Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We play that bad against #2 NFC team and are still in it?

skinsngibbs4life

I know a lot of people are disgruntled about the loss, and they should be. Our offense seemed non-existent, we made stupid mistakes all game, and we couldnt get anything in the endzone.

However, for as bad as we played, we were still very much in a game against what probably is the #2 team in the NFC.

Bad games are going to happen. We were playing in rainy conditions in a very tough stadium. Tell me, how times have you ever seen Santana Moss have a 3 drop game? How many times have you seen him fumble before?

While this was a hue loss for us, the fact is it is only one game. We have the #3 ranked defense in the league... We will win games.

we were still very much in a game against what probably is the #2 team in the NFC.

But Ditka said we were the #2 team. J/K

On a serious note, the loss did sting a bit, but we did hang with one of the better teams in the NFC. We just need to learn to turn those close games into victories.

But Ditka said we were the #2 team. J/K

On a serious note, the loss did sting a bit, but we did hang with one of the better teams in the NFC. We just need to learn to turn those close games into victories.

We not only hung with them, we beat them in every aspect of the game. The reason we lost: drops, which is something that cannot happen again.

We not only hung with them, we beat them in every aspect of the game. The reason we lost: drops, which is something that cannot happen again.

I completely agree. Hopefully we can learn from our mistakes and the next time we're in a close game our players will rise to the ocassion.

you can't say well, we played against the 2nd best team in the nfc and it was bad weather...we played well enough to win and the condition didn't bother us...it's football weather, you have to win road games...offense can't make that many mistakes...remember, we are about to hit the tough stretch of our schedule playing 5 road games out of the next 7...santana has been dropping about 2-3 passes per game this season...it's only one game, but how many times is it going to "only one game"...we only play 16 games and each game counts...we gave away 2 W's, 5-0 sounds so much better than 3-2

Totally agree. We dominated that team and if it weren't for all of the dropped passes and TO's we would have won about 34-10. They have one of the best pass offenses in the league and our D held them to 10 points. How many times were we in GB territory that we should have at least come away w/ a FG if not a TD, at least 5. We need to stop beating ourselves. We will take it out on Rattay and the Cards this week: Redskins 31 Cardinals 10.

you can't say well, we played against the 2nd best team in the nfc and it was bad weather...we played well enough to win and the condition didn't bother us...it's football weather, you have to win road games...offense can't make that many mistakes...remember, we are about to hit the tough stretch of our schedule playing 5 road games out of the next 7...santana has been dropping about 2-3 passes per game this season...it's only one game, but how many times is it going to "only one game"...we only play 16 games and each game counts...we gave away 2 W's, 5-0 sounds so much better than 3-2

Point being, we played HORRIBLE against a top team in the NFC. What does that mean? We can compete in this division. These fluke games only happen a few times during the season.

We squandered pretty much every oppurtunity that camre our way, and still had a chance at the end of the game to tie it up? Im just not too worried 5 games in

While I agree with everything you say,I just hope that these 2 games(G-men) don't come back to bite us in the ***.

And that is the only thing that has me worried. Our two losses have come against teams that will probably make the playoffs.

The only thing we can hope for is that we beat the giants in the meadowlands ( :( ) and hope that the pakcers win the north. If we do both of this, these two losses will just be L's on our schedule

What's annoying about the loss is that Greenbay fans, on their forums, give our team little credit. All they talked about were the refs trying to rip off the Packers with bad calls, and how their defense "dominated" the 'Skins in the second half. No mention of the dropped passes, Campbell's play, and few mentions of our defense. (And when the do mention the 'Skins defense, it is only to say that they won against our defense and to act is if their offense was performing against it.)

That is what sucks about loses: Everything else is forgotten.

I know a lot of people are disgruntled about the loss, and they should be. Our offense seemed non-existent, we made stupid mistakes all game, and we couldnt get anything in the endzone.

However, for as bad as we played, we were still very much in a game against what probably is the #2 team in the NFC.

Bad games are going to happen. We were playing in rainy conditions in a very tough stadium. Tell me, how times have you ever seen Santana Moss have a 3 drop game? How many times have you seen him fumble before?

While this was a hue loss for us, the fact is it is only one game. We have the #3 ranked defense in the league... We will win games.

Before this game I thought we would beat them down.

After the loss, I realized that we were up agaist a tall order.

Packers where coming of a loss at home and we just caught them at a bad time. It was tuff to go up to lambo and give them another loss.

But we should have won. we had chances to still one and we did'nt

What's annoying about the loss is that Greenbay fans, on their forums, give our team little credit. All they talked about were the refs trying to rip off the Packers with bad calls, and how their defense "dominated" the 'Skins in the second half. No mention of the dropped passes, Campbell's play, and few mentions of our defense. (And when the do mention the 'Skins defense, it is only to say that they won against our defense and to act is if their offense was performing against it.)

That is what sucks about loses: Everything else is forgotten.

Well this packer fan at my job told me " you guys have a great team and a AWSOM D" He said that the Skins and Packers will play again in the playoffs.

Yeah we made mistakes, which we should know better, but the offensive line was decimated in that game. We couldnt keep Campbell upright and give him the time to pick apart the Pack D like we would have wanted to. Lets face it, if we had a fully healthy line right now, wed probably be 5-0 right now, and the talk of the NFL.

Archived