Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"Please turn off small electronical devices..."

Spaceman Spiff

I turn my phone off because the battery is terrible and if I leave it on the whole flight it will use up all it's power searching for service at 30,000 feet moving at 300-400 mph or whatever.

It's against the law to leave the phone on...even though mythbusters demonstrated how basically no phones have frequencies and signals that distort or disable navigation/communication equipment in airplanes, the government won't take the risk.

I usually keep other electronics off until we are up in the air cause some of those flight attendants are nasty after flying all over the country for 30 hours straight :)

I turn my phone off because the battery is terrible and if I leave it on the whole flight it will use up all it's power searching for service at 30,000 feet moving at 300-400 mph or whatever.

It's against the law to leave the phone on...even though mythbusters demonstrated how basically no phones have frequencies and signals that distort or disable navigation/communication equipment in airplanes, the government won't take the risk.

I usually keep other electronics off until we are up in the air cause some of those flight attendants are nasty after flying all over the country for 30 hours straight :)

Archived