Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cowboys WR Patrick Crayton guarntees they will be in Superbowl

WVUforREDSKINS

Even if the pukes make it to the SB, which is the dumbest thing you can guarantee in week 6, you have shown just the margain of difference between you and the Pats. And even if it is the Colts that make it there, they arent far behind the Pats in total team domination.

The difference between the Pats and the NFC is mind-bottling.

Patrick Crayton just made it that much easier for any AFC team to get hyped up to play him. Dumbass has a few good games and suddenly he is speaking for the team...what a joke.

I bet the Pats is asking who in the hell is Patrick Crayton? :laugh:

tr1, you have been pretty consistant on this issue. If you go back to the "Portis guarantees NFC Championship Game" thread, you'll see that 90 percent of the comments were positive.

It's tempting to sip from the cup of prognostications, but the reality is, the no one knows what can really happen from week to week in the NFL...much less an entire season.

Our entire 2006 season was wrecked because of injuries...I hope it doesn't happen again.

But Crayton's proclamations after a humiliating defeat is just plain stupid...

I love Ron Woodson's (I believe thats his name) comment on NFL network after they showed Crayton talking about the superbowl "Who is this guy? He's had like 1 good game in his entire career. Shut up."

Seriously - he just dismissed the entire NFC as if the next 12 weeks were just a formality. Idiot. I can't wait until ST knocks him out of the game (if he even gets the ball)

I love Ron Woodson's (I believe thats his name) comment on NFL network after they showed Crayton talking about the superbowl "Who is this guy? He's had like 1 good game in his entire career. Shut up."

haha that hilarious.... i also remember when he was talking about ocho cinco's HOF jacket and said "if art monk isnt in, youre not close to being in"

Crayton should just STFU. For him to be even mentioning the Cowboys in the SB is just moronic at this time.

If the Boys & Pats were to meet in the SB, I really don't believe the Pats will remember or need comments from a back-up WR in week 6 to get them pumped up for the game. (I'd expect T. Gleen would have replaced him as a starter by then.)

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story;jsessionid=5303B890209D1B0CFE56D7E438A5B9F7?id=09000d5d8035a479&template=with-video&confirm=true

Game of the Century? It is what it is

Some Game of the Century, huh?

Despite the Original 81's warning for all of us media folk to have our popcorn ready for Sunday's showdown with New England, the Other 81 and the rest of the Patriots left the Cowboys in the same state they seem to leave every opponent these days: utterly despondent, slightly demoralized and muttering to anyone who will listen about a rematch down the road.

"I told my coach [sunday], 'If they make it to Arizona, we will see them again,'" Dallas wide receiver Patrick Crayton said Monday, stressing the "they" - as in the 6-0 rampaging Patriots. "If they make it to Arizona, we will see them again. Seriously, I'm not backing down from that statement."

Well, then, if we're being serious, perhaps someone needs to inform young Crayton that, in statement games, statements should be made, you know, within the actual game. I guess that someone is your humble narrator. Someone who goes from a seventh-round draft choice out of Northwestern Oklahoma State to the No. 2 receiver behind Terrell Owens, as Crayton has done in just four short years, has a right to feel ****y. But still, shouldn't he check himself here? Alas, he wasn't finished, saying the New England defense only stopped Dallas "when we had penalties. If that's stopping us, it is what it is. But they're definitely not the real deal."

Well, at least he gets points for dropping an "it is what it is" on us. You will always get points around here using that in the form of a sentence. Even if you're making very little sense.

Now I must admit I write this week's blog with a bit of trepidation because I know that many of you out there in The Readership grew tired last week of the hype-fest over the Patriots-Cowboys clash.

I love it.

Somebody needs to spark a light under this teams butt after the last two weeks of playing. This week we are in need of a huge win. 6-1 at the bye would be clutch for us.

Some of the actions from the Pats though, would've pissed me off as a player. The imitating eating popcorn and some see as running up the score and some don't. But as a player, I would be mad.

Crayton is a very prideful guy, so if he is standing up speaking out I hope the team follows him.

The Patriots aren't usually like that, but maybe if TO hadn't have opened his mouth, they wouldn't have broke out the Orville Reddenbacher. At least they didn't throw the ball for the last TD. Looks like they wanted to get a career backup a score.

I'll give you that. His comments are about 100 times worse than preseason proclamations where many players talk about their team being a playoff/SB team.

I don't mind preseason talk. If you don't have confidence in your team during the preseason, why play the season? I think all teams and players go into every year thinking it's their year, but then the cold reality of the regular season smacks them in the face.

haha that hilarious.... i also remember when he was talking about ocho cinco's HOF jacket and said "if art monk isnt in, youre not close to being in"

Seriously - he just dismissed the entire NFC as if the next 12 weeks were just a formality. Idiot. I can't wait until ST knocks him out of the game (if he even gets the ball)

Rod Woodson is the best Ex-Jock they have on that show. The man knows his stuff!

The Patriots aren't usually like that, but maybe if TO hadn't have opened his mouth, they wouldn't have broke out the Orville Reddenbacher. At least they didn't throw the ball for the last TD. Looks like they wanted to get a career backup a score.

True.

But it just takes me back to them doing the Shawne Merriman dance on the Chargers 50 yard line after the win.

• 2 months later...

Archived