Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where are all the hurricanes?

E-Dog Night

Speaking of the lack of rain, what the hell happened to the "above average" hurricane season that we were supposed to get? Never thought I'd find myself wishing for a hurricane to strike, but with this drought, it actually feels like I'd welcome one.

There have been...what...2 hurricanes this season?

I blame Johnny Punani. :mad:

Speaking of the lack of rain, what the hell happened to the "above average" hurricane season that we were supposed to get? Never thought I'd find myself wishing for a hurricane to strike, but with this drought, it actually feels like I'd welcome one.

There have been...what...2 hurricanes this season?

I blame Johnny Punani. :mad:

You people have no idea what you are talking about, none:

The 2007 Atlantic hurricane season is an ongoing event in the annual cycle of tropical cyclone formation. It officially started June 1, 2007, and will last until November 30, 2007, dates that conventionally delimit the period when most tropical cyclones form in the Atlantic basin during the year. However, the formation of Subtropical Storm Andrea on May 9, 2007 marked an earlier beginning to the season. On August 20 Hurricane Dean was upgraded to category 5 status and made landfall at that strength on the Mexican Yucatán Peninsula. When Hurricane Felix reached category 5 status, 2007 became one of four recorded Atlantic seasons that have had more than one category 5 storm; the others being 1960, 1961 and 2005, and the only time two Atlantic hurricanes have ever made landfall at Category 5 strength in the same season. September had a record tying 8 storms but the strengths and durations of the storms were low. Hurricane Humberto became the first hurricane to make landfall in the U.S. since Hurricane Wilma in 2005. Hurricane Humberto also became the fastest developing storm on record to be so close to land. It strengthened from a 35 mph (55 km/h) tropical depression to an 85 mph (135 km/h) hurricane in 14 hours while 15 miles (24 km) off the coast of Texas.

Just because they didn't hit the US, doesnt mean the predictions were not entirely accurate. This was a very active season, and set numerous records.

I would bold all the important stuff, but i dont know how to.

The 2007 Atlantic hurricane season is an ongoing event in the annual cycle of tropical cyclone formation. It officially started June 1, 2007, and will last until November 30, 2007, dates that conventionally delimit the period when most tropical cyclones form in the Atlantic basin during the year. However, the formation of Subtropical Storm Andrea on May 9, 2007 marked an earlier beginning to the season. On August 20 Hurricane Dean was upgraded to category 5 status and made landfall at that strength on the Mexican Yucatán Peninsula. When Hurricane Felix reached category 5 status, 2007 became one of four recorded Atlantic seasons that have had more than one category 5 storm; the others being 1960, 1961 and 2005, and the only time two Atlantic hurricanes have ever made landfall at Category 5 strength in the same season. September had a record tying 8 storms but the strengths and durations of the storms were low. Hurricane Humberto became the first hurricane to make landfall in the U.S. since Hurricane Wilma in 2005. Hurricane Humberto also became the fastest developing storm on record to be so close to land. It strengthened from a 35 mph (55 km/h) tropical depression to an 85 mph (135 km/h) hurricane in 14 hours while 15 miles (24 km) off the coast of Texas.

Just because they didn't hit the US, doesnt mean the predictions were not entirely accurate. This was a very active season, and set numerous records.

I did not know that. Thanks. And to bold something, highlight it and press the B in the upper left hand corner.

I did not know that. Thanks. And to bold something, highlight it and press the B in the upper left hand corner.

robot.jpg

"MUST...MAKE...MORONIC...POLITICAL...COMMENT...ABOUT...EVERYTHING"

Seriously, is that caption you speaking about hurricane season?

You have no facts and no knowledge of the season, yet you want to make a moronic political comment that there wasnt an active hurricane season?

sorry, that was a little rough. But hurricanes have really affected my life and as someone who went through katrina, its obvious to me that they should not be joked about. :)

robot.jpg

"MUST...MAKE...MORONIC...POLITICAL...COMMENT...ABOUT...EVERYTHING"

You have no facts and no knowledge of the season, yet you want to make a moronic political comment that there wasnt an active hurricane season?

sorry, that was a little rough. But hurricanes have really affected my life and as someone who went through katrina, its obvious to me that they should not be joked about. :)

Nah, I suspect he was making fun of hokie4skin. It's really not needed though - no one takes him seriously anyways.

:silly:

Nah, I suspect he was making fun of hokie4skin. It's really not needed though - no one takes him seriously anyways.

:silly:

Archived