Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hello from a Pats fan

Blah!Blah!Blah!

Welcome aboard!

Nice to see a level headed fan from another team. Mostly we get lame Cowboys fans.

Out of curiosity, what do you think about the Spygate situation?

Wow! A loaded question. Kind of like talking religion and politics. In a way I guess it is religion and politics at this point.

Obvioulsy I have no doubt that BB was filming and has been for a long time. I do think that he thought that he had a technicality around the rule (his interpretation) and the Commish said no F"N way does that fly.

With this being said once the story broke out Adam Schefter reported that at least 10 other teams were known to be filming and that the Colts have been doing it for years. Another panel said that you just have to look no further than Tony Dungy as the Colts are the masters. Jimmy Johnson came out a week or so ago and said that people have been doing it for 18 years and that he along with others were doing it.

Now it has been mentioned that the Jets and Packers were filming as well and then when BB turned over the tapes he turned over info regarding other teams methods etc. This would not surprise me at all and why I think the NFL wants this to go away. Letting everything get exposed (not just Pats) would be/is bad for the game. I think BB has done the right thing by keeping quiet accepting the blame and stating that is is a league issue and not brining others into it or pointing fingers.

The Pats were caught (I don't think really hiding it) and caused this to be put into the media and therefore should be punished. BB was wrong with having a camera on the sideline. That is against the rules. He is the one who got busted and should pay for it.

What is a bummer to us Pats fans (or me) Is that we are not the only ones doing it but the ones that got exposed and need to face the music. I don't care about the first round draft pick or the fines what bothers me is the whole negative image that we have created. For so long Us Pats fans were the laughing stock of the NFL. Hell we did not even know if we were going to have a team at some points.

I loved how you closed out that game against the pukes by craming the ball into the end zone for more points. That was just a kick to the nuts when they were down. A thing of beauty!

Btw if you're been a fan for close to 40 years and it says you're 38... how does that work?

38 is close to 40 in my mind. I guess that is why my dad is an accountant and not I.

Wow! A loaded question. Kind of like talking religion and politics. In a way I guess it is religion and politics at this point.

Obvioulsy I have no doubt that BB was filming and has been for a long time. I do think that he thought that he had a technicality around the rule (his interpretation) and the Commish said no F"N way does that fly.

With this being said once the story broke out Adam Schefter reported that at least 10 other teams were known to be filming and that the Colts have been doing it for years. Another panel said that you just have to look no further than Tony Dungy as the Colts are the masters. Jimmy Johnson came out a week or so ago and said that people have been doing it for 18 years and that he along with others were doing it.

Now it has been mentioned that the Jets and Packers were filming as well and then when BB turned over the tapes he turned over info regarding other teams methods etc. This would not surprise me at all and why I think the NFL wants this to go away. Letting everything get exposed (not just Pats) would be/is bad for the game. I think BB has done the right thing by keeping quiet accepting the blame and stating that is is a league issue and not brining others into it or pointing fingers.

The Pats were caught (I don't think really hiding it) and caused this to be put into the media and therefore should be punished. BB was wrong with having a camera on the sideline. That is against the rules. He is the one who got busted and should pay for it.

What is a bummer to us Pats fans (or me) Is that we are not the only ones doing it but the ones that got exposed and need to face the music. I don't care about the first round draft pick or the fines what bothers me is the whole negative image that we have created. For so long Us Pats fans were the laughing stock of the NFL. Hell we did not even know if we were going to have a team at some points.

I haven't read any stories about other teams doing this or being caught or suspected of doing it. Do you have any sources? Links?

Welcome to the board and good luck in every game save when you play the Skins :)

I loved how you closed out that game against the pukes by craming the ball into the end zone for more points. That was just a kick to the nuts when they were down. A thing of beauty!

Btw if you're been a fan for close to 40 years and it says you're 38... how does that work?

Considering he says his dad worked for the Pats, I'm guessing he's been a Pats fan his entire life of 38 years, which is actually "close to 40 years"

A nervous Pats fan? Pats fans are the only fans in the NFL that can have that "We'll kick your a55" mentality and get away with it.

I'll admit that I'm sick to death of hearing about you guys and am sick of you guys winning so much. But then again I was sick of the 49ers too. Its probably just envy.

Honestly, this game scares the crap out of me. While I think we will probably hold you to under 30, it would be a tad crazy to think we are going to put up more than you in your own house.

I am a homer, but I honestly think that if our Offensive line isn't totally depleted by the time we play the Patriots, that we have a good chance of beating them. I'd go as far as to say we match up better than Dallas would because we have both an offense (though Belichick is good at messing with young QBs heads) and a defense.

BTW, have we played the Patriots since 2003? I wonder if they still hold a grudge for us beating them that year. I remember seeing them on NFL network talking about that game for "America's Game"

BTW, have we played the Patriots since 2003? I wonder if they still hold a grudge for us beating them that year. I remember seeing them on NFL network talking about that game for "America's Game"

I think that was the last game they lost that season. Losing to a Redskin team led by Spurrier can be quite a wake up call.

Yes I have been a fan since the old days. My dad was an accountant for the Pats in the early seventies and we had season tix for about 30 years. As a little kid i remember many many cold Sundays sitting on the 50 yard line wrapped up in a sleeping bag watching the game in the snow or rain. I would not trade those days for anything. I currently live on the west coast and only make it to a couple of games a year.

...been to many games at the old Foxboro Stadium myself. Nothing like sitting on those aluminum bleachers in the freezing cold. :(

Two coldest days of my life were in that stadium...one was for a December game against the Vikings. Ever see a grown man cry and have the tears freeze right there in his eyeballs :)

The other time was a pre-season game in August against the Rams (my brother is a big fan). Had front row seats behind the Rams bench. We stayed in a hotel the night before the game and (stupid me) I only packed summer clothes. There was a monsoon that day and all the water ran down the steps and collected in the front row. I was drenched and literally standing in about 8 inches of water...only time I ever froze my ass off in August.

He's a SPY!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If we're going to beat the Pats, we will have to be at our absolute best that day.

...oh yea, and I'll also add my thanks for whipping up on the Cowboys. THANKS!!!

I realize our game is still a couple of weeks out but since I have been reading this board for a while now I decided to create an account and say HI along with "Holy Crap" that is one hell of a defense you guys are sporting.

Here is to a healthy game and may the better team win that day. :cheers:

NO! ... May the worse team win that day!

Great! Now are #1 #2 and starting tight end are out for the next couple of weeks. Not a good situation for us Pats fans to be in against the skins. Your pass defense is awesome and it looks like we may be doing alot of passing if the reports are accurate.:doh:

I didnt know Pat fans are so nice and not such homers, I know if I was a pat fan that I would circle a W for this game and bet the house on the game. I just cant bet againt my Redskins, or I would have bet every dime in my name (depending what the line is :D ). We have a banged up OL, a young QB and playing in NE. Your team is one of the best I have seen so far, EVER. Maybe one day my Redskins will be just as good, when they learn not to trade their draft picks away for has been over paid players.

This is a huge trap game for NE. Sure the Redskins are no push-over, but Everybody is already talking about NOV 4rth at INDY. If NE sleeps at all, we have a shot in this game and that just might give our team the confidence to start making some waves in the NFC. :point2sky

Archived