Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Last time I checked the Redskins were still a part of the NFC East, right?

NoCalMike

Excuse this mini-rant, but did anyone catch the half time show tonight on MNF, when they did game highlights by division, and they came to the NFC East and covered every game except the Skins/Cards.....I mean, is the Bears/Philly game really more important to showcase?

Maybe because the Skins/Cards game was a joke? What good highlights would come out of a 1-armed QB against a team that put up 160 yards? I'm glad they skipped over it.

It was an ugly game and we got lucky. If they would have made that field goal, we would have lost and went into NE this sunday as a 3-3 team.

I'm happy we won but it's time to move on and get ready for a "nothing to lose" game against the undefeated Patriots! :helmet:

Maybe because the Skins/Cards game was a joke? What good highlights would come out of a 1-armed QB against a team that put up 160 yards? I'm glad they skipped over it.

It was an ugly game and we got lucky. If they would have made that field goal, we would have lost and went into NE this sunday as a 3-3 team.

I'm happy we won but it's time to move on and get ready for a "nothing to lose" game against the undefeated Patriots! :helmet:

:doh:

Umm, we might not have played the game the best we could have BUT regardless of your view it was still a crazy ending for an NFL game with fun highlights for the casual fan. A TD under 2 mins by a back-up QB, a 2-point conversion attempt with an all star WR under center, a correctly executed on-sides kick and then a 55 yard FG that JUST by 1 foot goes wide. Yup, your right. I can't imagine what they could show that would be interesting to the casual fan......

The game might have sucked for Redskins fans, but it was great TV.

The Cowboys and Giants are atop the NFC East. Maybe they didn't have time to show the highlights. The Giants and Cowboys looked more impressive on Sunday than we did. I hate to say it but it's true. The Cowboys held Adrian Peterson in check but that game was more evenly matched. As far as the Giants, they just knocked San Fransico out cold. They really put the smack down on the 49ers. Perhaps they didn't show the highlights from the Cards/Skins game because we were so inept on offense. If the Redskins would have produced more points and yards, then Sunday's game against Arizona would have made the highlight reel on MNF.

The Cowboys and Giants are atop the NFC East. Maybe they didn't have time to show the highlights. The Giants and Cowboys looked more impressive on Sunday than we did. I hate to say it but it's true. The Cowboys held Adrian Peterson in check but that game was more evenly matched. As far as the Giants, they just knocked San Fransico out cold. They really put the smack down on the 49ers. Perhaps they didn't show the highlights from the Cards/Skins game because we were so inept on offense. If the Redskins would have produced more points and yards, then Sunday's game against Arizona would have made the highlight reel on MNF.

Childress kept Perterson in check giving him only 15 touches in the game and as Duckus said it was a crazy end to the game ....plus the Cards were leading thier division going into this game which is more than can be said of the sorry ass Vikings or 49ers both now 2-4

I don't mind it.

I do kind of even understand. The Cowboys are the darlings. The Giants are hot (5 in a row) and have an explosive passing offense plus being a New York team never hurts. The Eagles falling apart is a story, especially allowing a 97 yard drive at the end of the game to lose a heartbreaker to the defending NFC Champs.

Skins/Cards?

No Leinart.

Skins O was in a deep freeze.

They could have talked about the Skins D but I suppose with the Cards O not having a marquee QB, talking up the defensive performance just wasn't appealing enough.

I do have a bigger issue with people talking about the NFC East race and making it seem like it's a two team race instead of a three team race. Our record is right there with the Cowboys and Giants and unlike those two teams, we have a great D which is what you need come January.

Now i hate the media bias more than anyone but with this one espn didnt hate on us....they used us as a segway on onside kicks thats the only reason they didnt use us when they showed the nfc east games they showed all three onside kick highlights (the 2 from the titans texans game and the one from our game)....then showed the endings to each game (berman lead it off by saying and now for the crazy games of the week, and when did onside kicks become gimees)....they did show are highlights folks....

You kidding me this has got a NFL films voice over written all over it.

Speaking of which, about when should the media begin bashing the 49ers for all that FA money they spent, when do the "Buying a SuperBowl" remarks start?

Oh yeah thats right, nevermind.

Maybe they could have shown the league's leading pass defender intercept his league leading 5th pass.

Maybe they could have shown Andre Carter's strip of Warner to preserve the lead late in the game.

Maybe they could have shown London Fletcher punishing their offense, and then maybe they could show him intercepting a pass and scoring with it WHILE he and three other Redskins pile over Warner and crush him into the end zone dirt.

I don't know. I guess it's all a matter of perspective as to what is good to see.

All 3 of those plays sound a lot more exciting to me than watching "highlights" of the going-nowhere Bears beating the going-nowhere Eagles.

~Bang

I noticed this too. They did include the onside kick and missed field goal in their "onside kick" montage. At least we were in the fastest 3 minutes this week. When we beat the Lions, they completely omitted that game from the fastest three minutes. Not one highlight at all. That pissed me off.

Excuse this mini-rant, but did anyone catch the half time show tonight on MNF, when they did game highlights by division, and they came to the NFC East and covered every game except the Skins/Cards.....I mean, is the Bears/Philly game really more important to showcase?

The reason that they featured the Bears/Philly is that it pushed Philly towards the bubble and exposed Reid for the poor job he has done as GM in the last 3 years.

The Bears are moving the other direction. Since pulling Grossman they are a team again.

Archived