Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Eagles T Runyan sits out practice after hurting tailbone in training room fall

tr1

October 19, 2007

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-eagles-runyan&prov=ap&type=lgns

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Eagles starting right tackle Jon Runyan sat out practice Friday after bruising his tailbone in a training room fall, but believes he will make his 184th consecutive start Sunday against Chicago.

Runyan, who was moving gingerly in the locker room Friday, said he slipped while getting into a tub following Thursday's practice and landed on the tub's edge.

Asked how he felt Friday afternoon, Runyan said "not good."

"The most comfortable position is standing, put it that way," he said.

The irony of hurting himself in the training room was not lost on Runyan, who has started 183 consecutive games including the playoffs.

"It's frustrating, as you're getting into the tub to kind of take care of your body, you end up hurting yourself," he said.

But both Runyan and coach Andy Reid expect the 12-year veteran to play Sunday.

"It's not going to be fun, but we'll get it done," Runyan said.

Reid was confident enough to make a quick joke at Runyan's expense.

"It's a long way down to that tailbone," Reid said of the 6-foot-7 tackle.

It seems as though this slip is more serious than originally thought!

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20071024_Eagles_Notes____Dawkins_waits_for_pain_to_stop.html

Offensive tackle Jon Runyan doesn't just have a sore or bruised tailbone. He has a fractured tailbone, but he plans to continue playing through the rest of the season. Reid said Monday that Runyan was sore following Sunday's loss to the Chicago Bears, and it would be naive to think the injury will not affect the tackle's play the remainder of the season.

It seems as though this slip is more serious than originally thought!

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/20071024_Eagles_Notes____Dawkins_waits_for_pain_to_stop.html

Offensive tackle Jon Runyan doesn't just have a sore or bruised tailbone. He has a fractured tailbone, but he plans to continue playing through the rest of the season. Reid said Monday that Runyan was sore following Sunday's loss to the Chicago Bears, and it would be naive to think the injury will not affect the tackle's play the remainder of the season.

Wow. That is the worst way to injure yourself. I mean all the other NFL players it can be like: "yeah I hurt my leg one time making a hard cut in a route!" or: "I fractured my arm against the ball after running for a 10 yard gain!"

How did you hurt yourself Jon?

I slipped while climbing into a tub and fractured my tailbone."

It's almost as bad as back in what...2000 when Brad Johnson injured himself helping chase down a neighbor's dog or something stupid like that :D

Wow. That is the worst way to injure yourself. I mean all the other NFL players it can be like: "yeah I hurt my leg one time making a hard cut in a route!" or: "I fractured my arm against the ball after running for a 10 yard gain!"

How did you hurt yourself Jon?

I slipped while climbing into a tub and fractured my tailbone."

It's almost as bad as back in what...2000 when Brad Johnson injured himself helping chase down a neighbor's dog or something stupid like that :D

Archived