Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Price we Pay

JosephGibbs

Those 200 years are exactly the point. We've had a massive influx of immigration throughout all 200 of those years, and I think it's paying off beautifully. Let's keep it coming.

I do understand the point of your wallet though, so we'll see how it goes. Just saying, one study isn't going to end this debate. I'm thrilled its happening though, and I hope they take it seriously.

Oh, and about the spin? Don't hate the player.

I'm just giving you a hard time, Ignatius. If I don't pick on you every once in a while, you can be pretty sure I don't like you. (Ask Larry, I never pick on him.) ;) :laugh:

On a more serious note, not accusing you, but I think it's interesting that my more liberal friends are the first ones to say, "all the scientists agree," when talking about global warming (or any other study they agree with); but they shoot down a study that will likely contradict their position before it even comes out.

It just seems to me that when one side wants to shut down the debate, there's a good reason for that. And it's usually that they can't adequately defend their position. Like I said, I'll post the results either way. I just hope that if it supports my stance, that the naysayers on the other side will bring something to the table besides, "Well, I don't believe that study," or "That study is biased."

I feel really torn about this story. On the one hand, I dislike dirty foreigners who don't speak English or pay taxes. On the other hand, someone has to clean my toilet. It's not going to clean itself. I think if we could make a toilet that would clean itself we could get rid of them all, just load 'em up on a freight train and send 'em back to Cuba.

I feel really torn about this story. On the one hand, I dislike dirty foreigners who don't speak English or pay taxes. On the other hand, someone has to clean my toilet. It's not going to clean itself. I think if we could make a toilet that would clean itself we could get rid of them all, just load 'em up on a freight train and send 'em back to Cuba.

What do you have against dirty foreigners anyway?

What do you have against dirty foreigners anyway?

You know . . . they're dirty . . . and foreign . . . they probably have a different God than me . . . they wear funny hats with bells on them . . . their skin color is darker than mine . . . they don't have social security numbers . . . I could go on all day.

I was waiting for this type of reply. Actually Wolf Blitzer reported it. Now please include an intelligent response. I love how we disregard things based off alleged rumors and allegations without listening to what the person says or doing any credible research on our own

LOL, Nice one.

Those 200 years are exactly the point. We've had a massive influx of immigration throughout all 200 of those years, and I think it's paying off beautifully. Let's keep it coming.

We had a massive influx of LEGAL immigration for most of those 200 years. This is a different case entirely.

On a more serious note, not accusing you, but I think it's interesting that my more liberal friends are the first ones to say, "all the scientists agree," when talking about global warming (or any other study they agree with); but they shoot down a study that will likely contradict their position before it even comes out.

It just seems to me that when one side wants to shut down the debate, there's a good reason for that. And it's usually that they can't adequately defend their position. Like I said, I'll post the results either way. I just hope that if it supports my stance, that the naysayers on the other side will bring something to the table besides, "Well, I don't believe that study," or "That study is biased."

Well, I'm not going to apologize in advance for something you are simply presuming that I'm going to do.

Nor am I going to accept your characterizations of what has happened in the past around here. Most of the "studies" that we "liberals" have shot down were Sarge's stuff from WorldNetDaily or Skinsfan51's stuff from EvolutionIsEvil.com or whatever. Sometimes studies are biased for real, and sometimes studies don't ask the right questions. That's why we discuss them.

Other than that, you are absolutely right :cheers:

We had a massive influx of LEGAL immigration for most of those 200 years. This is a different case entirely.

You are right, it is entirely different. Back then, if you just showed up to get work you were legal. Now, if you just show up to get work, you are illegal.

Well, I'm not going to apologize in advance for something you are simply presuming that I'm going to do.

Nor am I going to accept your characterizations of what has happened in the past around here. Most of the "studies" that we "liberals" have shot down were Sarge's stuff from WorldNetDaily or Skinsfan51's stuff from EvolutionIsEvil.com or whatever. Sometimes studies are biased for real, and sometimes studies don't ask the right questions. That's why we discuss them.

Other than that, you are absolutely right :cheers:

I should've said "some" of my more liberal friends. I've never known you to be intellectually dishonest whatsoever. My bad.

:cheers:

I was waiting for this type of reply. Actually Wolf Blitzer reported it. Now please include an intelligent response. I love how we disregard things based off alleged rumors and allegations without listening to what the person says or doing any credible research on our own

jos3qggiddspwned!!!!!111111 :notworthy

Dealing with the illegals already here is just a bandade on the problem. A more permanent structure would have to be on our southern border. I believe the President's guest worker program has alot of positives; at the very least it recognizes the supply, need, and demand for elevated numbers of these immigrants to stay here for a cyclic period of time.

I have a question. I know nothing about economics (other then I'm poor) so maybe someone can help me with this.

There are 10 million or so illegals in the country. We, as a country, are at full-employment pretty much. So if we deport all the illegals then who exactly fills the jobs they are leaving behind as they are sent back to their countries?

EDIT: BTW, I'm sure this has been covered before on ES. I've never seen it though. I'm not looking to debate. It's a legitimate, knowledge-seeking question.

There are 10 million or so illegals in the country. We, as a country, are at full-employment pretty much. So if we deport all the illegals then who exactly fills the jobs they are leaving behind as they are sent back to their countries?

Teenagers who want to drive, who have the misfortune of living with parents who actually make them work for some of what they get. (read: me, when I was 16.)

Not a good question?

No, its a great question with no good answer. There just aren't 10 million americans that need work.

So instead of giving some long convoluted answer with no practical implementation, I decided to answer your question (not yes/no mind you) with a simple 'yes'.

Teenagers who want to drive, who have the misfortune of living with parents who actually make them work for some of what they get. (read: me, when I was 16.)

Yep, I can just see it now, the homecoming queen cleaning toilets and the football team going over to the construction site after they get off practice.

Yep, I can just see it now, the homecoming queen cleaning toilets and the football team going over to the construction site after they get off practice.

Oh sure because "status" positions in high school put you in a class above those jackass working stiffs.

Gimme a ****ing break. It might take a little good parenting (yeah, I know, that part is kinda iffy) but it can certainly happen. And there are certainly enough of them. There were when I was growing up.

Archived