Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell owned Favre yesterday...

luke1867

I have to say that Campbell was by far the better QB of the two yesterday. And he kinda look like Jonny Unitas with that big Jacket/raincoat he was wearing. I count atleast 6 point blank dropped passes in the game (excluding Lloyd's). If those were caught his stats would be more like 27-31 for 300+ yards. That would have even bettered his stats against the Lions. Granted both QBs played against two different defenses but Favre was playing at home with 12th man behind him in a weather he's very used to. Campbell owned him on Sunday big time.

I think Campbell and Cooley were the only players that played well for us yesterday...if it hadnt been 4 the dropped passes we would have won...That is why this lose bothers me a lot because we should have won by at least 2 touchdowns...

I am hoping you mean the only players who played well on OFFENSE.

If those were caught his stats would be more like 27-31 for 300+ yards. That would have even bettered his stats against the Lions.

It took me awhile to warm up to Jason Campbell as our "franchise" QB, simply because we had been burned so many times before. I always thought he had the potential, but when he had a rocky start to the season I was somewhat wary.

He has proven everyone who doubted him (including me) wrong. He is now throwing shorter throws with great touch and accuracy. He can fit the ball into tight spaces. He makes accurate throws down the field. He buys time from the rush all while keeping his eyes down the field. He steps up in the pocket. He throws the ball away when he doesn't have anything. He is our franchise QB, and he might be playing as well as any other QB in the league right now.

We used to be a power running team because of the deficiencies of our QB.

We are now a balanced offensive team because of the talent of our QB.

I am actually not the least bit worried about our team, even though we lost last night, because Campbell is in control. Our dropped balls cost us the game, otherwise Campbell has his best day as a pro, including the Lions game. Even then, I have seen that the coaches do not have any qualms about making any pass with JC back there.

I have a huge man crush on JC.

Campbell looked mature for someone who has little professional experience.

Numerous drops were very frustrating because they were the long range throws that fans have been dying for all season.

That said it shows tremendous promise for the future, particularly because he played with less than adequate protection during the end of the game.

Give JC a healthy line with starters and have the recievers step up a bit and watch out.

Archived