Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

pro bowl votes

TonyRomoProBowl

I just did my first of many pro bowl votes. The following Cowboys and skins got my votes:

Dallas: Romo sits to pee, Witten, Gurode, Ware, and Henry

Washington: Cooley, Carter, Rocky and ST

:cool:

Six weeks ago I bet you never figured you'd be taking Carter!:)

This is offtopic but I didn't think it warranted its own thread.

Cooley is the most uncoordinated GOOD football player I think I've ever seen. Man, the guy looked like he was struggling to death to run on that long play in the Packers game. He's uncoordinated looking.. but he still manages to play awfully well.

T Newman is good but is he worthy of the love he is receiving from you guys for this years body of work? He missed 2 of their 6 games and had played very limited time in at 2 others.

I agree. Newman has definitely been pro-bowl worthy in previous seasons. He very well may earn a spot by the end of the year but hasn't yet. Boys I would vote for would be Ware, Romo sits to pee, Witten,Folk, McBriar

T Newman is good but is he worthy of the love he is receiving from you guys for this years body of work? He missed 2 of their 6 games and had played very limited time in at 2 others.

He is playing hurt. A tear in his plantar fascia in his foot as well as tendinitis in his knee. He won't be at full health at all this season.

The INT he had against the Bills... there is absolutely no way anyone catches him from behind if he is healthy.

He didn't have a great game against the Patriots... as none of our secondary did.

He is playing hurt. A tear in his plantar fascia in his foot as well as tendinitis in his knee. He won't be at full health at all this season.

The INT he had against the Bills... there is absolutely no way anyone catches him from behind if he is healthy.

He didn't have a great game against the Patriots... as none of our secondary did.

Understood, that is why there are more deserving CB's this season.:)

I can agree with that. I wasn't trying to make excuses.. just providing info... in case you didn't already know that.
The Pro Bowl voting is often based on the potential or the past performance of players. The fact is there have been plenty of CB's who are enjoying good seasons and have started all 6 of their games. They deserve the nod this season over a guy who has only played 50% of the games and is playing injured.

You stated no one could have caught him if healthy. Whether that is true or not shouldn't make any difference when voting...Fact is he was caught. The next thing you'd be telling me is no way Moss makes that catch if TN is healthy or no way TN doesn't make the tackle on Welker if healthy!

The Pro Bowl voting is often based on the potential or the past performance of players. The fact is there have been plenty of CB's who are enjoying good seasons and have started all 6 of their games. They deserve the nod this season over a guy who has only played 50% of the games and is playing injured.

You stated no one could have caught him if healthy. Whether that is true or not shouldn't make any difference when voting...Fact is he was caught. The next thing you'd be telling me is no way Moss makes that catch if TN is healthy or no way TN doesn't make the tackle on Welker if healthy!

I'm not trying to make a case for him to make the probowl... thus far in the season, he obviously has not played up to a probowl level. Personally, I believe the biggest reason for that is due to his health, but, like you say, that doesn't mean he should make the probowl. Maybe next season he'll be healthy and make it.

He is one of the best DBs in the NFC, he deserves it regardless of missing 2 games.

I'm not trying to make a case for him to make the probowl... thus far in the season, he obviously has not played up to a probowl level. Personally, I believe the biggest reason for that is due to his health, but, like you say, that doesn't mean he should make the probowl. Maybe next season he'll be healthy and make it.
He deserved it last year and if health is on his side, he'll probably deserve it next year!:cheers:
He is one of the best DBs in the NFC, he deserves it regardless of missing 2 games.
No arguement about him being one of the NFC's best (when healthy). He is not playing at 100% and has missed 50% of this seasons defensive snaps. There are more deserving this season!:2cents:

Archived