Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does 17 points sounds preposterous?

WhoRUSupposed2Be

No.

Actually, given how both teams played yesterday...Pats putting up 49 without breaking a sweat, and the skins squeaking out a lucky win by the hairs of their chiny, chin chin against a one-armed quarterback...i'm surprised it's not higher.

I hope the Skins take it as a slap and it motivates them and the Pats look by us.

I think it is a dis to our 3rd in the league Defense, just behind New Englands,

and that if I was betting I would bet the Skins vs. the line not necessarily to win.

Unfortunately it isn't a great week to get Offensively healthy against this Patriots defense.

Wasn't USC 31 point favorites over Stanford a few weeks ago? Stanford ended up turning their woes around by beating them. 17 sounds about right, actually. It's going to be our offensive line health that determines the final spread.

Nope they were actually a 41 pt fav, believe it or not.

17 points in the NFL is insulting, even if you are near the bottom of the league. As of right now, we are a playoff team at 4-2. I understand the Pats look unstoppable, but 17 pts is ridiculous, from an NFL perspective.

That being said, I understand the line. The line is made for betters, so the goal is to make a line where approx. 50% of people will bet one way, 50% the others. Since the Pats have scored more than 30 in every game and blown everyone out by large double digits, it makes sense from a statistical/historical betting persepective.

Still, I hope the 'Skins use that as motivation. Let's shock the world.

17 points in the NFL is insulting, even if you are near the bottom of the league. As of right now, we are a playoff team at 4-2. I understand the Pats look unstoppable, but 17 pts is ridiculous, from an NFL perspective.

That being said, I understand the line. The line is made for betters, so the goal is to make a line where approx. 50% of people will bet one way, 50% the others. Since the Pats have scored more than 30 in every game and blown everyone out by large double digits, it makes sense from a statistical/historical betting persepective.

Still, I hope the 'Skins use that as motivation. Let's shock the world.

Yeah, I can understand the motivation behind the line; furthermore, are we the first team where this line has been a 17 pt. spread?

I hope the Skins take it as a slap and it motivates them and the Pats look by us.

I think it is a dis to our 3rd in the league Defense, just behind New Englands,

and that if I was betting I would bet the Skins vs. the line not necessarily to win.

Unfortunately it isn't a great week to get Offensively healthy against this Patriots defense.

It's 4th now, but I see what you're saying.

But don't forget about our 25th ranked offense.

It will probably be close thru the 1st quarter; however, when our offense starts their 3 and outs, our defense stays out on the field longer and longer (remember the Giants, the Packers and the Cardinals?). By that time, they are so tired they are unable to stop the Patriots. That is when the Patriots will start pulling away and won't have any problems beating the 17 point spread. I think it will be ugly at the end of the 3rd quarter. The only way to stop the Patriots is to have ball control and we don't have an offense that can accomplish anything that close to ball control.

Archived