Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Warner Probable, per Adam Schefter

Truant

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Kurt Warner (elbow) is considered "probable" to start against the Redskins in Week 7.

Apparently, Warner's prayer paid off. Doctors originally feared that Warner might miss six-to-eight weeks, but he's made such impressive progress that the Cardinals expect him, not Tim Rattay, to start Sunday. It would be great news for Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, and the entire Arizona attack.

http://rotoworld.com/

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports Kurt Warner (elbow) is considered "probable" to start against the Redskins in Week 7.

Apparently, Warner's prayer paid off. Doctors originally feared that Warner might miss six-to-eight weeks, but he's made such impressive progress that the Cardinals expect him, not Tim Rattay, to start Sunday. It would be great news for Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, and the entire Arizona attack.

http://rotoworld.com/

with the skins revived D, he would be stupid to not give it another week to heal

Warner is going to be a stationary target behind an average OL.

The one caveat on defense is the question of who is going to be covering Larry Fitzgerald?

If it is Shawn Springs, I think our defense can shut this team down.

If it is Carlos Rogers with Smoot moving in on the other side, I have some misgivings with the size matchups on the outside.

Portis and Moss can help out the D and the OL by holding onto the football and making the plays they are being paid to make :)

He normally hands of with the non-throwing hand (ie the one with the torn ligament)....The Wiz was on Riggo's show today and said something about handing off now with his throwing hand.

I know probably a hurt Warner is better than healthy Rattay.....but this is incredibly risky to Warner's health and the Cardinals since Warner healthy is a prone fumbler when hit already.

All it'll take is a couple of hits to the ground and he'll be outta there...it's too bad...I actually like Kurt Warner...I am surprised their coaching staff would take this chance...they have a bye week after our game and could give him a full 3 weeks to heal...

This could just be a smoke screen...even if they lose this game the Cards are still very much in the race for the NFC West Title (as long as Warner is healthy)...even if they drop a game behind Seattle, they have already beat them and if they beat them in their 2nd meeting they would hold the sweep.

I know I'm talking alot about the Cardinals here, but I'm just trying to justify them playing Warner against us and I can't...

I still don't think it will happen...Rattay will start.

I can't believe he'd actually start. He'd probably run the hurry up like he did with Leinart in though.

IF Warner actually plays, I'd expect almost nothing but three step drop plays on passing downs. Their O line isn't that great and they have to know that one solid hit could end his season. But to be honest I don't get why they would risk his health for the rest of the season for one game. Their young starter is already out for the season. Which would be better...start a crappy QB for one game and take the chance that he is going to lose it for you or start your banged up backup who could be out for the season with one solid pop, which would subsequently force you to use the crappy QB for the rest of the season.

IF Warner actually plays, I'd expect almost nothing but three step drop plays on passing downs. Their O line isn't that great and they have to know that one solid hit could end his season. But to be honest I don't get why they would risk his health for the rest of the season for one game. Their young starter is already out for the season. Which would be better...start a crappy QB for one game and take the chance that he is going to lose it for you or start your banged up backup who could be out for the season with one solid pop, which would subsequently force you to use the crappy QB for the rest of the season.

Theyll blow the skins out and well be calling Wisenhunt a genious :doh: Watch..i hope not though

Archived