Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFC East Final standings

andyburd

All I have to say is a couple weeks ago everyone was sure that the Giants would end up in last place in the NFC East and now I'm hearing they may end up in 1st or 2nd. Seriously, why do people insist on doing this? Wait for the season to break in! There is no reason for people, especially fans, to place the Skins finishing at 3rd place in the NFC East at this point of the season. We had a couple of bad games, BIG DEAL. I smell a big fat #1 and for good reason unlike all you number 3 people out there pretty much just pissed because we lost 2 games. Puuuuuulease.

are the giants REALLY that good? in their 4-game winning stretch, they havent really played any good teams other than the skins.

The Giants are the only team with a winning record whose opponents have a combined winning record.

The only team in the entire NFL.

Granted it's still relatively early in the season, but that's saying something.

I know itis early and there is quite a bit of season left but the way the Cowboys and Giants are playing I think it is realistic to think third place is where we will finish in the standings.

I know the Homers will bash me but the Giants schedule and our injuries do not look great.

What is your relistic prediction?

Ok, and who in the NFC has either team played that's legit?? Yea, the giants beat us with a second half comeback, and should've still lost the game.. But that's it!! The giants beat the jets, falcons, eagles(at home) , and us.The only legit win is against the Skins. Dallas has beaten, bills, giants, St.Louis, Miami, chicago. The only legit team there is the giants..

So for anyone to draw conclusions this early about the NFC East would be a waist of time. We know absolutely nothing about these teams yet.

So we have a Giants fan here at work who went to the MNF game and he'll return tomorrow. He will make a big deal out of this and have everyone believe that his team is in 2nd place because they beat a good team.

I agree that the Giants are a good team, but we almost beat them. And if it wasn't for poor execution in that game we would be 4-1 right now. I just REALLY don't want to here his mouth tomorrow. God, if only we could be 4-1. I still believe we can make a run to the playoffs, but I'm so disappointed in the play of Portis and Moss that I want to forget the weekend and look toward the Cards game. Problem with that is what is going to happen with our injuries along the O'line.

Remember...

The season is 16 games long. There are 11 games left.

Injuries now don't necessarily mean injuries in December.

The Redskins NEED to win as many division games as possible. The Redskins are 1-1 in their division.

The loss to the Giants at home was bad because they still need to play the Giants at the Meadowlands.

The 1995 when they went to the playoffs, they were 5-1 in the division. Last season they were 1-5.

They cannot go less than 50% in their division. They need to sweep Philly, because they will probably get swept by the Giants.

Of they can go 3-3 in their division, they might get a wildcard spot.

What a bunch of BS. With our D and JC getting better and better I know we will be fighing for 1st place. Sure the injuries are a problem but I think they are not severe enought to stop us. Our D IMO is the best in the league right now and only getting better as Smoot, Landry, Rocky are getting better each game. You guys think the boys have what it takes? Did you see the Bills game? I am not sold on the Giants either. The Jets kept it close and they beat us because we were stupid enough to sit on a lead.

With Moss dropping balls and Portis fumbling and the injuries piling up I will be thrilled to see us win 9 games this year. We have given TWO games away. We will take atleast 3 beatings (not sure where but they will come) this year and then the rest of the games are up for grabs. I see us winning another game we shouldnt win and I see us losing somewhere where we shouldnt lose (Jets/Cards/Bills/Vikes perhaps).

I think we are a 9-7 team and where that puts it so be it.

2nd or 1st, The giants didn't beat the skins, the skins lost the game and green bay due to dumb mistakes. This team can compete with any team in the NFC and be first in the NFC barring more injuries. 2 loses is not enough to hand yourself on.

The team has the talent to win the division and get a first round bye. The problem is the line.

I think we'll see the true character of this team when it plays the Patriots, because who better to compare oneself than to the best?

Cowgirls 8-8?? They lost to the mighty pats, which we all do, and all of a sudden they only win three more games??

Gints are for real. I am sorry but we woke up a giant in that game. While iggles and us will get clubbed in NE,Gints might be able to steal one in Week 17 if pats decide to rest starters.

I think Gints/cowbirls will battle for No.1 and we will get in as a 6th seed (9-7).

For us, i think it is 2005 again.

Our remaing schedule:

Sure Win: Cards, Bills 2-0

Sure Loss: at Pats 0-1

50-50: all NFC east games: four more. (at NY, girls twice, iggles) 2-2

The unpredictable: at Vikes, at bucs, at Jets, Bears. Really depend on what these teams are up to. e.g. If Vikes are out of playoff, we could win in MN. ...Let say we split these four games as well. 2-2.

Finaly record: 9-7.

Pessimists beware. We WILL win the NFC East write it down, bank on it. its going to Happen. We will go on a tear, and win maybe based on a tie breaker over Dallas and NY

No offense, but this has been written down so many times in the last few years that my notebook is full. In my opinion, statements like this are nothing but blind optimism.

Archived