Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

so far we are one dimentional team

bertoskins

We are going to beat the **** out of the Cardinals. I guarantee that.

Then we're going to come out and play flat and half-assed against the Pats and get blown out. Not because the Pats are the best team in the league right now but because we play with heart and fire after losses but get confident too quickly and lose that drive and motivation.

The Patriots aren't unbeatable. We have a championship-caliber defense that can shut down their offense at FedEx at Foxboro, wherever. But we need the offense to come out and play with fire and play with heart like we're already in the playoffs and we can't lost another game.

You can see it on the field when we're hungry and playing with purpose, look at the Lions game, look at the Philly game. We played with a fire under our asses in those games and then got content against the Giants.

So what happened? We got sick of all of the criticism and came out and blew Detroit out of the water. What happened next? We got content and didn't play with that same fire at Green Bay.

Let's smoke the Cards and play every game like it's our last.

I would say that we could succeed for now being a one dimensional team like the ravens but the huge difference is that our D doesnt score points like theirs does or used to.

Our D is stingy in giving up points and yards, but not in getting points so far.

Until we get some linemen back, until Campbell gets comfortable, until Moss starts playing like a #1 WR and until our running game truly gets going ... we are going to be leaning on our defense. Hopefully most or all of those things will straighten themselves out over time, and we manage to win some games in the meantime.

Until we get some linemen back, until Campbell gets comfortable, until Moss starts playing like a #1 WR and until our running game truly gets going ... we are going to be leaning on our defense. Hopefully most or all of those things will straighten themselves out over time, and we manage to win some games in the meantime.
All we can do is hope!!!:(

What does "dimentional" mean? I'm not following you. Are you saying one player on the team has "dementia?"

If you mean "dimensional," when you compare our team to the 2001 Ravens, the analogy is still weak. The Redskins offense is currently 16th in the NFL. I don't know for sure, but the Ravens offense seemed a lot worse than that. Also, our Specail Teams has been stellar. So, I'd say we're more like 2 1/2 "dimensional" than one.

This has been the story ever since Gibbs came back. Either we are leaning on the defense, or leaning on the offense.

i don't think we are one demensional just yet because i don't think teams can simply dismiss our running game. for example, even with all the injuries to the line, if a team was to completely ignore our running game like we did detroit, i think we would be effective. our running game can certainly be stopped, but i don't think we are one demensional because our running game still deserves some attention. i could be wrong though.

if we are its because the coaches choose to be. This team has the potential to be a triple threat, great defense, potent running and passing. It just has to come together. the defense is already there. but i dont know if the passing will open up the run or vice versa

The offense is playing badly, not exactly. They are just making too many mistakes. And the injuries certainly dont help...

But as far as the schemes go, I think they are working. We are getting people open, we just need to put it all together. (And get the OL healthy, the offense wont be going anywhere if that doesnt get fixed)

Second place is first loser.

Almost doesn't matter.

And so on.

I love Gregg Williams' defense and all, but his comment last year about how the defense was a few plays away from being an elite defense just made me roll my eyes. In the same way, I'm just going to roll my eyes about the offense being a few plays away.

No more excuses for the past. Just execute in the future.

Then we're going to come out and play flat and half-assed against the Pats and get blown out. Not because the Pats are the best team in the league right now but because we play with heart and fire after losses but get confident too quickly and lose that drive and motivation.

Any rationale for this? The Pats aren't the Packers. We play best when we're underdogs, and we are the definition of said going into that game. It's more likely that we play like garbage in the Cards game.

Any rationale for this? The Pats aren't the Packers. We play best when we're underdogs, and we are the definition of said going into that game. It's more likely that we play like garbage in the Cards game.

Did you read my post? Because it seems we play hard after embarassing losses and put it in cruise control after big-time wins.

Archived