Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TRPB week 6 power rankings

TonyRomoProBowl

Hey i know, but i am starting to buy into that hype. The Bucs play great Def and stay in games and find ways to win. The top 5 teams are just very close and if Philly starts to roll, the NFCE will be by far the best division and could have 3 teams again in the playoffs.

TRPB, I would of put the Giants over Tampa. :2cents:

TRPB, I would of put the Giants over Tampa. :2cents:

well thats debateable, but i can see your point. Hell it was me that once picked the Giants (preseason) to win the division and i was laughed at, and by week 2 i was also scratching my head at what the heck i was thinking....but the Giants have lost to the two best teams in the NFC (GB and Dallas) and have beaten good teams like Washington and Philly. So yes i can see them ahead of Tampa, but i was buying into the Tampa Bay hype all week.

well thats debateable, but i can see your point. Hell it was me that once picked the Giants (preseason) to win the division and i was laughed at, and by week 2 i was also scratching my head at what the heck i was thinking....but the Giants have lost to the two best teams in the NFC (GB and Dallas) and have beaten good teams like Washington and Philly. So yes i can see them ahead of Tampa, but i was buying into the Tampa Bay hype all week.

The Redskins are better then Tampa, and they are every bit as good as Green Bay. You can't tell me Green Bay really proved they are better then the Redskins on Sunday, can you?

Doesn't seem unreasonable to me. We lost to Green Bay plain and simple. We have a worse record and the only teams above us either have better records or are teams we lost to. I suppose Tampa is debatable after they lost Williams, but that would be splitting hairs. Best one yet TRPB.

The Redskins are better then Tampa, and they are every bit as good as Green Bay. You can't tell me Green Bay really proved they are better then the Redskins on Sunday, can you?

Wait, did I miss something? Did the Skins win that game? So in the win the Packers proved to be "not" as good as the Skins? I agree that it was a good close game and that the skins D played well, but come on.......they won.

So should the skins be #2?

Doesn't seem unreasonable to me. We lost to Green Bay plain and simple. We have a worse record and the only teams above us either have better records or are teams we lost to. I suppose Tampa is debatable after they lost Williams, but that would be splitting hairs. Best one yet TRPB.

thanks Bird, the teams that are most difficult this week to rank are: Carolina, Tampa and Arizona.

Wait, did I miss something? Did the Skins win that game? So in the win the Packers proved to be "not" as good as the Skins? I agree that it was a good close game and that the skins D played well, but come on.......they won.

So should the skins be #2?

Yes, you did miss something. I said the Skins were as good, not better:

Well can you honestly say Green Bay is that much better then the Redskins?

Despite the skins losing to GB, they were obviously FAR better than GB. GB is maybe the 3rd best in the NFC, tops...

The NFC is all half-teams.

The Cowboys have a good offense, and mediocre defense. The Redskins have a phenominal defense and a mediocre offense. The Packers are decent, but not great on defense, but have a good passing game, but no running game at all.

Yes, you did miss something. I said the Skins were as good, not better:

yes, they beat them, therefore they are BETTER. (for the week)

The NFC is all half-teams.

The Cowboys have a good offense, and mediocre defense. The Redskins have a phenominal defense and a mediocre offense. The Packers are decent, but not great on defense, but have a good passing game, but no running game at all.

good points across, but if your going to call the skins D phenominal then you would have to call the Dallas Off phenominal.

Yeah, this are actually pretty accurate. Hate to say it, but I'd move the Boys above the Pack. Tampa down to 5. I think the Skins are a much better team than the Giants but there's imply not going to be justification for that until the Skins beat them in the rematch. I think the Skins are better than GB too but again, a loss is a loss. So, the facts say to me:

Boys

Pack

Giants

Skins

Tampa

But I think as the season goes on, it'll be more like:

Boys

Skins

Pack

Giants

Tampa

Below those five it doesn't really matter, they all suck.

I've actually enjoyed TRPB's weekly rankings. With a few switches here and there, I think he's been pretty fair. Last week he had us at #3, so to drop 2 spots isn't bad. I wouldn't say we're better than GB (5-1 vs 3-2), but we're just as competative and if we meet them again if both teams make the playoffs, it would be another nail biter.

I've actually enjoyed TRPB's weekly rankings. With a few switches here and there, I think he's been pretty fair. Last week he had us at #3, so to drop 2 spots isn't bad. I wouldn't say we're better than GB (5-1 vs 3-2), but we're just as competative and if we meet them again if both teams make the playoffs, it would be another nail biter.

your right, and look at it this way, in December when its cold and windy.......you need a running game which GB dont have and The skins do....even with nobody's blocking. The Skins > GB in December. I just think right now going week to week, GB is better and i put them tied with Dallas, because Dallas got absolutly man handled at home while the Pack beat a good team in the skins. :2cents:

Archived