Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When Voting for Skins Players for Pro Bowl

DCMONEY

I don't know about you guys but I found myself clicking on Skins players that might not deserve to go to the pro bowl but I did this because a few years back the Skins defense finished ranked #3 overall and #1 in the NFC. I was angry when only Marcus Washington was selected to play in that years pro bowl. Shawn Springs in particular had one of the best seasons statistically I've ever seen a cornerback have. He had 5 ints and 6 sacks. He wasn't even voted in as a back up. The Skins that year I think had the #1 pass defense in the NFC. Only one representative. I've always maintained that I'm never surprised that Skins players don't get their props when it comes to post season and post career accolades.

I know we're all kinda biased when it comes to our teams but I think since our players have been shafted in past years when it comes to post season props, Lets be biased to the 10th degree. To show you how crazy I got, I voted for Carlos Rogers. LOL Seriously though, our defense is currently #1 in the NFC again. They'll probably finish at least in the top 3. Lets vote like hell for out players.

I have mixed emotions about this. There are certain guys who I'm afraid to vote for - Rocky MacIntosh, Sean Taylor, Carlos, Sellers….

My reasoning is not based on performance, but based on young players who go to the probowl and they types of contracts that they get. If we have to pay Rocky, Taylor, Campbell, etc. probowl level money, we are in serious trouble! For someone like Taylor, I'm torn as to whether or not another probowl appearance increases his market value or not? Coaches know what a player can do and probably don't worry about PB's when they are looking at FA's. But players on the other hand seem to put alot more weight into it. I don't want our players thinking that they aer worth more than they are....

Can't vote for any offensive players w/o guilt except for Cooley, Sellers, and maybe Chris Samuels.

I love Campbell, but his stats aren't there yet.

On defense give me Andre Carter, Taylor, Fletcher, MacIntosh, and Griffin.

Won't hurt to give Campbell a few votes just in case he explodes. :D

That's why the Pro Bowl is a joke. Fans are too worried about pointlessly putting as many players from their team as possible. The right thing to do is to put in the best players. Otherwise, it's a Random Bowl not the best in the NFL. At least in the NBA the most popular players generally are the best. I'll vote for every Skin who deserves to go.

I have mixed emotions about this. There are certain guys who I'm afraid to vote for - Rocky MacIntosh, Sean Taylor, Carlos, Sellers….

My reasoning is not based on performance, but based on young players who go to the probowl and they types of contracts that they get. If we have to pay Rocky, Taylor, Campbell, etc. probowl level money, we are in serious trouble! For someone like Taylor, I'm torn as to whether or not another probowl appearance increases his market value or not? Coaches know what a player can do and probably don't worry about PB's when they are looking at FA's. But players on the other hand seem to put alot more weight into it. I don't want our players thinking that they aer worth more than they are....

the skins sure don't care if a player has been to the pro bowl before. We key in on a guy and PAY him.

Also, ST will get max money and possibly Campbell, regardless of pro-bowl appearances. And think about it, the only thing you heard about the '07 Pro-bowl was the ST hit on that punter. You NEVER hear about pro-bowl performances.

ST will get paid from the skins or elsewhere.

Can't vote for any offensive players w/o guilt except for Cooley, Sellers, and maybe Chris Samuels.

I love Campbell, but his stats aren't there yet.

On defense give me Andre Carter, Taylor, Fletcher, MacIntosh, and Griffin.

Which is why the timing sucks because we aren't even half-way through the season. And of course that is why its 1/3 fans, coaches & players. Fans are homers and probably shouldn't be considered, imo.:2cents: :2cents:

The Pro-Bowl always seemed to have a year long lag built in to the system. Guys would be picked out of habit or for what they had done the prior year to start getting attention. And there is the built-in advantage of the guys who show up in the media. That face-time helps with recognition.

Archived