Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Packers fan comments on ST during ESPN "Winners" chat...

EnFoRcEr_uPu

Do you people know anything whatsoever about about the game called "football?":laugh:

Sean Taylor has the best ability to read, react, and close on the football that I've ever seen. And, he needs every bit of it; because he's so frequently out of position.

Brett Favre had five open receivers Sunday. Three of them deep. I'm not sure whether it was Favre's weakening 38 year-old arm or a heavy, wet ball, or both, but he underthrew and hung the ball up late on every one.

Sean's amazing athletic ability put him in position to make five interceptions -- and he made two. He dropped more than Santana Moss. An average free safety might have only reached three but could have picked Favre twice in that game.

Sean was a couple of steps behind the receiver in the end zone for a Green Bay TD that was called back on a questionable holding call. And, 60 yard catch and runs, like Donald Lee's, aren't supposed to happen in this defense. The Free safety is supposed to prevent that. Where was Sean on that play?

Sunday was typical of Sean Taylor. He flashes that grade A talent and gives you grade C results.

One outstanding game by Sean Taylor wouldn't warrant calling me out because I've graded him on what I've seen so far in his CAREER overall. But if you're desperate for some ammunition to use on me, at least wait until he actually has an outstanding game.

ahhhh. Ignorance is bliss.

Sean was a couple of steps behind the receiver in the end zone for a Green Bay TD that was called back on a questionable holding call. And, 60 yard catch and runs, like Donald Lee's, aren't supposed to happen in this defense. The Free safety is supposed to prevent that. Where was Sean on that play?

I agree with you on most of this. For the most part Taylor shouldn't let a WR that far past him to let Favre throw those balls, but He made plays and thats the end of that.

As for the 60 Yard pass to Lee. I had no idea you knew the entire Skins Defensive playbook. You can say "FS is supposed to be [here]", but in reality, in the NFL you have so many stunts and changes in Defense that isn't always the case. McIntosh, Rogers, and Landry all had shots to take Lee down and didn't and you blame it on Taylor??? :doh:

Do you people know anything whatsoever about about the game called "football?":laugh:

Sean Taylor has the best ability to read, react, and close on the football that I've ever seen. And, he needs every bit of it; because he's so frequently out of position.

Brett Favre had five open receivers Sunday. Three of them deep. I'm not sure whether it was Favre's weakening 38 year-old arm or a heavy, wet ball, or both, but he underthrew and hung the ball up late on every one.

Sean's amazing athletic ability put him in position to make five interceptions -- and he made two. He dropped more than Santana Moss. An average free safety might have only reached three but could have picked Favre twice in that game.

Sunday was typical of Sean Taylor. He flashes that grade A talent and gives you grade C results.

One outstanding game by Sean Taylor wouldn't warrant calling me out because I've graded him on what I've seen so far in his CAREER overall. But if you're desperate for some ammunition to use on me, at least wait until he actually has an outstanding game.

There were two balls that Favre threw that hung in the air, but they were also perfectly played by Sean Taylor for the interception.

You really are an "ancient" fan! ;)

I agree with you on most of this. For the most part Taylor shouldn't let a WR that far past him to let Favre throw those balls, but He made plays and thats the end of that.

As for the 60 Yard pass to Lee. I had no idea you knew the entire Skins Defensive playbook. You can say "FS is supposed to be [here]", but in reality, in the NFL you have so many stunts and changes in Defense that isn't always the case. McIntosh, Rogers, and Landry all had shots to take Lee down and didn't and you blame it on Taylor??? :doh:

I could be wrong. I based it on Aikman's comment that the weakness of that particular defense was the TE up the middle. that sounds like Cover 3 to me.

The best thing about Taylor's interceptions is that the receiver was open when Favre threw those balls -- Taylor simply crossed the field faster than the ball flew!

I have been one of ST's biggest critics the last year or so. While he does look to be much improved, Im not as giddy on yesterdays performance as most of you.

I counted 2 picks, and three dropped ints in GB. But Im not going to come down on him for the drops since the weather was nasty. But on his first pick, had Favre not been throwing a soggy ball, that would have been an easy score. The reciever had ST beat by 10 yards, atleast, and the ball came out lame. Whie ST does have incredible range, he got lucky on that play. :2cents:

But before I get bashed, I do recognize ST has stepped his game up drasticly this season so far. :applause:

sn2.gifMatt Williamson: (1:27 PM ET ) Needs to continue to show better discipline and he has improved greatly in this area, but yes-I could not agree more. He is a RARE cat. Has ZERO physical weaknesses. Is making a statement and if he stays dedicated, he will be better than Reed, Wilson and Troy P. Honestly. Good call.

Besides discipline, he needs to work on catching the ball. He could have had 4 picks yesterday, instead of 2.

Guess he didn't see Taylor run him down from the other side of the field. Looked to me like we were playing two deep on that play. Unfortunately neither Rogers or Landry managed to take him down. Taylor had to run a long way to make that tackle.

But Oldfan is right perhaps ST should just stand between the hash marks on the goal line on every play. That way, he ALWAYS has a chance to stop the other team from scoring.

Two picks, Brett Favre with a rating of under 50 and a defense that holds the top passing attack to 10 points is a C? :doh:

I was grading Sean Taylor. Gregg Williams got an "A" from me for taking away Green Bay's bread and butter -- the quick slants.

He's already tied his career high of 4 interceptions. And we've only played 5 games!!!!

He'll have 8-10 on the season no question.

Not if we keep hyping him up. Instead, he'll just turn into a shut down Safety. After about 6, people won't throw on his half.

One of two things will happen, then. Either they'll A) under estimate his range and throw too close to his territory, or B) refuse to throw in anywhere near his direction, inevitably sealing off at least 20% of their offensive potential.

Taylor is good, but let;s face it. Favre threw up a couple of wounded ducks. Taylor had more than enough time to recover because of how badly Favre underthrew his receivers.

You really do live by the adage "Every silver lining has a cloud" dontcha?

Two picks, Brett Favre with a rating of under 50 and a defense that holds the top passing attack to 10 points is a C? :doh:

In fairness, on at least one of his picks (and one of his missed picks), had Favre not ducked it and actually led the WR downfield they had easy TDs. ST is playing much better this year but he's also been beat several times and been lucky because of bad throws. I thought the Lions game could've been MUCH different had Kitna not overthrown Furrey by five yards in the first quarter when he was behind everyone with Taylor trailing by 5 yards.

I like what I see in Taylor and the defense so far BUT, all the offenses we've seen so far have been either just plain bad or one dimentional passing offenses. Until we face a team that actually has a running game, let alone a team that can pass and run, I don't think we'll know what we actually have in the defense. They haven't been asked to stop more than one facet of the game in a game yet. :2cents:

So if we do well we're lucky, and if we don't we suck?

Is anyone EVER gonna get that phone?

RingA.gif

That's not at all what I'm saying. What I'm saying is, I've seen WRs running free behind Taylor. Each time the ball has come that way in that situation, it's been over or under thrown. We've played exactly 1 good QB and ZERO offenses that can challenge us in both facets of the game. WRs have been getting behind Taylor, if that keeps happening, it's only a matter of time before we play a team that's good enough to make us pay for it. Go back and watch that 2nd pick by Taylor. If that ball doesn't slip and duck on Favre and he puts it 10 yards further out, they walk in for TD.

I'm just pointing out that other teams have had opportunities and the offenses we play from here on out are infinitely better than most of what we've seen so far. Dallas and NE, among others, will make us pay dearly. I've seen guys pop open deep in each and every game so far but the QB hasn't been able to make the play. Eli, Romo sits to pee and Brady will make the play. Just trying to put a little perspective on "best D in the NFC, ST DPOY" talk because we haven't played a real offense yet and even then, the opportunties have been there for huge plays against us. :2cents:

In fairness, on at least one of his picks (and one of his missed picks), had Favre not ducked it and actually led the WR downfield they had easy TDs. ST is playing much better this year but he's also been beat several times and been lucky because of bad throws. I thought the Lions game could've been MUCH different had Kitna not overthrown Furrey by five yards in the first quarter when he was behind everyone with Taylor trailing by 5 yards.

All QBs overthrow and underthrow their receivers at times. Even Brett Faaaavre. Most safeties don't get into position to intercept the ball five times in one game, underthrows or not. Taylor is covering very well right now. He's making it so that a pass has to be perfect to be completed, otherwise he'll pick it (or at least almost pick it :) )

Packer fans have noticed this. Favre has noticed this. I'm not sure why we can't.

I like what I see in Taylor and the defense so far BUT, all the offenses we've seen so far have been either just plain bad or one dimentional passing offenses. Until we face a team that actually has a running game, let alone a team that can pass and run, I don't think we'll know what we actually have in the defense. They haven't been asked to stop more than one facet of the game in a game yet. :2cents:

Philly and New York both have average to above-average running games. Philly is 10th in rushing and New York is 14th. Philly also has the #10 passing offense which puts them at 5th overall. Other than New England and Dallas, we're not going to play a lot of teams with better or more balanced offenses than we already have. I think we know what we've got on defense by now.

Archived