Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patriots overrated? only beat one team with winning record.

playboy1972

the critics said the same thing about the 1991 Redskins when we won 45-0 against Detroit and 23-0 against Philly in the first few weeks :laugh:

New England and Indy are SEVERAL levels above everyone else in the NFL at this point, and no amount of wishing is going to change that.

These teams draft well and when they go out and sign free agents or make a trade it usually nets them an EXCELLENT player at REASONABLE cost.

What did they give up for Randy Moss? A #4 pick.......... :D

Meanwhile the Redskins gave up #3 AND #4 picks for Brandon Lloyd, who has 24 catches in the past 2 years :mad:

the critics said the same thing about the 1991 Redskins when we won 45-0 against Detroit and 23-0 against Philly in the first few weeks :laugh:

New England and Indy are SEVERAL levels above everyone else in the NFL at this point, and no amount of wishing is going to change that.

These teams draft well and when they go out and sign free agents or make a trade it usually nets them an EXCELLENT player at REASONABLE cost.

Meanwhile the Redskins gave up #3 AND #4 picks for Brandon Lloyd, who has 24 catches in the past 2 years :mad:

They haven't beaten anyone . . .

. . . they have DESTROYED everything in their path!

Exactly. I'm sorry, but this team is not over-rated. They really are that good...now am I saying we shouldnt show up? Absolutley not, we are all still professionals, and I'm doing one hellava job convincing myself that the Redskins are going to win, but if we win, I'll feel like we did the impossible...If the pats were 7-0 and winning games 20-10, 21-17, 31-27 than I'd say...sure there are some serious flaws there.....but when they are absolutley making games a complete joke before the half, they really are that good.

Anytime anyone brings up the mercy rule in pro sports (which never should come up, because it is PRO SPORTS)....you know you have a damn good team.

Even last year against the Colts, I just went into the same mentality I go into every Skins' game with....but this Patriots team is something really special, and its going to take a hellava effort on our part...but I think we have the guys where you never really know.

They haven't beaten anyone . . .

. . . they have DESTROYED everything in their path!

Exactly. I'm sorry, but this team is not over-rated. They really are that good...now am I saying we shouldnt show up? Absolutley not, we are all still professionals, and I'm doing one hellava job convincing myself that the Redskins are going to win, but if we win, I'll feel like we did the impossible...If the pats were 7-0 and winning games 20-10, 21-17, 31-27 than I'd say...sure there are some serious flaws there.....but when they are absolutley making games a complete joke before the half, they really are that good.

Anytime anyone brings up the mercy rule in pro sports (which never should come up, because it is PRO SPORTS)....you know you have a damn good team.

Even last year against the Colts, I just went into the same mentality I go into every Skins' game with....but this Patriots team is something really special, and its going to take a hellava effort on our part...but I think we have the guys where you never really know.

Offensively we have to show up this week.Run the ball down hill against pats ,forget about sweeps,need to pound there defense,tire them out,old redskin football will beat the patriots,Man i wish we had riggins now.Betts is the guy to beat patriots,need ball control time of possesion.

Offensively we have to show up this week.Run the ball down hill against pats ,forget about sweeps,need to pound there defense,tire them out,old redskin football will beat the patriots,Man i wish we had riggins now.Betts is the guy to beat patriots,need ball control time of possesion.

Bulldog I normally agree with you 100%, but I think it all starts at QB. You get a Tom Brady or a Peyton Manning and that affords you great luxuries. Suddenly your team can be average but is constantly in the thick of the playoffs. Suddenly guys are cheaper for your squad. Suddenly guys want to re-sign with your team.

I think we have a little of that in Campbell. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll realize it under Gibbs though.

Bulldog I normally agree with you 100%, but I think it all starts at QB. You get a Tom Brady or a Peyton Manning and that affords you great luxuries. Suddenly your team can be average but is constantly in the thick of the playoffs. Suddenly guys are cheaper for your squad. Suddenly guys want to re-sign with your team.

I think we have a little of that in Campbell. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll realize it under Gibbs though.

Archived