Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why I'm so MAD at this loss....

Stuckinphilly1

The Giants loss hurt, we should've won and did some stupid things. This loss really pisses me off!!! This was a game that Gibbs should've had the team playing at it's very best, with all the heart they have. I would've been fine with a let down loss to the Cards next week if we would won this game, here's why...

We played at the famed "Lambeau Field" against a 4-1 CONFERENCE opponent, it would've made a statement that we're for real but a million times more important than that, GB now holds the tie breaker against us for the playoffs when we showed we could beat them, instead we beat ourselves!!!

They should've expected a Dallas loss, and likely Philly and Giant wins. They could've taken a step closer to winning the Division and not have to worry about the Wild Card, and stayed a game ahead of the rest of the Division.

So a game where Gibbs should've rallied the troops they fell on their face on a National Stage.

Just my 2 cents.

To me, the Giants loss hurt way more than this, simply because we were consistent in what we did this time. In the Giants loss, it seemed like when Gibbs took over playcalling, we were playing to lose. In this loss to GB, we were playing to win, but the drops hurt us. I was also very impressed with JC, because the problems he had earlier in the season (inaccurate short throws and reading defenses) seem to be going away week by week, and he is developing into one of the best QBs in the NFL right before our very eyes. I sincerely think that this performance against GB was more impressive than his performance against the Lions, especially considering how good GB's defense is. I'm actually pretty happy considering we lost, which is peculiar because usually my apartment is trashed when we lose, but this time it's quite tidy.

Expected a Dallas loss? Never..I always think we can beat them..no matter what..:D But I digress...I haven't taken a loss like this in a long time. It was really a big disappointment for me yesterday. I had high hopes and we could have won and should have won. I don't think Green Bay beat us...We beat ourselves(again). I was totally devastated by this loss. It has been awhile since I've felt this way after a loss. I guess b/c I really know what kind of team we have on the field...we are better than this! I was just at a loss after this game. After awhile you become immune...and then you have a glimmer of hope shining in your heart only to have it snatched away by sloppy, poor execution.:( I'm hoping we'll come back and open up a can of whoop ass on AZ!

The Giants loss hurt, we should've won and did some stupid things. This loss really pisses me off!!! This was a game that Gibbs should've had the team playing at it's very best, with all the heart they have. I would've been fine with a let down loss to the Cards next week if we would won this game, here's why...

We played at the famed "Lambeau Field" against a 4-1 CONFERENCE opponent, it would've made a statement that we're for real but a million times more important than that, GB now holds the tie breaker against us for the playoffs when we showed we could beat them, instead we beat ourselves!!!

They should've expected a Dallas loss, and likely Philly and Giant wins. They could've taken a step closer to winning the Division and not have to worry about the Wild Card, and stayed a game ahead of the rest of the Division.

So a game where Gibbs should've rallied the troops they fell on their face on a National Stage.

Just my 2 cents.

I agree 100%

I said this before. This team CAN BE A GREAT TEAM but, They are not ready for prime time.

Most of the time when we have a prime time game or a game that is very important, that could prove to the USA or get a a step closer............WE CHOKE.

Why? I think when this team gets LOVE they start smelling themselves.

When this team is doged and talked about or when the whole world is against them................They play great.

I knew when People said that JC had and interview on FOX, I said oh S***.:doh:

When everybody was picking us to win I said oh S***:doh:

This team cannot handle succsess.

So Gibbs was out there dropping INT's and receptions? Get real, Gibbs had nothing to do with the loss.

This statement is basically talking :pooh: about ST. I really don't understand how that is possible after. He had 2 picks and FF yesterday. On top of his 3 or for PDef. Then again I really don't understand half of you fans. I guess the guy needs to have 5 picks a game to make you happy.:doh:

I agree 100%

I said this before. This team CAN BE A GREAT TEAM but, They are not ready for prime time.

Most of the time when we have a prime time game or a game that is very important, that could prove to the USA or get a a step closer............WE CHOKE.

Why? I think when this team gets LOVE they start smelling themselves.

When this team is doged and talked about or when the whole world is against them................They play great.

I knew when People said that JC had and interview on FOX, I said oh S***.:doh:

When everybody was picking us to win I said oh S***:doh:

This team cannot handle succsess.

I'm disappointed in what happened yesterday and with the Giants game but believe it or not, we're making progress towards being a playoff caliber team. Think about it. JC is stepping up. Our D is stout. We need to make more plays, cut down on the dumb turnovers and limit the dropped catchable balls. For me, I'm just trying to remain patient and cautiously optimist that as each game goes by, we continue to learn from our mistakes and grow as a team. Don't get me wrong, I feel the pain of every loss! I've been an avid fan for 30+ years. I try to use the 24 hour rule although it isn't easy. What concerns me the most now is the health of Santana and our offensive line.

Next up: Cardinals.....HTTR!!!

Expected a Dallas loss? Never..I always think we can beat them..no matter what..:D But I digress...I haven't taken a loss like this in a long time. It was really a big disappointment for me yesterday. I had high hopes and we could have won and should have won. I don't think Green Bay beat us...We beat ourselves(again). I was totally devastated by this loss. It has been awhile since I've felt this way after a loss. I guess b/c I really know what kind of team we have on the field...we are better than this! I was just at a loss after this game. After awhile you become immune...and then you have a glimmer of hope shining in your heart only to have it snatched away by sloppy, poor execution.:( I'm hoping we'll come back and open up a can of whoop ass on AZ!
I'm not sure, but I think that he meant Dallas losing to New England.
stfu,this is a fan site where people can get these things off they're chest,we don't need a smart ass to post some stupid reply...
Boowahahaha :laugh:

This statement is basically talking :pooh: about ST. I really don't understand how that is possible after. He had 2 picks and FF yesterday. On top of his 3 or for PDef. Then again I really don't understand half of you fans. I guess the guy needs to have 5 picks a game to make you happy.:doh:
So, by "you fans" are you implying that you are a seperate and different type of fan from most?

this type of loss has been happening for years.... skins coming off an impressive win, get a little media hype, and a chance to build something special.... and then they lose

maybe that's why I'm just accepting this loss.... we should be used to this by now

So, by "you fans" are you implying that you are a seperate and different type of fan from most?

I'm not sitting hear talking about a player that gave us many chances to when. So yeah I am different, ST was good yesterday damn good. For people to run there mouth about him means you didn't see him shut down Brett Farve.

I'm not sitting hear talking about a player that gave us many chances to when. So yeah I am different, ST was good yesterday damn good. For people to run there mouth about him means you didn't see him shut down Brett Farve.
You are no different than anybody else who loves the Redskins my man.

You made a knee jerk reaction comment to one members comment that didn't even include Sean Taylor's name. In case you haven't noticed, there are about three or four different threads that have been started here praising our gifted FS's game yesterday.

If you think catching 2/5 balls that land in your hands is good then you are pretty easy to please. Those two INT's ST had were TERRIBLE and I mean TERRIBLE throws by Favre. He had WR's open down the sideline for easy TD's and overthrew them so bad that they had to come to a dead stop and wait for the ball.

I love ST, but he's gotta catch those INT's that are in his hand.

This one pissed me off more than the Giants game. At least Manning did something to bring them back into the game. It was the worst 2 quarters from our D so far (Giants game). Favre had 2 INT's and his recievers were hardly connecting thruout the game. Their D was doing a good job of getting to Campbell in the last quarter, but it wasn't enough to stop us from at least getting in FG range to tie it up if we had executed better. And except for that bad tackle attempt from Rogers, our D played another great game thruout.

Just my 2 cents.

So, what you're basically saying is that you'd rather us lose to a crappy team at home than a good one on the road, simply because they're conference opponent (as are the Giants and Cardinals). :rubeyes:

Get over your love affair. He dropped 2 int's that hit him square in the hands. So yes. If he has 5 balls that hit him in the hands, I expect him to have 5 int's. WTF is wrong with expecting that from your star safety? He certainly didn't lose this game for us, but those extra turnovers definitely would have helped.

This is the same old redskins team from forever now ... I wasnt as pissed about this loss than the Giants loss because like someone said earlier, that Giants game we came out playing NOT to lose the lead. This game we just didnt execute. Didnt do JACK!!

Has anyone else noticed how AWESOME we look on offense in the first half of EVERY SINGLE GAME?? but then come out looking like GARBAGE in the 2nd half of EVERY SINGLE GAME?? Is that a coincidence? what arent the coaches doing at halftime??? I've gotten used to this scenario for way too long now and it just sucks!!!!

Next week we will destroy the cards, then lose in a real close game to the pats, get all this attention that we are a good team, we are legit, then we will lose to the jets. Chalk it up, thats what will happen.

i dont think this loss had anything to do with us not being up for the game. i think we played a lot harder the GB. i think the loss was due to stupid but correctable mistakes by some of our best players and horrible injuries. we will get it right i just hope we heel up.

I have never seen so many dropped balls.

The last couple of years, Santana Moss didn't seem to ever drop a ball.

Now I'm almost certain he's going to drop them.

Portis fumble? No way! :doh:

Randle El, he's money throw it to him :doh:

I'm hoping it was the rain, but haven't these guys played in the rain before?

To me, that was the main problem, but there were definitely other problems as well.

Wow, groundbreaking.

:rolleyes:

Sorry, not a SI sports writer, just a die hard Skins fan voicing my anger at a game we gave away....

I also want to see Jason get Playoff Experience THIS YEAR, the Pats should obviously win it all but historically 1st year QB's lose their first PO game so lets get it out of the way now. The Wild Card, in this horrible NFC, looks like it will be a dog fight the way the season has gone so far. Here's the teams and their records that could all be in contention....

Giants, probably 4-2 tonight

Panters, 4-2

Cards/Seahawks both 3-3

Eagles 2-3 (wouldn't count them out yet)

Lions possible at 3-2 if you want to look at us as a PO team.

I guess my question, and what angered me the most, is whether or not the team slacked off or did they play with heart and leave it all on the field??? I didn't get to see the game, only the highlights, but again the bottom line is that losing the Giants game tore our hearts out...this loss just completely pissed me off.

Archived