Hater just decides to stick his nose out as far as he can asking for it, and then gets it.

The carrier one is really good though.

The language one is actually more about WWI than WWII. It would have to say that France would be speaking Russian, not German, if it were about WWII.

thats interesting, could you justify that last bit right there for me?

Personally, one of my all time favorite military quotes was...

..."Nuts!"

ah a good one at that. my personal WWII favorite is by General Patton, "I would rather have 3 German divisions in front of me than a French one behind."
All three quotes are interesting in that an America Hater just decides to stick his nose out as far as he can asking for it, and then gets it.

The language one is actually more about WWI than WWII. It would have to say that France would be speaking Russian, not German, if it were about WWII.

thats interesting, could you justify that last bit right there for me?

I thought the russians were on our side then?

I remember the germans making a grave mistake that costed them the war when they marched into russia during winter.

I thought the russians were on our side then?

I remember the germans making a grave mistake that costed them the war when they marched into russia during winter.

IHOP,

How one defines patriotism is complex enough to deserve its own thread, but I will tell you this in all sincerity. In my definition of patriotism, political party is not a component. The label you choose for yourself has zero influence on whether you are patriotic or not. I have met too many people on both sides of the aisle who love their country and too many people who use the label of their party for self-advantage at the expense of the country. Being a Republican in itself tells me nothing about your passion, your love, or your sense of duty towards the United States of America. Calling yourself a Democrat is similarly meaningless.

but more than that, see the little wink... it was a joke.

IHOP,

How one defines patriotism is complex enough to deserve its own thread, but I will tell you this in all sincerity. In my definition of patriotism, political party is not a component. The label you choose for yourself has zero influence on whether you are patriotic or not. I have met too many people on both sides of the aisle who love their country and too many people who use the label of their party for self-advantage at the expense of the country. Being a Republican in itself tells me nothing about your passion, your love, or your sense of duty towards the United States of America. Calling yourself a Democrat is similarly meaningless.

but more than that, see the little wink... it was a joke.

The American Indians got what they deserved, for failing to stand up and continue to push the white man back into the Atlantic Ocean in the 1600's like they had in earlier centuries. The threw the Vikings and every other European interloper back into the sea until the Pilgrims landed in Plymouth. As soon as those Europeans were allowed to gain a foothold and the tribes refused to band together to fight their common enemy, the White Man, they were doomed. Just like the Irish and Scotish peoples had been against the English and just like we are currently being overrun by foreigners currently.

The American Indians got what they deserved, for failing to stand up and continue to push the white man back into the Atlantic Ocean in the 1600's like they had in earlier centuries. The threw the Vikings and every other European interloper back into the sea until the Pilgrims landed in Plymouth. As soon as those Europeans were allowed to gain a foothold and the tribes refused to band together to fight their common enemy, the White Man, they were doomed. Just like the Irish and Scotish peoples had been against the English and just like we are currently being overrun by foreigners currently.

Archived