Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One thing we might be overlooking about NE

TGI Jef

over the past week, a lot of folks (incl. myslef) have talked about various aspects of the game, including:

-a personal foul early in the game

-scoring first

-letting our D on the field first to try and get in their head

and I feel it must be said -

the new england patriots' biggest strength - bigger than their offense, defense, coaching, special teams - is the fact that they do NOT get rattled.

those tactics and ideas might be applicable to other teams, but this new england team has won 3 super bowls. you dont win 3 super bowls by letting a personal foul get to you. you dont win 3 super bowls by getting down over a 3 and out.

i think the redskins can win this game because of some of the individual matchups (ne not having watson and not having a 100% seymour helps too), but they have to play it like any other game - they have to win it with big plays in all 3 aspects of the game. these "tactics" simply will be ineffective

tgijef

over the past week, a lot of folks (incl. myslef) have talked about various aspects of the game, including:

-a personal foul early in the game

-scoring first

-letting our D on the field first to try and get in their head

and I feel it must be said -

the new england patriots' biggest strength - bigger than their offense, defense, coaching, special teams - is the fact that they do NOT get rattled.

those tactics and ideas might be applicable to other teams, but this new england team has won 3 super bowls. you dont win 3 super bowls by letting a personal foul get to you. you dont win 3 super bowls by getting down over a 3 and out.

i think the redskins can win this game because of some of the individual matchups (ne not having watson and not having a 100% seymour helps too), but they have to play it like any other game - they have to win it with big plays in all 3 aspects of the game. these "tactics" simply will be ineffective

tgijef

I agree, trying to rattle them probably won't work. But NE wins all of their games because they stun their opponents. Even when a team gets ahead of them, like the Cowboys, they just start producing and all of their opponents roll over. The key to beating them is to play 4 full quarters of going for the kill. Even in the final minutes, a team has to play like this is the super bowl to pull off a victory. It can be done.

I agree, trying to rattle them probably won't work. But NE wins all of their games because they stun their opponents. Even when a team gets ahead of them, like the Cowboys, they just start producing and all of their opponents roll over. The key to beating them is to play 4 full quarters of going for the kill. Even in the final minutes, a team has to play like this is the super bowl to pull off a victory. It can be done.

The pats are bullies and what you do to bullies? Punch them in the nose first. They have not been hit like they are going to be hit on Sunday
I could not agree more, everyone needs to hit, hit, and hit some more on Sunday to let them know we are the most physical team in the NFL. Taylor and Landry need to lay recievers out who cross the middle and we must get to Brady and put him on his back a few times. Brady is as close to god like as you can get this year but he can be rattled if you hit him.

The pats are bullies and what you do to bullies? Punch them in the nose first. They have not been hit like they are going to be hit on Sunday
I could not agree more, everyone needs to hit, hit, and hit some more on Sunday to let them know we are the most physical team in the NFL. Taylor and Landry need to lay recievers out who cross the middle and we must get to Brady and put him on his back a few times. Brady is as close to god like as you can get this year but he can be rattled if you hit him.

i know we have the hitters, but the patriots will take hits and get back up and play football the same way

of course, hits can cause fumbles and our hitters are also fast in coverage, but we are playing a football team with a short memory. they wont let one bad play carry over to the next. that being said, like i wrote in an earlier post - i think we have the matchups to keep ourselves close and maybe pull this game off at the end

tgijef

i know we have the hitters, but the patriots will take hits and get back up and play football the same way

of course, hits can cause fumbles and our hitters are also fast in coverage, but we are playing a football team with a short memory. they wont let one bad play carry over to the next. that being said, like i wrote in an earlier post - i think we have the matchups to keep ourselves close and maybe pull this game off at the end

tgijef

Archived