Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The NFC sucks.....We have as good a chance as any team to make it to the SB

Lombardi's_kid_brother

Obviously, it is way too early to start thinking about January. But I am going to start thinking about January.

The NFC is bad. Very very bad indeed. And, I think 9-7 may get a team in this year.

Hear me out:

Dallas and Green Bay look to be the class of the conference, and both are deeply flawed. But, screw it, let's assume they win their divisions.

Somebody has to win the South and West. These are the rules even though all 8 teams in those divisions are lousy. I refuse to believe that either division is going to produce a wild card team. The four "eh" teams are TB, Carolina, Seattle and Arizona. Carolina and Arizona have David Carr, Kurt Warner, Vinny Testaverde, and Tim Rattay as their QB options. That's alarming.

The Bucs can't score. Seattle just got embarrassed in back to back weeks.

So...okay...two playoff teams there.

The North's other "contenders" are the Lions and Vikings. And both are terrible football teams. (I am burying the Bears now, thanks. Brian Griese is not going to lead anyone out of the basement).

So, that means the two wild cards are coming out of the East again. And 8-8 or 9-7 might do it.

So...yea...there aren't really any "must win" games until we get back into division matchups again.

By the way, the AFC is worse at the bottom than the NFC. The bad AFC teams are possibly the worst football teams in the history of organized sports.

But the four division winners will probably be NE, Indy, Pittsburgh, and - hell - San Diego. And all four of them are more than respectable.

good post. If our Skins can just play solid, mistake free football for the rest of the year, we will finish 10-6 at the least. Especially w/ our D playing the way it is. We easily have the best D in football right now. Or at least in the NFC. and our O has some things that need fixing, dropped balls, injuries (ughhh) and consistency in scoring POINTS! I'm sure that we will get back to playing good football. Campbell's been solid all season and if he continues to play the way he is, we will def. be a great team down the stretch. Hell we might even win the division.

All it is going to take for sure is 9-7 to get into the playoffs, with the way our D is playing and the continued development of Jason I see no reason why we cannot win 10-11 games but we have to learn how to win these close ones because we are giving them away.

Absolutely true that the NFC is weak.

I will say that I was surprised to agree with the NFL Blitz guys today, because they said it's very unclear who is second in the NFC. The Cowboys are unfortunately the best - they have the best balance in terms of balanced attack on O and good D play (weakness at safety). The Packers may be arguably second, but their loss against the Bears and their game against the Skins today doesn't make that convincing.

It's unclear who the second best in the NFC is, but you're right, at this point you'd have to guess that the Pack will win their division.

I like the positivity. The thing is, though, that we are losing to all the wrong teams. We have to hope that Green Bay wins the North and that the Giants start tanking again. Right now Green Bay will probably win the North, but the Giants have been looking better than the Eagles.

good post.

the thing that i dont understand is that a lot of people think that we are doomed based on the fact that we had a bad second half (again). think of it this way. we are 3-2 after five games. if we play like this for the rest of the season that puts us at worst 9-7 which, like the lombardis kid brother says, puts us in the paloffs. i dont know about a lot of you but after being 5-11 last year i will take 9-7 and a possible wild card berth.

i think that once issues on offense are addressed we are the 2nd best team in the nfc. WE DOMINATED THE PACKERS..at Lambeau field too. Our offense moved the ball all day and almost all of our drops were on 3rd down and good for 1st down yardage. They had one drive longer than 36 yards. If rogers brings down Lee and Moss doesn't fumble the game is over. That is a lot of Ifs..I know, but these MINOR issues are reversable. I am, however, concerned with the giants reemergence. The pack are one dimensional, the cowboys have an alarmingly weak defense and the bucs are starting Earnest Graham(who?). The Giants are well balanced and there d is getting strong, not to mention plaxico is an animal. we need to develop a killer instinct and run more drills in practice that improve our butterfingers(not playing in the rainy tundra helps too)

I think Dallas is the class of the conference right now with the Skins right on their heels.

I really don't think much of Green Bay. Yes their defense is pretty good, but they can't run worth jack and Brett Favre is more a liabilty than anyone really wants to admit. The man just chucks it up there for anyone to go get. You're not going anywhere in January doing that and at his age, he's only going to wear down as the season goes on. They'll win their division and maybe even gain homefield because their division stinks, but I think Dallas and the Skins can go there and beat them if it comes to that.

I think Dallas is the class of the conference right now with the Skins right on their heels.

I really don't think much of Green Bay. Yes their defense is pretty good, but they can't run worth jack and Brett Favre is more a liabilty than anyone really wants to admit. The man just chucks it up there for anyone to go get. You're not going anywhere in January doing that and at his age, he's only going to wear down as the season goes on. They'll win their division and maybe even gain homefield because their division stinks, but I think Dallas and the Skins can go there and beat them if it comes to that.

agree 100% the pack are not impressive at all, only the giants and cowboys make me nervous

Every single team in the NFC has at least one problem. Some have more than others and some problems are more major than others, but man, this NFC is wide open. There is no doubt in my mind that an 8-8 team is going to make the playoffs. I believe that the NFC East is going to get both wildcards.

And once you reach the playoffs, if you catch lightning in a bottle for just a few games...

We HAVE to beat the Cardinals. We can all root for the Skins to pull out a win against the Patriots, but I think we're all being realistic about that one after they trounced the cowgirls.

Take it one game at a time. I just want to see a solid game like the game against the Lion's. If we get that next weekend I'll be VERY happy.

Considering their schedule and their strength and history, they WILL beat the following teams:

Arizona Cardinals

NY Jets

Philadelphia Eagles

TB Bucs

Buffalo Bills

Chicago Bears

Minnesota Vikings

That gives them a record of 10-6 which is good enough to make the playoffs.

Considering their schedule and their strength and history, they WILL beat the following teams:

Arizona Cardinals

NY Jets

Philadelphia Eagles

TB Bucs

Buffalo Bills

Chicago Bears

Minnesota Vikings

That gives them a record of 10-6 which is good enough to make the playoffs.

10-6 and a wild card sounds great but i think we have a shot at a split with the cowboys. Hell I'll trade two wins for one win at fedex over dallas

well, in order to take one from the cowgirls they need to have Sean Taylor do to Romo sits to pee what Lavar did to Acheman. That would just crush their hopes...hell, that would crush that whole city's spirits and hopes.
believe me troll, Romo sits to pee doesn't need to be hurt for us to win. he just needs to see the best secondary he has faced all year. What is your M.O. here anyway? what colors are you wearing? LOL

I think it depends on us finding a offensive line and fixing these second half lapses. The problem with us is that we still face the Giants, Cowboys 2, and the Pats. Too me at this time they are 4 losses. If we had a oline I would say we have a chance with any of them. I know Wade and Heyer and Rabach will be back within two weeks but we have lost 2 games we should have won.

Well, here's for hopin anyways.

Absolutely true that the NFC is weak.

I will say that I was surprised to agree with the NFL Blitz guys today, because they said it's very unclear who is second in the NFC. The Cowboys are unfortunately the best - they have the best balance in terms of balanced attack on O and good D play (weakness at safety). The Packers may be arguably second, but their loss against the Bears and their game against the Skins today doesn't make that convincing.

It's unclear who the second best in the NFC is, but you're right, at this point you'd have to guess that the Pack will win their division.

I think the Pats and Colts could beat the NFC Pro Bowl team handily hehe

:logo:

Archived