Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade Arrington for the Bengals number one pick!

What a terrible terrible idea......why does everyone expect him to be a lockeroom leader when he just finished his 3rd year.....are you forgetting how young he is buddy......name 1 player who leads his team in his 3rd year......Lavar is one of the best Defensive Players in the league and what would we even get with the #1 pick that we couldnt get with say the #4 except maybe Rogers.....we dont even need him that bad we are good at 13

Originally posted by bulldog

The Eagles are STILL waiting for Freddie Mitchell to become an NFL contributor after spending a #1 choice on him a couple of years ago.

sshhhhhhhhh. ;) Mitchell is a bust. I'm through with waiting. There is, however, a difference between Rogers and Mitchell. Mitchell was picked around 25, whereas Rogers will be gone at #2. Rogers has more upside, and will be the first WR in his class to go. Mitchell was the fourth or fifth- merely a name in the plethora of "quality" WR's to enter that draft.

To think that we have a good player and so it is inevitable that we lose them is an unfortunate way to think. The problem you have stated is real. We have a number of players of approximately the same age who are proving themselves to be good. Wouldn't it be better to build on that, rather than figure that it is an impossible situation and give up on and trade them before they can take us to whatever heights they can. Having a wealth of talent is a good thing. This is the best of problems. If the front office can become somewhat proactive, it shouldn't even be an unsolveable problem. Still, I would rather lose a great player for nothing than become a farm team for others who doesn't even try to keep their stars. Within three years with some luck all those guys you lmentioned should be in their prime. Heck, it will be fun to see them together. I hope we will.

I think so of you need to layoff the crack and chill out a bit. As far as trading Lavar for an early pick...thats just crazy, unless the team retrades the pick for someones entire draft.....highly unlikely, mostly because it would be to costly (I beleive teams have a limit they can spend on rookies) and it probably would take atleast 2 to 3 years to full expect a group of those players to be standouts, or even be standout players at all. As far as Lavar providing no value....I really don't know how much more you want him to do...goes to the probowl 2 straight years, leads the team in sacks (I believe 2nd in league for LB's) and had 100 tackles. I think alot of people have been preoccupied with Lavars cost...which I think mostly goes back to the times article....but I havn't heard anything for any other source that his cap hit is going to be 10 plus Mil. I do beleive that the skins may have to make some tough player choices in the future, but I fully beleive that they will be able to keep Champ next offseason....at the vary least franchise him....I might remind everyone that Stephen davis cap hit is 5 mil this year, so next offseason we will have that money which I beleive will be used mostly to sign champ to a new deal......I heard some one complaining about Jansen's contract which is crazy also considering he is a very good dependable player that plays at or near a probowler every year....plus hering the details of his contract it seems rather cap friendly compared to being a highly back loaded contract. I think if times do get lean for the skins as far as cap room goes i would full expect them to start pulling so cap tricks much like the Jets did with Curtis Martin, by making him sign that insurance policy and various other restructuring moves....beleive me this team can be together for a number of more years and can be a viable contender if the core group of players are kept together

Ok, so I guess it's my turn. Here goes with the worthless bickering over a topic which should never have even been mentioned.

Originally posted by Smoot21

You have 419 posts, so you must be wasting your time at some point in your life on this message board

Fair enough.

If you read the titile of my thread it clearly states in the first word TRADE, not releasing. What thread are you looking at? So to explain something I didnt say, would be pointless

The point is dropping one player because of his salary and picking up another expensive player. Ok so maybe we get a "bonus" pick in the draft. Yippee.

Hindsight is 20/20. Maybe we get a better player than him.

Sure. Define better.

I didnt know it was up to you if we kept Arrington or not. I must have overlooked your GM status on your Extremskins profile.

You don't think this has been discussed? It sounds like you know everything about the Redskins.

Maybe you should have your own website where you can tell the entire Redskin community what your theorys are about the Redskins because as you have shown here, you are the Redskin insider and your Redskin knowledge can not be matched.

Have a nice day douchebag [/b]

Sorry guy, I thought you were looking for everyone's opinions about your amusing little "trade" theory. I didn't realize you were posting this nonsense just to put the idea out there with no response. If that's so, then have at it. I think you got your answer though. Trading the closest think we have to a franchise player should not and will not ever happen.

As far as resorting to name calling, that's a normal occurence for two types of people; children, or, someone who feels they can't make others understand their point without lowering themselves to the standards normally upheld by a child. Bye now.

People wonder why I love hanging out with Smoot21. Read this thread and you will see. He will take a boring day, and ZERO real information and turn it into a 3 page thread. He just keeps things interesting.

Thats my dawg. Thats my dawg.

"I can't believe I'm replying to this BUT ..." Classic.

Originally posted by Bandit

Does that mean you're looking from some serious WR upgrade. You need a #1 and a #2 for next year to get over that hump.

Yes we're (well its actually "the fans", who knows about the Eagles FO) looking for a WR upgrade. No, we don't need another #2, but yes, everyone is clamoring for a #1. Pinkston would be a great #2 if he had a solid number 1 opposite him. Thrash should move to the slot. Getting David Boston is every Eagles fans dream right now, but it won't happen. They'll probably get another #3 ish receiver like Dez White. MLB, WR and TE are the Eagles biggest concerns (DE is the other if Hugh leaves, but not as big as the previous three).

No way Smoot. First off by trading LaVar for the #1 pick, we would take a huge cap hit. Then we would get a double whammy by having to pay another $10-12 Mil signing bonus to whoever we drafted, who could still turn out to be a bust. I mean Desmond Howard was a bust, and wasn't he the 4th player taken in the draft?

And who says we cant keep LaVar, Champ, Ramsey and Samuels under contract? You just have to sign them to smart contracts that are favorable to both player and team.\

Compare the Raiders to the Redskins: The Raiders manage every year to keep all their star players under contract such as: Gannon MVP; Charlie Garner; Tim Brown; Jerry Rice; Lincoln Kennedy; Mo Collins; Trace Armstrong; John Parella; Sam Adams; Bill Romanowski; Charles Woodson; Rod Woodson; and #1 and #2 draft picks Derrick Gibson, Phillip Buchanon; Napoleon Harris; Marques Tuiasosopo; Matt Stinchcomb; Jerry Porter; and Sebastion Janikowski.

And you claim we cant keep four players, LaVar, Champ, Ramsey and Samuels under contract? Balooney. :laugh: Then again if Cerrato handles the contracts you could be right. :laugh:

Originally posted by Smoot21

Lavar Arrington has not signed the NFLPA contract and has made Snyder nothing.

If I'm not mistaken, the proceeds from the sale of NFL licensed products are split amongst the NFL, the NFLPA and the teams. Furthermore, the teams' portion of the money is split evenly amongst all 32 teams. Isn't this what Jerry jones sued the league about several years ago?

In any case, Lavar signing and selling a lot of jerseys wouldn't be any kind of windfall to Snyder.

Awesome point inmate. These players that everyone says we cannot keep out the people we build our whole team around. With all those big name players listed for the raiders..again, good point inamte..i think we'll be just fine. Go skinS!:D

Why is it that everytime I come to the board there is another 5 watt light bulb with another absurb post?

There are several teams with stellar WRs.

There are several teams with stellar young QBs that were drafted in the first round.

And where have they been the past 4 years?

Watching superbowl commercials with other fools thinking flash is better than a strong defense.

You dont take a strength and turn it into a weakness by banking on an unknown quantity unless you want your team equated to the foolish trades the bullets have made.

Trotters contract is not that big and you behave as though the Cap isnt going to increase annuallly.

You want see the skins under Mendez giving players a multiyear contract that balloons ridiculously in the third or fourth year as the one Vinny signed S Davis to.

Its a no brainer that we are gonna to try to keep Champ the question will be Smoot when his time comes to an extension.

If I'm not mistaken, the proceeds from the sale of NFL licensed products are split amongst the NFL, the NFLPA and the teams. Furthermore, the teams' portion of the money is split evenly amongst all 32 teams. Isn't this what Jerry jones sued the league about several years ago?

In any case, Lavar signing and selling a lot of jerseys wouldn't be any kind of windfall to Snyder.

You are not mistaken, you are misinformed.

The sales of Redskin jerseys or any other jerseys or any other NFL merchendise, isnt what we buy, its what the stores buy.

The stores buy all the merchendise, then they make their own profits, selling at the price they want.

When Dan Snyder made the Redskin stores in the area, he as the store owner buys NFL merchandise, namely Redskin merchandise. The merchandise he buys goes to the entire NFL and is split 32 times.

When it comes to his store, he makes the rules, players jerseys, hats, prices.

At the Redskin store you can find all sorts of players replicas, can't find them anywhere else, you would have to get them custom made.

Lets say Danny buys each replica jersey at $40 a piece. He then sells it for $75.99, thats his profit, nobody elses.

Reebok makes its money, because they probably make the jersey for 5 bucks, they turnaround and sell it to what ever store can sell NFL equipment, that store buys it, marks it up and they recive the profit.

In this case, Dan Snyder profits from every jersey sold at his store, if he had Lavar Arrington jerseys, he would make tons of money, but he can't until Lavar signs the NFLPA contract, and don't believe the people on this thread that thought he signed the contract, because he has not.

Originally posted by NavyDave

Why is it that everytime I come to the board there is another 5 watt light bulb with another absurb post?

With all due respect Dave, if the absurd post comment is in regards to a possible discussion in the front office od dealing Lavar, it is anot as absurd as you think and you better take a look at who is in the front office. I woudl never say that the Skins are goign to tarde Lavar, BUT, i will say that it has been discussed. Whether those discussion are still alive, who knows.

OK lets put it this way.

With Darrell Green retired, the face, heart and soul of the Redskins is who?

Samuels? NO

Jansen? NO

And I love my linemen.

Its not our running backs, receivers, D linemen or Tightend.

Its Lavar followed by Champ who needs to be resigned.

Strong Defense is what wins

and i do not disgaree with you in the least. I love Lavar, i am a Penn State ALUM and absolutely love the guy. he is the heart and soul for this team. BUT, for soem to say that the post is ridiculous and absurd ebcause they woudl never consider trading him, think again, because they have. Liek I sadi, whether that still is in discussion, that I do not know.

Trades still happen? Who was the last big name player to be traded? ...And when was that?

BUT, for soem to say that the post is ridiculous and absurd ebcause they woudl never consider trading him, think again, because they have. Liek I sadi, whether that still is in discussion, that I do not know.

Man Penn, slow down...

almost evyr other wodr has soem letters in teh wrong sopt :laugh:

I beleive Dan Wilkinson was traded here, for a first rounder.

Brad Johnson was traded here.

We traded Sean Gilbert for some picks after trading some picks to get him here.

Champ Bailey is here thanks to draft day trading.

When we had the 2nd and third pick, we just made the plaoffs, trading was a factor for those oicks.

We make trade buddys

Archived