Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cartwright vs. Refs

Isifhan

The ball went 10 yards...they showed it in slo-mo on TV. All it had to do was break the plane of 10 yards, which it did. Wouldn't have mattered if it went 15 since noone actively went for the ball on our 'hands' team.

I mean did Rock say this before or after the review?

I think Rock's making a mountain from a molehill. There's no telling under what circumstances that Rock said it, the ref said it, etc, etc. I don't think that 'namecalling' should be outlawed. What's next? Cursing? Bottomline is, there wasn't much controversy about the play, and I'm fairly confident that refs prob tell players on both sides during games to 'shutup', 'quit ****in' etc...

The refs didn't keep this game close...our offensive coaches did. :doh:

The ball went 10 yards...they showed it in slo-mo on TV. All it had to do was break the plane of 10 yards, which it did. Wouldn't have mattered if it went 15 since noone actively went for the ball on our 'hands' team.

I mean did Rock say this before or after the review?

I think Rock's making a mountain from a molehill. There's no telling under what circumstances that Rock said it, the ref said it, etc, etc. I don't think that 'namecalling' should be outlawed. What's next? Cursing? Bottomline is, there wasn't much controversy about the play, and I'm fairly confident that refs prob tell players on both sides during games to 'shutup', 'quit ****in' etc...

The refs didn't keep this game close...our offensive coaches did. :doh:

you my friend.. are special.

Fired? You guys are crazy. He'll get a slap on the wrist and quite frankly that's all he deserves. I imagine the refs are called worse than that at least 100 times during the course of the game. Maybe we should kick all players out of the game that do that. And for the record, it was not right for the ref to say that and he should be punished, but not fired.

Maybe Rock was "giving him the business." Rememer that ref? :laugh:

Fired? You guys are crazy. He'll get a slap on the wrist and quite frankly that's all he deserves. I imagine the refs are called worse than that at least 100 times during the course of the game. Maybe we should kick all players out of the game that do that. And for the record, it was not right for the ref to say that and he should be punished, but not fired.

Maybe Rock was "giving him the business." Rememer that ref? :laugh:

Rock in his interview with reporters outside redskins park mentioned that on the onside kickoff at the end of the game he disputed the distance the ball traveled. In response the referee called him a dumbass.

I had also heard Rock had been called a name by a referee. Hearing this makes the story more clear to me. It's obvious to me the ref thought Rock was asking him something topical, like "So, what's your favorite place to eat?" I'm sure it's nothing more than that.

dumass%20taco.jpg

Rock in his interview with reporters outside redskins park mentioned that on the onside kickoff at the end of the game he disputed the distance the ball traveled. In response the referee called him a dumbass.

I had also heard Rock had been called a name by a referee. Hearing this makes the story more clear to me. It's obvious to me the ref thought Rock was asking him something topical, like "So, what's your favorite place to eat?" I'm sure it's nothing more than that.

dumass%20taco.jpg

Archived