Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Norv Never Left

RF4L

The ghost of Norv and the Norvitus syndrome is still haunting us, I'm afraid.:( We can't break free.

One step forward then two back. Blow out Detroit, then snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory against the Pack, taking a 14-7 lead into the locker room. In the second half, everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. Our man Santana was so curse-struck that he bailed.

This, after beating the Eagles on the road on MNF, then gagging against the Giants after leading 17-3.

What we need is an exorcist, and a beat down of the freaking Cards. Unless of course, Boomer plays. In which case we're toast.

Thanks, Norv. :mad:

The Giants game was Norvitis.

This game was just horrible luck. We had 4 turnovers, 1 for a TD, and a shanked punt that gave them the ball at midfield, which led to a field goal. There's 10 of their 17 points right there.

More than anything, they need to turn on the sprinklers during practice and learn to play in the wet. Green Bay was ready for it. We definitely weren't.

:laugh:

I've always said that we're still trying to get the stench of Norv Turner out of the locker room.

Maybe the only way is to build another Redskins Park and then just burn down FedEx and move back to RFK. :whoknows:

Or Smoot needs to perform a full on exorcism. Don't know why I picked Smoot, but I think he would be the funniest.

The ghost of Norv and the Norvitus syndrome is still haunting us, I'm afraid.:( We can't break free.

One step forward then two back. Blow out Detroit, then snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory against the Pack, taking a 14-7 lead into the locker room. In the second half, everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. Our man Santana was so curse-struck that he bailed.

This, after beating the Eagles on the road on MNF, then gagging against the Giants after leading 17-3.

What we need is an exorcist, and a beat down of the freaking Cards. Unless of course, Boomer plays. In which case we're toast.

Thanks, Norv. :mad:

See why did you have to go and do that mention Boomer. I still have nightmares that game he threw for 522 yds and won :mad:.

Norv's curse was that even with superior talent, we'd always find a way to lose eventually.

Going into 4-1 Green Bay, losing three offensive linemen, and losing by three points isn't Norvitis.

The Giant game ... well yeah, that one was a Norv-worthy game.

I have been Norvous a few times this year, and both the Giants and Packers games did seem like classic second half Norvitis collapses. Gibbs is trying to fumigate the team of Norval, but it has been tough so far.

BTW, for those that don't remember, one of Norv's "hallmark" coaching styles was to lose winnable games. In fact, I believe Norv Turner is one of the most losing coaches when it comes to close games.

See why did you have to go and do that mention Boomer. I still have nightmares that game he threw for 522 yds and won :mad:.

The best seats that I've ever had for a Redskins game was that very game in RFK on the 40 yard line, lower level. :doh: The horror, the horror.

Archived