Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patriots overrated? only beat one team with winning record.

playboy1972

I have no doubt that the defense will come to play. It is the offense that scares me. If the Pats had been squeaking out wins or winning by say 10 points a game, maybe we could talk about opponents' strength. Seven games into an NFL season and they're unbeaten and their SMALLEST margin of victory is 17. No matter how you look at that, that's impressive.

I have no doubt that the defense will come to play. It is the offense that scares me. If the Pats had been squeaking out wins or winning by say 10 points a game, maybe we could talk about opponents' strength. Seven games into an NFL season and they're unbeaten and their SMALLEST margin of victory is 17. No matter how you look at that, that's impressive.

What's been so impressive is the way they've dominated teams, regardless of their record. This team is over-hyped, but not over-rated.

Outside of the fact that the Pats are 7-0, this week's game doesn't need all the hype it's getting here on ES. The are much more important games for determining this season's outcome for the Redskins. I want the 'Skins to pull off a shocker too, but the truth is a loss to an AFC opponent doesn't have great playoff implications. As long the Pats don't totally demoralize us, there's not that great of harm that can come from a loss. With the Redskins injury problems at this point, I'm actually glad we're not playing an NFC playoff contender.

Here's to keeping this game in perspective. :cheers:

What's been so impressive is the way they've dominated teams, regardless of their record. This team is over-hyped, but not over-rated.

Outside of the fact that the Pats are 7-0, this week's game doesn't need all the hype it's getting here on ES. The are much more important games for determining this season's outcome for the Redskins. I want the 'Skins to pull off a shocker too, but the truth is a loss to an AFC opponent doesn't have great playoff implications. As long the Pats don't totally demoralize us, there's not that great of harm that can come from a loss. With the Redskins injury problems at this point, I'm actually glad we're not playing an NFC playoff contender.

Here's to keeping this game in perspective. :cheers:

Archived