Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cheating Eagles!!

scuppajones

Did anyone else hear that during the Bears Eagles game during the last drive of the game Griese's headset communication went dead. Remember the same thing happened to JC at the end of the first half in week 2 up there which played a large role in us getting three straight penalties to end the half. Maybe it was just coincidence right???

We scored on the drive and so did the Bears, but it baffles me that the NFL is not going to investigate this cheating by the dirty Eagles.

I can't wait until Nov 11 to sweep those Cheaters!!

I heard the same thing, and I also thought that was a bit of a strange coincidence. But they got theirs in the end.

There's only one way to fix this problem, change the stupid rule so that if one teams headset goes out, the other team must turn theirs' off as well. It's unbelievable that this rule doesn't exist.

I heard the same thing, and I also thought that was a bit of a strange coincidence. But they got theirs in the end.

There's only one way to fix this problem, change the stupid rule so that if one teams headset goes out, the other team must turn theirs' off as well. It's unbelievable that this rule doesn't exist.

A rule like that would be so easily manipulated. They'd never do it.

Sounds possible. I would like the NFL to investigate the headset failures for away teams because it is a form of cheating. Or they should change the rule and say both teams can't use their headset communications. My guess is if they change the rule then the shenanigans will stop.

if i'm not mistaken there is a rule that states if a team loses communication, the other team must disable theirs as well..

I dont know if they really enforce it, generally you dont hear of this situation coming up and them enforcing it.

if i'm not mistaken there is a rule that states if a team loses communication, the other team must disable theirs as well..

I dont know if they really enforce it, generally you dont hear of this situation coming up and them enforcing it.

You are both right and wrong. When the coach loses contact with the upstairs booth, then the other team must turn off communications to the boothas well. But when the coach loses contact with the QB, the other team does not have to turn off their headset to the QB. Which I think is just ridiculous. It's an obvious advantage, and I find it a little funny that it's always the road team that loses that communication.

You are both right and wrong. When the coach loses contact with the upstairs booth, then the other team must turn off communications to the boothas well. But when the coach loses contact with the QB, the other team does not have to turn off their headset to the QB. Which I think is just ridiculous. It's an obvious advantage, and I find it a little funny that it's always the road team that loses that communication.

well there ya go. I knew there was a rule about the communication thing, didnt realize it didnt go as far as the QB-Coach.

You'd think it would be the other way around. I think there is more of an advantage of talking to the QB then to the guys upstairs. The guys upstairs dont see things from field level. They have an overall view but you dont gain as much of an advantage talking to them as you do the QB. I do understand that if one team loses connection the others must as well in the sense of the Instant Replay.

Wait, I heard Gibbs say that there is a rule for that in one of our recent games. If a headset goes out, the other team has to stop using theirs too.

The rule as I understand applies to the headsets that are used between the coaches upstairs and the ones on the sidelines.If their's goes out then the other team can't use their device.If the qb's headset goes out you are out of luck.

well there ya go. I knew there was a rule about the communication thing, didnt realize it didnt go as far as the QB-Coach.

You'd think it would be the other way around. I think there is more of an advantage of talking to the QB then to the guys upstairs. The guys upstairs dont see things from field level. They have an overall view but you dont gain as much of an advantage talking to them as you do the QB. I do understand that if one team loses connection the others must as well in the sense of the Instant Replay.

A side note, but you can't see **** from field level, at least in terms of formations and coverages by the other team. That's why they have coaches upstairs that can view the whole field from above.

To the main point: could teams really stoop so low as to cut off communications at key points? That's pretty sleazy if so.

In such a case, it doesn't really matter if you threaten to turn the QB-coach communication to the other team. The Bears have the ball w/ less than two minutes left. The Eagles are on defense. You think they are going to care if you cut the communication to McNabb's helmet?

Watching the Pitt. game last night they showed how Ben has all the plays on a wristband. The coach just has to call out a number and the QB looks at the wristband and calls the play. This seems like a better way to do it. Instead of communicating a play through the headset they could just shout out a number. The other team has no idea what the number corresponds to. I've seen teams do this before. I wonder why more teams don't do it this way.

Let's just do away with headsets altogether. :silly:

Did anyone else hear that during the Bears Eagles game during the last drive of the game Griese's headset communication went dead. Remember the same thing happened to JC at the end of the first half in week 2 up there which played a large role in us getting three straight penalties to end the half. Maybe it was just coincidence right???

We scored on the drive and so did the Bears, but it baffles me that the NFL is not going to investigate this cheating by the dirty Eagles.

I can't wait until Nov 11 to sweep those Cheaters!!

Please don't tell me you're a conspiracy freak... :insane:

In such a case, it doesn't really matter if you threaten to turn the QB-coach communication to the other team. The Bears have the ball w/ less than two minutes left. The Eagles are on defense. You think they are going to care if you cut the communication to McNabb's helmet?

Exactly. Defenses getting headsets might offset this, with both getting cut off. I have heard of this happening a lot this year.I think plenty of teams know this goes on and if you cant beat them..........I have also read that JC's prob was in the system and not the helmet. I can believe problems in the helmets as they get hit so often, but the systems going down 3 times a week all over the league? I have walkie talkies I bought from toys r us 15 years ago that still work fine.

Archived