Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN tv: The Redskins, again, ceased to exist

PCRoughrider

The anchor, of course, doing the typical ESPN servicing of the Colts and Patriots asked John Clayton and Sean Salisbury are the Patriots or Colts more likely to loss before their game on Nov. 4.

"The Patriots schedule has some highs and lows over the next five weeks. New England will visit the winless Dolphins in week seven before they travel to Indy to meet the undefeated Colts in week nine..."

The Redskins either ceased to exist or they've turned into a bye. :rolleyes:

This segment lasted about five minutes and the Redskins name was never mentioned despite the fact that they are one of the opponents of one of the two teams. As a matter of fact, of the four teams the Colts or Patriots play before they play each other, the Redskins were the only one not mentioned, the Dolphins (NE week 7 opponent), the Jaguars (Ind week 7 opponent) and the Panthers (Ind week 8 opponent) were all noted.

Is acknowledgment of existence too much to ask? :doh:

The Patriots will be huge favorites.

Why would they mention us? They mentioned the best opponents the play.....and the easiest opponents.

That has nothing to do with it.

They went down the schedule week by week but skipped the week 8 opponent for the Patriots.

Who's going to win the game is irrelevant to naming a team who's on the schedule if you're going down the schedule!

We collapsed twice in our last three games and you're surprised that ESPN isn't considering the Redskins--a team that has had one winning season this entire decade--to challenge the Pats?

This place never ceases to amaze me.

There's a difference between not being expected to challenge versus having to play a team. Just because they think we won't put up a fight against the Pats doesn't mean that there's not going to be a fight.

There's a difference between not being expected to challenge versus having to play a team. Just because they think we won't put up a fight against the Pats doesn't mean that there's not going to be a fight.

Doesn't matter; we're no different than any other 3-2 team that hasn't done jack in the last decade.

well i just saw us as a notable game left for the Pats..but then of course there were 5 other teams on there too

The point is who really cares..next week they will still be undefeated and we will be a team in their way..we will get some respect then if we put a hurtin on the Cards

SO LETS WORRY ABOUT THE ****ING CARDINALS PEOPLE!!STOP TALKING ABOUT THE PATS!!

Uh...Apparently you missed NFL Live where Wingnut, Fatlic, and Neverwasbury mentioned "notable opponents" remaining on both the Colts and Pats schedules that would prevent them from going 16-0...Washington was listed. I guess a 30 sec soundbite is more important on Sportscenter? :doh:

Point is, who cares. I hope the Pats don't even realize we are coming to Foxborough and are completely looking ahead to the Colts(who they play the week after). That way, we may catch them off guard and actually have a chance to win. :2cents:

Let me try to make this clear one more time, the point of this thread was not that they didn't say anything about the Redskins beating the Patriots. It was that they didn't say "Redskins" at all!

Seven words uttered by that Sports Center anchor would have prevented this thread from being started:

"The Patriots schedule has some highs and lows over the next five weeks. New England will visit the winless Dolphins in week seven and host the Redskins in week eight before they travel to Indy to meet the undefeated Colts in week nine..."

Putting this in the context of all of the other slights heaped on the Redskins by ESPN is why this is an issue with me.

Uh...Apparently you missed NFL Live where Wingnut, Fatlic, and Neverwasbury mentioned "notable opponents" remaining on both the Colts and Pats schedules that would prevent them from going 16-0...Washington was listed. I guess a 30 sec soundbite is more important on Sportscenter? :doh:

Point is, who cares. I hope the Pats don't even realize we are coming to Foxborough and are completely looking ahead to the Colts(who they play the week after). That way, we may catch them off guard and actually have a chance to win. :2cents:

amen to that

Archived