Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Question regarding RT's Tricep injury

rm8899

anyone on here have such an injury before? to me it seems like any type of workout even lower body would hurt like hell to perform. and since nearly ever upper body coniditioning somehow involves the triceps my question is how would you go about conditioning with such an injury. would running/biking hurt? would moving that arm at all hurt? i wonder what type of condition he'll be in come time.

HTTR

anyone on here have such an injury before? to me it seems like any type of workout even lower body would hurt like hell to perform. and since nearly ever upper body coniditioning somehow involves the triceps my question is how would you go about conditioning with such an injury. would running/biking hurt? would moving that arm at all hurt? i wonder what type of condition he'll be in come time.

HTTR

HTTR

Surgery was involved ......and it must hurt ALOT

HTTR

Surgery was involved ......and it must hurt ALOT

No, I haven't but I think it's considered to be a fairly significant injury. We do have to wonder just how effective Randy will be if he comes back, but at the same time, perhaps having a Randy Thomas at 50% is better than Fabini at full strength.

I guess it also depends on our record at the time and we also have to consider the possibility of him aggravating it again and possibly effect his chances of playing next season.

No, I haven't but I think it's considered to be a fairly significant injury. We do have to wonder just how effective Randy will be if he comes back, but at the same time, perhaps having a Randy Thomas at 50% is better than Fabini at full strength.

I guess it also depends on our record at the time and we also have to consider the possibility of him aggravating it again and possibly effect his chances of playing next season.

As soon as the cast comes off... which will be soon.... Randy can began his rehab immediately. He'll have to rebuild the muscle (strengthening, stretching).... probably starting off with some isometric exercises (probably for a week or so) and proprioceptive exercises... and gradually building to isotonic exercises.

Conditioning has nothing to do with this injury.... I'd imagine he's doing some cardiovascular work on the side to be game-ready.

The muscle is going to be weak.... at first -- since it atrophies due to immobilization. But you'd be surprised at how quickly a muscle will adapt (a week).

Will it hurt? Yes, if he overdoes himself. Not from movement or the incision. However, I'm pretty sure the trainers will be giving him exercises that he'll be working within a pain-free range -- otherwise, he'd reinjure himself.

As soon as the cast comes off... which will be soon.... Randy can began his rehab immediately. He'll have to rebuild the muscle (strengthening, stretching).... probably starting off with some isometric exercises (probably for a week or so) and proprioceptive exercises... and gradually building to isotonic exercises.

Conditioning has nothing to do with this injury.... I'd imagine he's doing some cardiovascular work on the side to be game-ready.

The muscle is going to be weak.... at first -- since it atrophies due to immobilization. But you'd be surprised at how quickly a muscle will adapt (a week).

Will it hurt? Yes, if he overdoes himself. Not from movement or the incision. However, I'm pretty sure the trainers will be giving him exercises that he'll be working within a pain-free range -- otherwise, he'd reinjure himself.

Archived