Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Delegates/Senators...ashamed of their parties?

Spaceman Spiff

I've noticed this year (and in recent years) that many candidates running for office on the local and state level are leaving their party affiliations out of their TV commercials and their signs that litter every median on highways and streets in the area.

Maybe it's just me, but I remember 10-15 years ago people would also have "Democrat" or "Republican" on their signs and in their commercials.

Now, it seems like they don't even want to admit to being a part of either party...

Has anyone else noticed this? Why are they doing this?

I've noticed this year (and in recent years) that many candidates running for office on the local and state level are leaving their party affiliations out of their TV commercials and their signs that litter every median on highways and streets in the area.

Maybe it's just me, but I remember 10-15 years ago people would also have "Democrat" or "Republican" on their signs and in their commercials.

Now, it seems like they don't even want to admit to being a part of either party...

Has anyone else noticed this? Why are they doing this?

We are studying this in our state gov. class, but I can't really remember 100% what my proffessor said it was about. I think it has something to do with the attacks from the opposing parties coming so heavily. If you remember the last election there was such a heavy attack on the Republican party trying to make a huge connection with President Bush and every Republican. My guess is they are seeing a trend towards people not being happy with their political parties and are trying to show they are in the middle.

Makes sense to me. Both parties have betrayed the people they promised to represent. Too much corruption. Too much arrogance. Too many compromises. We managed to get rid of a bunch of em last time, but still have a grid-locked, broken system. Or at least a system in need of major repair.

Archived