Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The official?: 24 hours later thread

skinsaddict

Folks,

nearly 24 hours after this quasi win, I have decided we are not giving this team nearly enough credit.

AZ has a very tough offense, lead by the two leaders of the new generation of receivers (hint hint, danny, get out your checkbook). Their defenseive line played outstanding and I am going to have to give their secondary credit for not letting us get open. They also shut down Cooley, which has not been easy in recent weeks.

Arizona had beated Seattle and Pittsburgh, both division leaders, and should have beaten Baltimore and SanFran. in the weak NFC, it is going to come down to who pulls out the games in the end.

Guess what, that team is us. The offense is not peaking right now (thank god) and this should be a wake-up call to all involved. If Rackers had made that kick, people would be looking for work today. So lets count our blessings and start to get ready for another team no one expects us to beat.

Cheers.

I agree, I was probably too hard on them mostly because I was mentally trying to prepare for what looked like the inevitable loss. I really thought Rackers was going to nail that kick. However, I'm still not pleased with the position Gibbs puts him team in by going super conservative once he has the lead. As with the Giants game, we completely abandoned any and all downfield routes in the passing game and were obvious about running the ball on first and second down. When all the D has to defend is routes within 15 yards of the LOS and the run, it makes things a lot easier on them. In the end, we're going to lose more of those games than we win if we keep playing that way. We need to understand that our line right now is better built to pass block than run block, Fabini is more of a pass protector anyways, but now playing guard instead of tackle that's even more true. Wade is also much more adept in the passing game. It's time to take the handcuffs off Campbell.....the kid can ball. :2cents:

Was this in because of all the injurys to the O-line?

Well, outside of missing Rabach, that IS our starting O-line for the season so what does that say about our line? At some point, the OL's going to have to well regardless of the injuries. No one will remember how good we could've been if only our OL hadn't been injured.

Was this in because of all the injurys to the O-line?

obviously, that doesnt matter, because the game was played yesterday and the DE and DT got constant pressure...so I would say they played a terriffic gamely

the only reason I call it a quasi win is because we did win, we also didnt lose in the last 5 minutes.

Archived