Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Oil hits ninety dollars a barrel

Burgold

I remember five years ago, economists were frightened that the economy would not survive if it broke the 40 dollar barrier. I think it's time to all get a little hippy. Hemp powered automobiles are the way to go. Their exhaust will stop road rage. If you believe in hemp as an alternative, go solar, wind, or heck take the metro, bus or walk.

New York oil price passes record 90 dollars Thu Oct 18, 6:48 PM ET

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071018/ts_alt_afp/commoditiesenergyoilpricerecord_071018224555

NEW YORK (AFP) - New York crude oil prices surpassed a record 90 dollars a barrel in after-hours trading Thursday following increased tensions between Turkey's government and Kurdish rebels in northern Iraq.

Traders said a weak US dollar and global supply jitters had also stoked the price surge.

The price gains in after-hours trading came after New York's main oil futures contract, light sweet crude for delivery in November, had jumped 2.07 dollars to a record close of 89.47 dollars a barrel

finding more oil ignores the probelm, but that's what repubs do right?

I suppose blocking wind power for aesthetic reasons by Big Daddy dem is the Dem thing then? :laugh:

The idiots(greens) down here even fight it...enjoy.

The Brazil model won't fly here either...global warming and raping the enviroment :rolleyes:

added

it's sugar cane btw...much more efficient than corn....but they don't grow that in Nebraska. ;)

don't they grow corn for flex fuel? Is it feasible for all the famers in this country (which prolly wouldn't be enough) to grow corn for fuel? What would we eat?

There was a story last week about a lot of farmers who have an overstock of corn because there aren't enough flex-fuel vehicles in the country to take advantage of it.

I suppose blocking wind power for aesthetic reasons by Big Daddy dem is the Dem thing then? :laugh:

The idiots(greens) down here even fight it...enjoy.

The Brazil model won't fly here either...global warming and raping the enviroment :rolleyes:

I'd like a wind mill on my NC property and state law bans them for those reasons, but last time I checked NC was Repub state :laugh:

$90 a barrel and I'm paying $2.45 a gallon.

Last year when the national average was $3.65 a gallon, it was $58 a barrel.

Nooooooooo, they aren't raping us and lying to us. :rolleyes:

If these jerkoffs in Washington would ever wake the **** up and regulate oil as energy, instead of letting Wall Street trade it as a commodity and speculate on futures, there wouldn't ever be a problem.

The government sucks, no matter how you slice it.

don't they grow corn for flex fuel? Is it feasible for all the famers in this country (which prolly wouldn't be enough) to grow corn for fuel? What would we eat?

1) Corn for fuel doesn't produce energy. It consumes more than it produces.

2) If all the farms in the world grew corn, it wouldn't be enough.

(Now I have heard that there are other crops which might make sense. Soybeans? Don't remember.)

There was a story last week about a lot of farmers who have an overstock of corn because there aren't enough flex-fuel vehicles in the country to take advantage of it.

The problem is that corn is one of the worst crops when it comes to environmental impact. More pollution is created in growing corn than is reduced by ethanol.

And ethanol has the lovely side effect of raising food prices too.

Archived