Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cartwright vs. Refs

Isifhan

Didn't see this mentioned but it certainly bothered me.

Rock in his interview with reporters outside redskins park mentioned that on the onside kickoff at the end of the game he disputed the distance the ball traveled. In response the referee called him a dumbass.

I understand that tempers get hot among players, but I think it's inexcusable for a "partisan" referee to start spouting off expletives to players on the field.

Granted I don't know what Cartwright said to him, but if it was how he described it in his interview, I hope the ref gets at the minimum a fine.

I hope that's not true. Game officials are people, just like the rest of us. But if that's what happened, it's beyond unprofessional.

It'd be cool if someone had a parabolic pointed in their direction when that happened. I'd be interested to hear how it actually transpired.

a link anywhere?

It's on Redskins.com under the player interviews for 10-22.

In the interview, Rock said he told the ref that the ball didn't go 10 yards after the onside kick; then the ref turned around and said to Rock "the ball went 10 yards dumbass".

He said he told the ref he didn't appreciate him disrespecting him like that, because he wouldn't talk to him that way. Rock told the ref he was going to turn that one in.

Let's just be thankful the ref didn't call him for a penalty, and we got out of that game with a win :doh:

It is true.

Rock was beyond upset. After the game........he could not even speak about it.

Calling him out of his name is NOT acceptable to Rock......and that is what he kept saying.......he called me out of my name.

This is not professional.

And some action should be taken.

Didn't know about this event, but the reffing made me blew my stack after the game (see the thread) and this just adds to my conviction that there was a biased anti-Redskin effort last Sunday, especially with some of the really, really dubious calls made and not made throughout the second half.

I was standing by the players tunnel after the game, and Rock ran over to the ref. that called him out, and proceeded to show his disgust. It was evident that Rock was pissed. I thought he was going to jack him up. I believe he told the ref. he would find him later. Ref should be fired!

I'm sorry, but I find this pretty amusing. The official was probably irritated at all of the nonsense various players and coaches had been throwing his way all game. He'd finally had enough, and Cartwright's gripe drew a salty response . . . unprofessional, undoubtedly, but certainly understandable. A brief trip to the woodshed would probably resolve the problem-

Let's just be thankful the ref didn't call him for a penalty, and we got out of that game with a win :doh:

Be thankful for the week after week of BS from the Refs???

This is the type of turn the other cheek nonsence that allows the Refs to get away with anycall and bend every rule that is in black and white in the rulebook.

If you want to get Technical about that onside, the ball went 9 yards and the Card player grabbed it and tried to get it to ten yards, got mauled by us and didnt even have the ball by the time he was down. :mad:

All I want is the game to be called DOWN THE MIDDLE the whole game. Not for ratings and not because the Refs want to keep it close and not because the Vegas odds have whoever point spead with whatever team. If the Skins are flagged for something that they did then fine, but call it when the other team dose the same thing.

Archived